Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Being blocked      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 B Bear
Msg: 1
Being blockedPage 1 of 1    
First let me say, I don't talk dirty or am I rude. Like everybody else I see someone I like I may write a few lines referring to their profile or that I'm attracted.
WTF when you go back to the profile a bit later and find they blocked you! No recourse or reason. I just move on but still WTF Just venting, LOL
 tennistown
Msg: 2
Being blocked
Posted: 6/25/2014 10:12:51 AM

WTF when you go back to the profile a bit later and find they blocked you! No recourse or reason.

The reason might be hidden somewhere in your profile. Welcome to Profile Review, you came to the right place!

I like to cuddle and touch, hold you whenever I can and help you with the things you need help with.

^^^^^^^ I would remove this line from your profile

It seems too forward much to soon. Good luck!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 3
Being blocked
Posted: 6/25/2014 10:47:01 AM
So, your most recent photo is from 2010 ?
And you wonder why women don't trust you on the Internet?
The photos and text you have posted lead me to think you have a major case of denial. You need CURRENT handsome photos of YOU,,,, and text that speaks in a positive manner of yourself and the woman you want to meet. This profile is WAY off base, and the results you get are appropriate to your efforts.
If you want to make an earnest effort to change this situation we are ready to help you.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Being blocked
Posted: 6/25/2014 11:30:37 AM
All photos must be recent, that's a site rule.

It's also a rule that should be common sense. Women want to know what you look like NOW so they know what to expect on a date when you turn up. They don't care what you looked like in 2008, 2010 or even in the 70s. Many I wish we could have photos form 2010 up, I looked amazing then, but it would just be misleading.

Any reference to kissing, cuddling or 'physical love' comes off as quite creepy (I don't just mean by you, I mean when any guy does it.) women really don't like it guys profiles. Like if you met a girl in a bar and she said "so tell me about yourself, what kind of things do you like?" and you then said "well I just love kissing and cuddling". It's far too soon to be even mentioning that.

You say 'LOL' 4 times in what paragraph? Is what you are saying really that historical?

All in all your profile comes off as very emotionally needy, with a fascination for the physical. If it is just kissing and cuddling you like, or if that is a code for s*x it's hard to say, but neither are good.

I would say scrap it and start again, go right back to basics with it. Who you are, what you do, what you do for fun, what you are passionate about, and what you are looking for in a partner. All new, recent photos please.

Plus things like

"I don't judge,control, cheat,lie or disrespect women"

Should go without saying, you shouldn't have to point that out, as Chris Rock would say "What do you want? a cookie?"
 Ouija2025
Msg: 5
Being blocked
Posted: 6/25/2014 12:07:38 PM
k Brian..
You want better results lose all the horny guy alerts in the profile! Honest I'd block you too.
You need newer photos, some of your pictures violate site rules ( you must be in each photo)
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 6
Being blocked
Posted: 6/25/2014 3:25:31 PM
Many women block preemptively, fearing that you'll harass her for saying no (or nothing at all). Not your fault, but the fault of your fellow men.

I get the vibe that your way of telling a woman you're attracted includes mentioning the physical hobbies you wish to do with her. Telling a stranger you wish to cuddle with her is definitely creepy and far too personal.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 7
Being blocked
Posted: 6/25/2014 6:24:12 PM
Your profile is one big paragraph, please break things up. People browsing profiles won't bother reading the whole thing beginning to end the way it looks right now.
 RedrockJen
Msg: 8
Being blocked
Posted: 6/25/2014 6:32:16 PM
This alone, explains why you are being blocked: "So when I send you a flirt, letter or place you in my favorites. Please know that I saw something in you I wanted, LOL."

Eww. Remove. Remove it all actually. Plus the pics. Oh, actually, keep the cat pic. But the rest... start over. Take the perv out and put the passion in. And take all new pics.
 9Pluto
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Being blocked
Posted: 6/25/2014 11:25:42 PM
Hi Brian,

WTF when you go back to the profile a bit later and find they blocked you! No recourse or reason. I just move on but still WTF Just venting, LOL

WTF??? LOL!!!!!

Is this supposed to be a profile? Scooter said to scrap the whole thing. I concur. I went through it, and there was not a single sentence worth turning around. Everything was too intimate, too clingy, too depressing, too ranty.

So your recourse and reason is to start over with a clean slate because everything will make them run for the hills. I thought you had a keeper in the first date section, but even that isn't great, but it is recoverable:

You decide where your most comfortable. I rather just go for a walk in the Arnold Arboretum or in any park and talk.
Note you tell the woman she can decide, but then you strike her down before you start with "I'd rather". Can you see what is wrong?

Good luck, you are very good looking for your age if any one pic in fact is somewhat current. Let me suggest your first step is erasing the entire profile as suggested and replacing it with just one sentence before you put your foot in your mouth:

"I'm a mellow guy who wants a relationship with a caring woman."

