Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Confessions of a Sociopath.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Alex_0_
Msg: 1
Confessions of a Sociopath.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
As the title says. Yes I am one.
Here's some key facts you should know.

1. Sociopaths are capable of mimicking feelings and emotions. They can even mimic empathy if need be.
2. There is good and bad in everyone. Even sociopaths.
3. Sociopaths are so good at lying they have the power to lie to themselves and create false facts about themselves.
4. They see life as a game of chess, they will do anything they can to get what they want.
5. They learn from their mistakes and rarely pull the same mistake twice. Providing it's in their gain to learn from it.
6. Highly intelligent and fully capable of switching "roles" as a person. (Actors are skilled at this)
7. I'm left handed.
8. I act differently around certain people all the time, to a point where I can dumb myself down to their level of IQ.
9. I've caused a lot of social destruction for shits and giggles during childhood, high school and through workplaces.
(Think of trolling in real life)
10. I live a very sheltered life due to losing everyone who was close to me... from my anti-social behavior. The closest people I have now is only family.
11. I killed a baby chicken when I was 6 years old. (It wasn't intentional, but I never felt guilt)
12. Sociopaths know the difference between right and wrong. They choose to either acknowledge or dismiss the case.
13. Manipulation and influence is an art.

And if you're curious to know why I'm confessing all of these things.
Well living a sheltered life... puts the "game" on hold. My intentions aren't evil, but I need to somehow blend in with all you normal folk' somehow right? Mimicking empathy is a start. I hope this post will make you 'normal' people feel better about your own lives. People see me as a very normal person... until they get close to me, they'll start seeing things that are strange (my behaviour) There's always a slight chance you might run into someone like me, but with all these key facts, I've potentially saved you from running into a sociopath in future who may make your life very miserable. And yes... sociopaths do encounter sociopaths, they hold the best conversations from my experience. (Probably cause we're both talking shit to each other)
However, my intentions on POF and internet dating isn't for "evil". Sociopaths get lonely too and we still have fears.
We just never developed a conscience, that's what makes us different. :( :P :) :D :|
 jazzfan0117
Msg: 2
Confessions of a Sociopath.
Posted: 9/2/2014 6:18:28 AM
If sociopaths wish to employ a bit of fake empathy to suggest how much they're just like other people, then maybe sociopaths aren't as smart as they think they are. Otherwise, sociopaths would have realized that there are consequences (direct and indirect) to not only their thoughts, but their actual behavior. Such consequences could include, for example, loneliness and fear. Which seems fitting at least, albeit uncomfortable for any lonely sociopaths in question, and a bit ironic.

See ya.
 Alex_0_
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/2/2014 6:25:27 AM
Thanks for the tip.
 gingerosity
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2014 6:41:51 AM
If sociopaths get lonely too, maybe you should have thought about that before you "chose" to be a d*** to everyone in your life. Action->Consequence, as jazzfan said.

Apparently it's something like 1% of people who are sociopaths, which means that on a site like this there are hundreds of thousands. With a bit of luck you'll find the right one for you and manipulate happily ever after.
 Alex_0_
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/2/2014 6:52:54 AM
If sociopaths get lonely too, maybe you should have thought about that before you "chose" to be a d*** to everyone in your life. Action->Consequence, as jazzfan said.

Thanks for the tip. If you must know, there's no regrets. I feel better actually knowing that I can create such an impact on someone's life that it changes their path and their future. Whether it be a good thing or bad thing for them... I'm quite satisfied. I'm not the one crying at night everyday from traumatic experiences, though it feels good knowing I am fully capable to make a person feel such emotion.

And not everyone is gone. I have one person very very close to me, I've known him since childhood. We're both very alike, except he has the advantage... of being Caucasian in a Caucasian society; not fully alone yet.
 gingerosity
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2014 7:38:21 AM

If you must know, there's no regrets.

Nope, I mustn't know. Have fun getting attention though if that's all you're 'confessing' for.
 Alex_0_
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/2/2014 7:46:26 AM

Nope, I mustn't know. Have fun getting attention though if that's all you're 'confessing' for.

