Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > suggestion to plenty of fish      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MRSunset2490
Msg: 1
suggestion to plenty of fishPage 1 of 1    
if you block someone why can they see your profile only to attempt to message you and get a message saying that you blocked them. plentyoffish should fix this issue by making it where you can not see the person's profile or find it anywhere on plenty of fish if they block you.this would help people find relationships a lot faster by filtering out the ones who don't wanna talk to one another. this would filter out the people who blocked you and therefore this message would be unnecessary as getting this message just lowers your self esteem. if someone blocks you, you do not want to be able to find their profile anywhere on the site as long as you're logged in. As of now, if someone blocks you, they disappear from your inbox, but the still show up in your matches and they site will let you waste your time writing a message that you can not send "you have been blocked by this person" (a very hurtful discouraging message) I do not want this person to show up in my matches and click on them only to find out that I got blocked by them. If they block me, I shouldn't even know. I think it is unfair to users on plenty of fish who have faced this problem. This makes people want to leave the site.
 cotter
Msg: 2
view profile
History
suggestion to plenty of fish
Posted: 8/29/2014 11:11:53 AM

As of now, if someone blocks you, they disappear from your inbox, but the still show up in your matches and they site will let you waste your time writing a message that you can not send "you have been blocked by this person" (a very hurtful discouraging message) I do not want this person to show up in my matches and click on them only to find out that I got blocked by them.
How difficult is it to remember which people have blocked you?

If you have short-term memory problems, you could copy their name and picture (in case they change their name) to a word document and consult it prior to writing an email.

I don't block people unless they are really bothering me.
 selyemcsiklo
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/31/2014 5:27:38 PM
It's fun blocking people. I block everyone, absolutely everyone, who writes to me, and on top, I block about ten people randomly every day.

OP, you should stop your whining, and start blocking. You will see how much fun it is. Do like me or like cotter: block like cotter, selectively with pretenses, or globally and uniformly, like I do.
 ButtercupBubbleBum
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/31/2014 7:40:07 PM
what do you do to get women blocking you? I've in and out of POF over that last few years and have never needed to use my block button.
 gtomustang
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/1/2014 6:56:24 AM
Personally, I'd like it if blocking meant I couldn't see their picture. That's b/c I've been here for years, I might click on a profile I tried a year ago, b/c I forgot over they weren't interested. If I they told me a second time, "told you I'm not interested", I could just say, "sorry, block me, I don't mind, and I won't forget and bother you a third time."
 Consensuality
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/19/2014 1:01:42 AM
Close the forums
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > suggestion to plenty of fish