Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Black girls dating white guys. How common is this?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 2
Black girls dating white guys. How common is this? Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I've grown up in a very racially diverse area (Los Angeles) and have always found the "why's of ethnic pairing very interesting. I have noticed some pairings a little more common than others, but you'll always see exceptions.

Also, attraction is going to be a very individual thing. In other words, don't make assumptions about what or who someone might like..approach everyone as an individual. I would definitely go with the idea that a confident/positive GUY (emphasis on GUY, not COLOR) is the way to go.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 3
Black girls dating white guys. How common is this?
Posted: 9/7/2014 8:08:34 AM
I date guys from any ethnicity, but I steer clear of guys who fetishize black women and put Black women in a different (and often grossly stereotypical) category. Your words would make me very hesitant to date you.

As for how common it is, depends on where you live. There are plenty of interracial couples in my neighborhood. In others, it would be a big deal. Luckily, it's 2014, so it's legal no matter where you live.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/7/2014 8:15:25 AM
Where in your head do you get that black women aren't approachable? If you see somebody in whom you're interested on this site, communicate with the,. The worst that will happen is that they probably won't reciprocate the interest, which is well within their right not to. And don't view her as an object. (There are men who are into fetishism.)
 hemingway114
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/7/2014 8:33:02 AM
When I was dating, I used to get hit on by black women occasionally. You'll need a picture online.
 south_city
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/7/2014 4:35:45 PM
Unless they have race requirements on their profile, it's worth a shot to email the black women that you are interested in. The worst thing that can happen is that the interest is not mutual. The reason(s) why they aren't interested may nothing to do with race.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/7/2014 4:47:34 PM
I just conducted a comprehensive poll of all 1.75 billion black women on the entire planet.
They advised me the answer to your exact question is: "It depends."

When I pressed them to provide further detail to their initial response, they advised me:
"If a guy is interested, he should just send us a note. We would do the same thing if we saw him on POF first."

So there you go, the comprehensive data is in and it has been compiled.
If you see someone on POF to whom you are attracted, regardless of color, you should promptly write. Good luck!
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/8/2014 7:10:59 AM
It all depends on where you live, and what type of heat do you want to endure. Like a poster above, who took offense to having a white boy compete for what he may feel entitled as being for him, there are cities that don't take too well to that idea and you would then have to be strong enough to endure the lurking eyes.

I live in Atlanta, and area that has a large population of African Americans but they also happen to be rather middle class. So you see a lot of mixing here. What that also means is that culturally, you have places that you can go together and not being seen as weird.

There are places and clubs where if they saw a white boy hitting on the black girls, you may get yourself beat up. Fortunately, Atlanta is not such a place.
 south_city
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/8/2014 7:16:44 AM

If you are approaching them online then try a site like match.com which does have ethnicities as a selectable option.

I have made that suggestion in other threads. The ironic thing is that I got a few emails from women when my race wasn't on their list.
 averagewhitechick
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/8/2014 10:42:01 AM
"...but i get this NIGGLING thought inside my head..."

You didn't really use that word, did you??
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/8/2014 11:43:42 AM

Posted by AverageWhiteChick:
"...but i get this NIGGLING thought inside my head..."

Why not? It is a perfectly acceptable phrase in this part of the world.
We are simply discussing whether this average white guy has a chance to date an average black girl.
 roch64
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/8/2014 12:16:06 PM

Should I just approach black girls and see what happens, instead of thinking what if?

That's a good plan.

But if you'd like to go a bit further, have you considered a trip to Africa?

You're a young guy, and there are some real economic opportunities there as populations are growing very rapidly, and they require all kinds of goods and services.

From a romantic standpoint, let's just say that the reason white guys work for NGOs in Africa isn't confined to humanitarianism.
 cooldog65
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2014 8:36:37 AM

I date guys from any ethnicity, but I steer clear of guys who fetishize black women and put Black women in a different (and often grossly stereotypical) category.

Being more attracted to a particular type of woman for whatever reason is perfectly normal. I have around 30 years of interracial dating experience with black women. During that span I have dated around 50 black women. I happen to find dark skin very sexy. What's the problem with that?

I've seen the black woman/white man couple increase over the years, but many still prefer to stay within their own race. It's just the way it is.
 Ainen
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/11/2014 11:49:46 AM
You're in the UK, where black people have different behavior than black people in the USA. A lot of the dysfunction associated with "black" culture in the USA does not exist much outside the USA.

It is much more common for a black & white couple to consist of a black man with a white woman than vice versa.