Next. Remove all the age restrictions and mentions, such as:

I'm attracted for some reason to 40 something's like crazy. No, it's not a younger woman thing either. I've been this way since I was 15.
Are you suggesting you may have been abused by a 40 year old when you were 15?

Clean slate. Please redo this as you would speak to a woman on the street you just met and wanted to pick up.
Cheers
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 10
Being blocked
Posted: 6/26/2014 1:08:31 AM
They don't block you for no reason.

They block you because in the past, when a guy has sent them a message and they have either replied "thanks but no thanks" or not replied at all, they have been sent abusive messages calling them all kinds of names you wouldn't want to use in front of your mother.

Hence they block anyone who they are not interested in as a matter of course, to protect themselves from that kind of thing.
 DaOneYouKeep
Msg: 11
Being blocked
Posted: 6/27/2014 1:30:03 PM
Blocking sucks and it is not justified in every occasion. It is like having the door slammed in your face for no good reason - in my experience My exchanges have always been respectful and polite and they all terminated when the interest was not there. On one occasion I simply sent a second message that invited her to reply if she was interested (can argue this is not necessary. I did get a neutral response from my first message). I then went on to say otherwise good luck to you. This was my last message. She replied back something she disliked about my profile and blocked me before I could defend myself. That was rude. So basically... some women are just bad. Should not matter being that a personality such as that would not make a great connection for me. But I was a bit angered by that.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 12
Being blocked
Posted: 6/27/2014 2:51:38 PM
If you're angered by strangers on the internet, you need to relax more!
 longshot28
Msg: 13
Being blocked
Posted: 6/27/2014 3:15:26 PM
Wow, dude, this profile looks more like a rant than anything else. Also I agree with the past replies, just state what you want, get updated pictures, and at least say what you're looking for.

I agree some women are rude, but I agree that they may be protecting themselves. Don't believe me? Ask any female friend what she hears/sees every time she goes to the club. This behavior on their parts is an example of avoidance and is normally done when a person has had so many bad experiences that he/she learns to be very careful as to not have to deal with a potential psycho.

In the case of yourself, therapy and/or meds may help with your outlook. From what I read, sounds like this happens pretty often and could help to speak to a professional for the sake of your emotional well-being and then some. Not making any accusations, but a joint wouldn't hurt.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 14
Being blocked
Posted: 6/27/2014 3:19:44 PM
" I then went on to say otherwise good luck to you. This was my last message. She replied back something she disliked about my profile and blocked me before I could defend myself. That was rude. So basically... some women are just bad. "
Your face cannot be seen on your main photo, you hide your profession, and I'm not sure how the thuggish username plays. It's about the vibe you send out that cause women to block, the women are not bad, they are protecting themselves .
 firefly416
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Being blocked
Posted: 6/28/2014 11:38:05 AM
I don't think I've ever blocked anyone. But your profile has a lot of bad things in it. First, unless you are willing to show current photos, no matter how fat you are currently, no point in being here. The biggest complaint on any dating site is when people meet someone and they do not look like their photos. We don't care what you looked like in 2008, 2010 or 1970.

In your messages, even saying you're attracted can come across as a little pervy in a first message. It's better to mention something they wrote, perhaps comment on a similar Interest you share.

Delete every LOL unless you are a 13 year old girl.

Read some of the male profiles of the reviewers here.
 Conception616
Msg: 16
Being blocked
Posted: 6/25/2015 2:29:45 PM
How do you even know if someone blocked you?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Being blocked
Posted: 6/25/2015 6:44:03 PM
They are not interested and dont want you coming back and having another attempt when you have forgotten or just recycling. You will have to get used to that if you are going to swim in the murky waters of POF. Dont take it too seriously, the first few times it happens it may have an impact but just move on..... You have been here 8 years and must have experienced it many times before.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 18
Being blocked
Posted: 6/25/2015 9:15:59 PM

How do you even know if someone blocked you?

You try to send them a message and YOU get a message from the site that says that user has blocked you.
 Peas_
Msg: 19
Being blocked
Posted: 6/25/2015 10:04:06 PM
eh, is faceless now.....I wouldn't bother.
 Jon1871
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Being blocked
Posted: 8/12/2015 2:03:47 PM
Yeah ok, I just got blocked for sending one message. Nothing creepy or anything. Hi, How are you, we have something in common. Asked her interests and I got blocked. Didn't know what I did wrong. Thread helped, it's normal. Thanks for the thread. Though it seems to me a bit much.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 21
Being blocked
Posted: 8/12/2015 5:21:03 PM
I could be wrong about this, but I think if you get too many blocks your profile gets deleted.

Be careful on who you send messages to; try to be a little more personal and charming in the first message - comes off as less threatening potential; sign off with something like, "Hope to hear back, but I understand if you're feeling a little overwhelmed."
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Being blocked