Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > New York  > Anyone interested in a WNY, Gowanda area group      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 falconlord
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Anyone interested in a WNY, Gowanda area groupPage 1 of 1    

Gowanda-area POF Group

Hi! My name is Bill and I'm known here as FalconLord. On June 21, 2014, I was scheduled to host my first POF singles group event at my house & yard in Gowanda. Although over 50 people signed on to the event, only a couple of them actually showed up.

I have a reader board sign at the end of my driveway. The picture to the right is me standing by my sign as it looked the day of the event [house number removed for this photo].

Well, I still believe in the potential for my home/yard as a venue. It seems that, in western NY, only the City of Buffalo and Amherst have POF member events. I would like to see group event opportunities in the southern tier as well.

So, I posting this in the hope of starting a member's group here centered around Gowanda for general social activities. While I'd like to host some gatherings here at my house, I'm also open to other local venues that might interest the group. Mermber input is certainly encouraged. My focus area for this is a roughly 20-mile radius from Gowanda including: Gowanda, Collins, Perrysburg, Dayton, Lawtons, North Collins, Irving, Brant, Cattaraugus, Concord. Eden, Leon, Angola, Springville, Silver Creek, East Otto, Derby, Hamburg, Fredonia, Boston, Little Valley, Lakeview and Dunkirk. of course, anyone outside the described local area is welcome, as long as they do not feel their distance from Gowanda would prevent them from attending group events.

My House/Yard Venue

To the right you will see some pictures taken at my house from the set up for the June 21 event. My backyard extends 200 feet back from the house and features a 30' party tent. There are also sheltered areas outside in my garage and on a patio area on the side of the garage. Behind the party tent there is a volleyball net set up and, back even farther, there is a campfire area. I also have cornboards & bags as well as other outdoor recreational equipment available.

There is a refrigerator in the garage for cold beverage access as well as a refrigerator in the kitchen inside the house. POF events are generally intended to be for all ages (18 & up) and I only supply a selection of non-alcoholic beverages for events hosted at the house, but those 'of age' are welcome to bring beverages with them for their own responsible use. There is usually extra 'fridge space for cold storage if needed. Also, the enclosed back porch area of the house features a buffet serving area. there is a rack with paper/plastic plates, bowls & utensils. I also own a variety of buffet servers, crock pots and specialty equipment.

Inside the house, the main floor has 2 TV rooms. One of the TVs has an X-Box connection. The other is connected to a Roku media streamer (Amazon Prime video, Pandora, etc.) for you to enjoy. I also have a lighted 7 ft. x 10 ft. dance floor set up with equipment I formerly used in a mobile DJ set-up. In the basement, I have a slate bumper pool table and a homemade knock hockey table.

In Closing - If you live in the Gowanda, NY local area and are interested in the possibility of having a local group here at POF, I encourage you either contact me ( falconlord ) directly or post a reply here. I'm looking forward to finding some interested members here who would enjoy the benefits of a local singles group.
 falconlord
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Anyone interested in a WNY, Gowanda area group
Posted: 6/24/2014 6:17:37 PM
I see that the pics didn't make it into my post. (Sorry) I'll get the into my profile so you can see them.

http://billpeglowski.com/pof/venue.gif
 falconlord
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Anyone interested in a WNY, Gowanda area group
Posted: 4/30/2019 12:09:46 PM
Had some trouble posting a new thread here. So, I'm trying to do so as a reply to the post from my previous event. Looking for input from anyone interested in a 2019 mixer event in the Gowanda area. Gowanda is an hour south of Buffalo, an hour north of Jamestown and about 20 miles east of Lake Erie from Dunkirk/Fredonia. If you don't recognize any of those places, you're probably too far away. Let me know if this interests you.
Show ALL Forums  > New York  > Anyone interested in a WNY, Gowanda area group