You and me are very alike. Ask yourself this question, what made you decide to respond to such bullshit that I apparently created if you think all I want is 'attention' from such fascinating topics?
Are you here to tower over me and prove something?
Everyone else is lurking around reading and not posting replies, yet you had to. You had to be the 'hero' of this thread.
Dem feels... aren't existent.
 jazzfan0117
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/2/2014 8:04:33 AM
I'm not the one crying at night everyday from traumatic experiences, though it feels good knowing I am fully capable to make a person feel such emotion. And not everyone is gone. I have one person very very close to me, I've known him since childhood.

Charlie Manson? LOL. Do you take turns making each other cry from the traumatic experiences you get so much satisfaction out of inflicting on each other? Do the attendants come into the room and hose you down when you're done? That would be fun to watch.

We're both very alike, except he has the advantage... of being Caucasian in a Caucasian society; not fully alone yet.

Yes it's such an unfair world for socipaths, but only if they aren't Caucasian.
 Alex_0_
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/2/2014 8:17:42 AM

Yes it's such an unfair world for socipaths, but only if they aren't Caucasian.

I never once mentioned the world is unfair on my part. You simply jumped to that conclusion yourself. If I wanted to be 'accepted' and 'blend' in with everyone. I'd move to Hong Kong... but that would be rather challenging as everyone over there is just like me. But no, quite frankly I'm content here.

Charlie Manson? LOL. Do you take turns making each other cry from the traumatic experiences you get so much satisfaction out of inflicting on each other? Do the attendants come into the room and hose you down when you're done? That would be fun to watch.

And not exactly, he wouldn't be close to me if that's all we did. Maybe we're a team? Ever thought of that?
 jazzfan0117
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/2/2014 8:33:00 AM
I never once mentioned the world is unfair on my part. You simply jumped to that conclusion yourself.

Yep I did jump to that conclusion myself, but if you hadn't suggested it, I never would have been so incredibly inspired to make the leap. This should thrill you, because you just got through telling us how much satisfaction you get out of influencing others. Aren't you tingling like a little fairy princess?

Have you covertly changed the rules of the game? Now I have to start taking you super-ultra-literally all the time? If you can change the rules without telling anyone, so can I.

Guess what I'm going to do next.
 Alex_0_
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/2/2014 8:40:05 AM

Aren't you tingling like a little fairy princess?

I can honestly say, I haven't jumped into the shoes of a 4 year old girl in a fairy princess costume. However, I remember when I was 4... my grandpa bought me lollies and he wasn't allowed to get any... cause I told him they were spicy.

Have you covertly changed the rules of the game?

Rules of the game? There's rules, whether they are followed or not is a different story.

Guess what I'm going to do next.

I give up.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/2/2014 9:30:24 AM

I hope this post will make you 'normal' people feel better about your own lives.

I've potentially saved you from running into a sociopath in future who may make your life very miserable.

Wait … what's that smell?

Is that e m p a t h y on the breeze?

Sorry, OP, you sound like just a garden variety manipulative narcissist to me.
But, thanks for the "warning."
 daynadaze
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2014 3:42:45 PM
You have described human behavior, it's the degree to which one goes away from normal that would matter. You could just be a bored boy thinking you've outsmarted the old people after taking a psych class or two. And I read this, and replied because I felt like it, not because you played some mind trick. While the theme is interesting, your intake seems surface level, what more in-depth ideas do you have on human psychology? This is just scanning the bold type from a psych book, if you are a true sociopath, you must have much better descriptions of your own behavior and thoughts. Sociopaths are not that hard to recognize, heck just look at politicians. And no I'm not saying all politicians are sociopaths, I'm saying that's a great profession for a sociopath, so it's easy to find them and study them.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/2/2014 4:03:41 PM

Posted by alex_0:
"As the title says. Yes I am one.
Here's some key facts you should know."

Posted by alex_0:
"I killed a baby chicken when I was 6 years old.
(It wasn't intentional, but I never felt guilt)"

Do you have thoughts of violence towards others, yourself, or both?
Have you ever seriously contemplated acting upon those thoughts?
 fuglygirl
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/2/2014 4:07:29 PM

Posted by alex_0:
"I killed a baby chicken when I was 6 years old.
(It wasn't intentional, but I never felt guilt)"

do you realize there are workers in chicken factory farms who kill thousands of chickens a day?

do you think they feel guilt? also killers of cattle, pigs, many other animals do many per day. you were a slacker.
 Alex_0_
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/2/2014 6:59:05 PM
Have you ever seriously contemplated acting upon those thoughts?

