Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Drinking and dating, bad choice?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 1
Drinking and dating, bad choice?Page 1 of 1    
Time for some fun. For a lot of us, this is going to involve looking back to our college years, since hopefully most of us don't make this mistake anymore...

What is your most embarassing moment that came with accidentally drinking too much on a first date(or any of the first couple dates where you still have to be impressive), either you or your date?
 gtomustang
Msg: 2
in my case, only good choices.
Posted: 8/28/2014 12:33:16 PM
I'm begin at the wrong end of the spectrum. Didn't drink, b/c I was paying for everything when I went to university. why waste needed cash?

Go to a dorm party one night, chick drags me back to her room, certain I was the guy she was with an hour before at some other joint. She's so drunk, she's missing the ashtray when she grinds out her cigarette.

I split. I don't do drunk broads, not after I witnessed one who thought she was Mae West, drag a guy home from the bar, up to her room, and come down later claiming rape--who knows? Anyhoo, next week, at lunch w/ friends from the party, they mention my drag-away date had just found out she was preggers, her bf in the Navy is claiming "never met her", and naturally, I dodged drama I never need.

there may have been "opportunities" I missed out on, by not drinking. probably drama, too.
 Della D
Msg: 3
Drinking and dating, bad choice?
Posted: 8/28/2014 2:16:10 PM
Never having been much of a drinker, I (unfortunately?????) can not blame any dumb dating snafus during college years or any other time on my blood alcohol level, smile.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/28/2014 3:14:04 PM
Got so sloshed at a gal's place, that I forgot to take my condom off.

Woke up hung over and drove back to ship (U.S. Navy).

Went to use the restroom on the ship.

Went pee, and felt my wee wee getting really, really heavy...like someone tied an anchor to it.

Well, my buddy walked into the restroom and thought he saw what must have been a very swollen wee wee and yelled 'WTF?!'

At that moment, I turned and the condom exploded against the side of the urinal divider.

Hey, you asked...
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/28/2014 3:15:33 PM
What is your most embarassing moment that came with accidentally drinking too much on a first date(or any of the first couple dates where you still have to be impressive), either you or your date?

Sounds like a poll.
 Maleman999
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/28/2014 7:08:39 PM

Sounds like a poll.

Eastern Europeans are known for their heavy drinking.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2014 7:30:52 PM
Embarrassing for him, but funny for me ...

Ok, so long time friend turned lover. A planned night out with too much chardonnay and a room paid for in advance. A park-at-the-door type of hotel. We get to the room, very hot and bothered, barely making onto the bed.

As I'm moving backwards he's using his feet to get down the rest of his pants and steps on his car alarm, sending flashing lights onto the bed from his (high-up) vehicle being parked in front of the room (the curtains were open with just the shears closed). He was too confused to find the alarm and turn it off fast enough. I was laughing, of course, which took the intensity down a few notches for (just) a little bit :)

College years? I had more fun as a grown up than I did in college ... lol.
 ladymercury
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/28/2014 8:07:11 PM
Oh, I like this one ... no shame, no shame. I drink much, much less these days but what a hoot to remember ...

- A first relationship ends after countless times getting too pissed after a night on the town ... didn't want to be in the house after the bar, too stifling you know, so ended up on the lawn a few times. Embarrassing, but totally true. It seems I rather sleep outside after a few too many pops ... something about those stuffy walls I guess.
- A night out with a new date with some drinks and some fun ... no big deal, right? Wrong. After returning home from the date ended up with two black eyes from a face-plant on the bed frame. Holding the guy's hand the next day at school proved a bit awkward ... people staring and glances all around. No, he didn't hit me, I just fell into the bed!
- Hanging with a new beau amoungst friends, enjoying yet another night at the pub, watching local bands and whatever. Totally into this guy we go back to his place and, well one things leads to another ... yup, fell asleep right in the thick of it. Hilarious morning, we still laugh about it today.

Oh, the list goes on and on. Some things you just don't remember anymore.
 gtomustang
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/28/2014 8:24:05 PM
jeez, clooney, sounds like the condom got pissed off.

Back when I was a wee lad, and no A/C, had the windows opened and the lass down the way came home in her VW, got into an argument we could hear w/ whoever she brought home (She admitted later when I mowed her lawn, she had a habit of bringing home strays), jumped in the Bug and blasted down the driveway, only to slam on the brakes and vrrrrrrrrr back up the driveway in reverse at full throttle..and then scream

"WTF am I doing? This is MY HOUSE. YOU get the F out of here!"

in her defense, I'll guarantee she was schnockered at the time.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/28/2014 9:09:31 PM

Well, I once paired a pinot noir with tilapia, when it should have been a pinot grigio.

Faux pas.

(OK, I just made that up, but I'm too responsible to have anything more entertaining).
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/28/2014 9:57:00 PM
I don't drink. I don't hang around people who drink. I hate crowd mentality, especially when it involves alcohol and I'd never drink on my dates. Never have.
 daysleeper5
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2014 10:10:42 PM
I've never had a bad drinking date. It's the sober ones that are torture...ha ha.

College drinking was more about the sloppy make-outs at parties. It was usually with someone you never saw before and never saw again. The entire conversation preceding it may have compromised of "Heyyyy, you're cute." ;)
 sddude
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2014 1:18:23 PM
I hardly drink, a beer can can last me half the night, but usually during my dates if there is drinking around
I try to control the situation but alot of times if my date gets plastered, it usually ends in embarrassment.
I am usually the designated driver and the coherent one.

Two days ago (WED), I went out with a lady who got very drunk, I tried to limit her drinking so we would have a better time at the fun bar we were at, she embarrassed herself falling over , yelling out loud that she wanted sex with me etc... in the end, all the vomit and losing bowl movemets (the runs ) peeing in my car, made it a pretty bad night, she when not drunk is pretty attractive inside and out, long story short, I had to clean up vehicle and her.
She woke up with a horrible hang over and does not remember , last night she was still agony and asked me how the date went, I made up a pleasent story, anything else might have been a bad dream.

Drinking is not good on a first date when you do not know the person, it may open up embarrassing doors.
I will see her tonight but it will be at the movies if she feels better.
 Walts
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/29/2014 3:20:51 PM

What is your most embarassing moment that came with accidentally drinking too much on a first date

I ran outta whiskey.......
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Drinking and dating, bad choice?