Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Women looking online to get...pregnant      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 1
Women looking online to get...pregnantPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I just listened to NPR's weekend news show, and had a good laugh. Apparently, there are women avoiding the expense of sperm banks by going to a variety of websites (I won't mention names, but apparently there's hope for the guys here not getting attention) where men will agree to donate....or get the women pregnant the good ol' fashion way if they're willing to travel. The show interviewed an 18 yr old gal, told by her doc that she has some ovary issue that may make her fertile by her 20's, so she's got mom's permission to be looking around these sites.

thankfully for everyone but the donor, the young lady decided to not have sex w/ the selfless good Samaritan and will become a teacher instead (boy, she woulda made such a great mom). They interviewed one donor who's hooked up with seven women, tho he realizes there's some abuse of the system out there, and of course he's only doing it to help people. but getting laid ain't so bad, either.

naturally, some are finding that there are legal issues. I'm sure some will vote to boot this thread for obviousness, but I'll ask anyway....what's the hoi polloi's opinion on all this?
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 2
Women looking online to get...pregnant
Posted: 7/12/2014 3:25:13 PM
I'd tell the gracious donor's to be wary indeed.

There was a case in Ohio recently where two lesbians put an ad on Craigslist seeking a donor.

Donor was paid for his 'efforts'. Agreements between the consenting adults were signed.

Both lesbians separated.

Pregnant lesbian sought welfare from the state. Guess who the state went after for support? Yep, the donor.

Final verdict from the courts?

The parties agreements were not signed in the presence of an ATTORNEY.

So yeah, be careful where you make your deposits.
 gtomustang
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/12/2014 3:41:37 PM
no deposits...mean no returns? :)

yeah, that'd be an obvious "stopper" for me. but just listening to the chutzpuh of the donor, "oh yeah, I had sex with seven women so far, just to help..." I couldn't keep a straight face. then i thought about some of the fellows who've posted here--what a great scam for them, lol

still, someone might be able to show me another side of this, make it sound....better. but I still wanted to check the calendar to make sure today wasn't April 1st
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/12/2014 5:31:55 PM

but just listening to the chutzpuh of the donor, "oh yeah, I had sex with seven women so far, just to help..." I couldn't keep a straight face.

It would be great for some dude who is sterile (this does not mean he doesn't have testicles or testosterone), and cannot form enough sperm to impregnate a woman; then he can have a FIELD DAY, banging women left and right, because nothing will happen.

But for most guys, once you impregnante a woman, then the laws that govern apply!
Sperm banks operate under lawful guidelines, and those who donate won't know the recipient and he will remain anonymous at all times.

This is never the case if you impregnate a woman the "natural way".
The mother of the child will always have legal recourse.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/12/2014 6:43:10 PM
Poor naive woman in Scotland was angry she got pregnant by a Navy guy that told her he was sterile. What about safety?

Knew a guy in the service that got a prostitute. Nice but dumb guy from a farm with no female experience.

Division officer asked him if used protection, he replied 'I didn't have to. She was on the pill'

Arrggghhhhh
 daynadaze
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2014 12:08:05 PM
We are each responsible for our own use of birth control, if you allow the other to take care of 'that', then you may very well find yourself the proud owner of a new life.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2014 2:12:23 PM
I qualify as hoi. VERY hoi.

I think it's yet another example of a very old human activity with a slightly new face put on it. From what I've heard and seen, women who wanted to get preggers and didn't care who the father was have been doing it since they figured out how to do it. All in all, no big woop.

I'm sure that there will be people who have long standing agendas of one kind or another will herald this as yet more proof that they are right, as such folks always do. Someone will claim that it proves that the US is in a state of moral decline. Someone will claim that it proves that the internet is the Devil. Someone will say that it's a plot by all these women to get more money from the government (whether any of them are actually doing so or not...I have yet to have run across a fanatic who cared about facts), and so on. All the usual stuff.

I have more pressing matters to concern myself with.
 gtomustang
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/13/2014 2:14:30 PM
if a mother finds a sperm bank too expensive...where's she gonna get the $100,000 to raise a healthy child not going to college? Even libertarians might agree, if there was ever a way that we could make it so humans had to pass a test and get a license in order to become a parent...it would be a great invention.
 daynadaze
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2014 4:32:29 PM
Not really, because it would become corrupt in no time, maybe even before it went into effect. Just as there's never going to be a time when all people take responsibility for their reproductive system, and just as it's never going to happen that all people wanting kids are going to be good at being parents.
 forums1
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/5/2014 10:59:57 PM

I'd tell the gracious donor's to be wary indeed.

There was a case in Ohio recently where two lesbians put an ad on Craigslist seeking a donor.

Donor was paid for his 'efforts'. Agreements between the consenting adults were signed.

Both lesbians separated.

Pregnant lesbian sought welfare from the state. Guess who the state went after for support? Yep, the donor.

Final verdict from the courts?

The parties agreements were not signed in the presence of an ATTORNEY.

So yeah, be careful where you make your deposits.