I've been seeing shrinks regularly since the age of 14. I'm 21 as of now.
The problem is, I've been lying to the shrinks all this time... and telling them what they might like to hear.
They've concluded many diagnoses such as:
ADHD, Schizophrenia, Bipolar and Homicidal Idealization.

Do you have thoughts of violence towards others, yourself, or both?

I can honestly say I've never ever hurt myself, that was because I never ever blamed myself. I find people who self harm very weak and disturbed. Thoughts of violence are always lurking around everyday, whether I put it to place is another story. And yes, I've kicked/beat my family dogs a few times when I was a young teenager. (To take anger out on them in which they caused me) my family witnessed it all, but they just send me back to the shrink every time I do something wrong. But I moved out only recently away from my family. I instantly despised house pets as soon as I found my personal items to be chewed up by an undisciplined puppy.

what more in-depth ideas do you have on human psychology?

I played the role of a person suffering from 'Schizophrenia' for 4 years. I told everyone who came close to me that I have that illness (I was diagnosed with it at 17) I became so immersed in the role... I actually fooled myself thinking I had it. Safe to say now, I pulled myself out of that routine because nobody actually knew what Schizophrenia is and they mistake that for my personality and who I am.
Also I have a hard time trusting shrinks, it feels as if I'm just telling them what they want to hear half the time. I don't see a shrink voluntarily... my family always payed for the sessions and they enforced me to go. So you can just imagine how committed I am to prescription pills right?

do you realize there are workers in chicken factory farms who kill thousands of chickens a day?

Yes, though in my mind at the time. I was disappointed my chicken died... because I had no chicken to play with anymore. I remember how I killed the chicken actually, I kept making him perform "base jumping" off the top of my bunk bed. I broke it's legs over and over again... I honestly couldn't feel it's pain... but I was just doing my best to make my pet have fun, I had no idea it would have died the next day. I even had thoughts of taking him for a hot bath. (Safe to say I didn't know what I was doing or how to look after a pet)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/2/2014 7:07:18 PM
Have you shared with potential dates that you are a reformed sociopath?
What has their reaction typically been when you have shared this insight?
 Alex_0_
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/2/2014 7:19:23 PM

Have you shared with potential dates that you are a reformed sociopath?
What has their reaction typically been when you have shared this insight?

I met and dated one girl on POF. We dated at first, then within 2 weeks... she rejected me for her abusive ex boyfriend, though my relationship with her was so ****ed up. I had been hanging with her and her boyfriend at their house... only to hope build a reputation that I could get her back. (She saw me as a best friend, though I had feelings towards her)
I told her I had Schizophrenia, but she assumed that I'm a person that self diagnoses on Google. Eventually we stopped hanging out after she rejected me again after she split with her boyfriend. To me, it felt like a huge waste of effort trying to impress the girl I had feelings for again. (She told me she friend zoned me 2 months in of our 1 year 'friendship') So obviously that got to me... and I did nothing but constantly abuse her verbally and blamed her for everything. She called me out and told me I'm a sociopath. Hope that answers your question, I don't tell people I'm a sociopath, but they learn for themselves when they hang out with me for so long.
 daynadaze
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2014 7:36:10 PM
Psychiatrists are quite use to patients who play games with them, they would not be dumbfounded by what you've described. Being a sociopath would not necessarily mean you want to kill things, it means if you were into killing things you wouldn't have any remorse about the actual killing. But you may well feel remorse about getting caught, or having it interfere with your life or even missing the person you killed. Sociopaths aren't more likely to kill or or not feel things, it's just they feel things about themselves, about consequences that interfere with their life or what they want. Again you are talking about very surface level things, nothing in depth.
 Alex_0_
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/2/2014 11:52:38 PM

Again you are talking about very surface level things, nothing in depth.

I'll go into more depth. I once crashed into another car due to careless reckless driving. Instant reaction to consequences was money... rather than knowing if I've hurt a person in the car or not. If I did hurt the person in the car, the only worry for me would be jail. I honestly don't believe I could carry on some kind of 'guilt' with me for a lifetime... if it doesn't affect me. I know there's people in much worse situations than me... (people who are living in 3rd world countries, poverty, homeless, abused etc.) but I don't seem affected by it. I can't do anything to help them, I didn't create the 'money' system, so therefore I shouldn't have to help them... as I'm doing my best to survive in this 'system' that was created on us.

Want to go deep in my mind?
If I was standing in front of two buttons.
Button 1 = World Peace
Button 2 = Destroy Universe

Even if I pushed button 1, I still have knowledge on what the world was really like beforehand. Everyone else would be content, except me.
Button 2 wouldn't make sense either... as it'd take me away from the universe too.
So therefore no buttons are going to be pressed.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/3/2014 7:41:40 AM

We just never developed a conscience, that's what makes us different.

So in knowing what you now know; what is keeping you from developing a conscience?
Unlike, your skin color, or eye color, a conscience is something you can acquire/develop if you so wish.

Keep in mind, that in the course of your life you will face personal adversity & even tragedy (sickness, injury, etc)
It is not if; but rather it is when! It happens to everyone eventually.
Then you'll have to ask whether you prefer someone who is caring for you to have a conscience or not.

Begin to give of yourself;
by volunteering at nursing home, hospitals, homeless shelters
and realize that you can be in the every same situation as these pple are, very quickly.
you don't have to empathize with every tragic situation, just that which ends up touching you!
You will soon see how you can be an asset to others and even yourself.

Keep in mid that if you do this, then the sociopath in you will tell you that nothing will change with you
and that it is a waste of time (if you haven't already accepted this), and that you can never change.
and this should be your next challenge; to dispel labels and traits (unless you are happy with your label).

As far as lying and manipulating are concerned; at the end of the day; the only person you are fooling is yourself. Just look at the fruits it has produced for you as a person.

I commend you for putting this out about yourself, but the next step is to gain the fortitude to go the extra step, and come into fulfillment as a total human being.
 Alex_0_
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/3/2014 8:16:57 AM
Keep in mind, that in the course of your life you will face personal adversity & even tragedy (sickness, injury, etc)
It is not if; but rather it is when! It happens to everyone eventually.
Then you'll have to ask whether you prefer someone who is caring for you to have a conscience or not.

I survived 2 major vehicle accidents. One was on a motorbike... where Ambulance, Police and Fire Fighters came to the scene within 2 minutes and help came right away... but I walked away without a scratch. The 2nd time was... I driving through a mountain late at night... and I crashed into a guard rail. My phone had no service... so I decided to sleep in my car till help arrived. I was stranded for 6 hours before I was taken to a telephone in the nearest town. I also walked away without a scratch.

I personally believe I am capable of changing, but whether I can control the inner sociopath... that's a different story. It'll always be lurking around. It depends on my mood... literally, on how I would go about a situation where I'd need to take action.

But yes I appreciate your insight. I am happy with this label, but maybe I could get over it?... And soon want something else? Only time will tell. As I'm only 21 years old and still have a long way to go.

I can honestly say I'm quite thankful for living in a country with so much freedom. I can honestly say if I was put in a 3rd world country... my way of thinking and actions wouldn't be accounted for.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2014 10:19:54 AM
You chose the word "confession," not acknowledgement. That indicates guilt. As someone has already pointed out that just makes you a !@#k.

You're only 21. You have no idea what you are or what you can be. The choice to be an indefinite !@#k is certainly one you're capable of not making.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/3/2014 12:22:11 PM
Even though you posted this ostensibly as a Public Service Announcement, it is obvious, by the way you offer up evidence as a counterpoint to other posters, that you are seeking validation for your theory.

That is completely contrary to sociopathic behavior, but narcissists and other attention seekers crave validation.
A sociopath doesn't give a sh!t what anyone else thinks.

I survived 2 major vehicle accidents. One was on a motorbike... but I walked away without a scratch. The 2nd time was... I crashed into a guard rail. ... I also walked away without a scratch.

That would feed a narcissistic personality, since they believe they control the world and outcomes of events. Also, Delusions of Immortality are not uncommon among teenagers. You are barely out of this phase, yourself, if you are being honest about your age.

So you can just imagine how committed I am to prescription pills right?

Get back on the meds. Then print out this thread and show it to your shrink (IF you want to get some help).

But yes I appreciate your insight. I am happy with this label, but maybe I could get over it?... And soon want something else?

Otherwise, just keep jumping around on the internet, filling in checklists until you find a diagnosis you are "happy" with.

Posted: 9/3/2014 1:46:59 PM
Oh god...even this conversation has so many holes in it already.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Confessions of a Sociopath.