Actually I think you're wrong there Clooney. If I recall it correctly the papers were drawn up by an attorney (his), and presumably signed in the presence of one (or more), any good attorney would insist on that.

The problem was that the state law insists that a doctor be involved... I dunno how they did it, the turkey baster approach? , but apparently since the actual insemination was not done with the involvement of an actual medical doctor it was not a legal 'donation' as far as the state courts were concerned - so yes, he was found liable for support. (That being said, one would also think a good attorney would have known/investigated that as well, but... welcome to the world of legal technicalities).
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/7/2014 6:41:21 AM
I'd tell the gracious donor's to be wary indeed.There was a case in Ohio recently where two lesbians put an ad on Craigslist seeking a donor.Donor was paid for his 'efforts'. Agreements between the consenting adults were signed.Both lesbians separated. Pregnant lesbian sought welfare from the state. Guess who the state went after for support? Yep, the donor.Final verdict from the courts? The parties agreements were not signed in the presence of an ATTORNEY.So yeah, be careful where you make your deposits.

Actually I think you're wrong there Clooney.

Actually, there's a few things wrong.

1) I believe you are referring to a case in KANSAS
2) There's no proof money changed hands and nobody is admitting to it.
3) The Lesbian couple downloaded the contract. Apparently no attorneys were involved - which you appear to have correct. However, the state's case has NOTHING to do with legality of an "agreement" between the parties.

4) The legal issue in KANSAS was the lack of Doctor involvement, not $$ changing hands or agreements not being signed in the presence of an ATTORNEY.

Kansas law is clear that a “donor of semen provided to a licensed physician for use in artificial insemination of a woman other than the donor’s wife is treated in law as if he were not the birth father of a child thereby conceived, unless agreed to in writing by the donor and the woman.” … This court finds that, because the parties did not provide the donor sperm to a licensed physician, the statutory basis for preclusion of paternity does not apply, and the donor therefore can be determined to be the father of the child.

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2014/02/12/sperm-donor-child-support
 forums1
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/7/2014 7:07:56 PM
^ There you go. I remember reading about it and it being about them not using a doctor and that it had nothing really to do with the 'agreement' between them. It might have actually wound up being legal in another state.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2014 2:23:50 AM
Looking for specific sperm because of looks and intelligence is nothing new.
Just how it's done.

The web is the new "bar" and I prefer a bar.
In my case , a restaurant is where I found mine and it made a genetically perfect child (after marriage of course, so mother wouldn't just DIE) which was soon voided and mission accomplished.

Back in my day, when a woman wanted to get preggers, they would pull the ol' Newfoundland Lobster Trap on a guy.

Whats a lobster thingy??
Is that Yankee talk?
 forums1
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/9/2014 7:31:10 PM
Well, y'know, I remember seeing a profile on here once with the tag line something like:

"Looking to make interracial babies"

I wonder how that's working out for her?
Suppose I have to give her kudos for honesty even if I think it's probably being a little too "up front".
 readysetgo233
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/1/2014 8:46:30 PM
Hey Hun! I can help if you would like..
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/23/2015 5:31:50 PM
We'll, there you go. Here you have two men who apparently have a reading comprehension problem, willing to get gtomustang pregnant, lol
 8inscrew
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/23/2015 5:56:53 PM
Chuckles
 runningout
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2015 6:02:21 PM
LMFAO Love....

I see Gto's half smirk picture changing to the one of the Screaming Man painting when he reads those two posts.
 8inscrew
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/23/2015 8:17:27 PM
Courageous visual.
 gtomustang
Msg: 21
what i get for whining about not getting laid
Posted: 7/23/2015 10:04:53 PM
y'know the profile pic Dragonbites has up?

yeah. something like that.

sorry, guys up above. I'm looking for a date who won't be a pain in my ass.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/24/2015 12:40:40 AM
A woman who is dumb enough to do that and a guy who is dumb enough to accommodate her ought to make for really spectacular genetics...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2015 2:34:46 AM

or get the women pregnant the good ol' fashion way if they're willing to travel.

Willing to travel? Don't understand that being a factor. Any gal who wants to get prego can hop on POF, make a profile with "Hang Out" and "No Commitment", with her profile saying she's just looking to do it and do it good, no strings.... and by the time she reads her 10th inbox message, a guy will be knocking on her door with a hard-on!
 sealady111
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/29/2015 1:58:47 AM
Woman wants to get pregnant with a stranger?

Nahhh

Woman wants to have a man with a fabulous genes impregnate her so she has a genetically blessed child.

I know a woman who did it.
And yes.... the outcome is a genetically blessed child who would like to find her dad.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/29/2015 5:09:54 PM
It's like that Heart song. I just gave you all an ear worm, you're welcome.
 cotter
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2015 10:09:22 AM
I suppose it's no different than the women who live close to military bases and frequent the bars that the guys hang out in. I have the impression that a lot of them (not all of them) hang out there so they can get pregnant from a military man ... because they know if they can prove the guy got her pregnant as long as he's in the military, the government will see to it she gets her child support.

As for "genetically blessed" ... that's anyone's guess.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Women looking online to get...pregnant