Where I live (the state of Misery, where black quality of life is worse than in most 3rd world countries), there are significantly more sisters than brothers (I grew up in "the hood", attending a "ghetto" school that was over 75% black, and I identified more with my black classmates and neighbors than white ones, so it's easiest for me to say brothers and sisters. I'm sure as heck not going to say "African American", especially not to a Brit asking about ladies who may never have set foot in the Americas).

Anyway, there's a big shortage of brothers in my region. Unlike Atlanta and Chicago which have significant middle class black populations, most Misery brothers are not well off financially. The richer a brother is, the more likely he'll have a white partner. You think some white men get upset when brothers are with white women? The sisters get really upset when the white gals "steal" their men. Jill Scott ranted about the rich black men who prefer white women.

My year class in college had 50 sisters and only 22 brothers. Sisters are more likely to have degrees.

With the huge supply of sisters and the low demand, there should be opportunity for those willing to date outside their race.

I've always got along great with sisters. I treat each as an individual of course. Often we get along well as friends.

An Afro - American sociology class I took in college listed four types of blackness. Genetic blackness includes melanin content. Cultural blackness, for example black Americans have more family reunions than non - black ones. Where I rank high is spiritual blackness. That's when you see a stranger and instantly bond. Probably why I instantly get along well with many sisters.

Online, many sisters state or hint their preferences for race. Easy to skip the ones who exclude you. Recently a racial thread got deleted; on there I posted that my response rate from sisters is higher, they communicate better, are more polite, and my "do not drink" advanced search has a higher % of sisters. When they reject me, sisters tend to be more polite.

As to getting attacked by black men for "stealing" their women, my impression is they're rougher on other black men, perhaps because they don't view a white man as a threat. Too many black men fight based on "dat be my girl". No apology for my portrayal, given the correlation between violence and illiteracy. Black friends and family certainly will pressure a sister for being with a stranger. Pollywannacracka! Once they meet me, they usually accept or at least tolerate.

Contrary to popular belief, a sister who is with a white dude is not necessarily a gold digger after his money.

Funny misunderstanding at my last job. I mentioned dating a sister to a coworker. Another coworker overheard and thought we were talking about incest! He said, "Dag, I knew you guys were kinky, but..."
 rftv1020
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/11/2014 1:47:25 PM
Averagewhitechick: Niggling defined
adjective
1.petty; trivial; inconsequential:
to quibble about a niggling difference interminology.
People are people, women are women date who you find attractive. There will always be cultural differences in dating a different race or even people from a different country. Which may make the relationship more exciting and interesting. Go for it!!! Who cares if it is common or not
 ozsealady1
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/14/2014 3:16:14 AM
I will never understand all this 'race'

Surely we are all members of the 'HUMAN RACE'
 bbwcutie25
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/24/2014 11:24:22 PM
have some drinks and go for it lol what's the worst that can happen
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/25/2014 4:10:22 AM
https://www.facebook.com/BlackWomenWhoLoveWhiteMenPeriod

http://www.afroromance.com/?trkid=V1ADW126821-11446302971-k-%2Bblack%20%2Bwomen%20%2Bdating-63649741931-b-s&gclid=CjwKEAjw-o6hBRDOmsPSjqakuzYSJADR2V3SV_z95BlolPLQQ9YXgi7j5MZT_JdWW28F7GcWVLQT3RoCPvnw_wcB
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/25/2014 8:59:30 AM

My year class in college had 50 sisters and only 22 brothers. Sisters are more likely to have degrees.

With the huge supply of sisters and the low demand, there should be opportunity for those willing to date outside their race.

Wow, dude. One of the best posts I've read in the forums.
 VoxClamantis
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/25/2014 2:37:13 PM
Very common. Go for it.
 Consensuality
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/25/2014 11:35:32 PM
I've dated three black women and at some point I asked each of them out. No reason you can't do it
 Consensuality
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/26/2014 10:11:17 AM
If it's any consolation Latina girls hate me.
 Walts
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/26/2014 4:10:55 PM

What is with white men and women ? Does every race of women just lust after white men ?

Now they are even screwing our women.

I can't believe I just read that.

I really can't believe someone wrote it.

I just saw a purple guy holding hands with some chick that had a pasty yellow shade to her complexion, walking down the street with big silly grins on their faces.

How DARE THEY!!!!!!
 rftv1020
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/27/2014 1:16:55 PM
What is with white men and women ? Does every race of women just lust after white men ?

Now they are even screwing our women.

yea the myth has been broken, the truth is out.

The Black Model Comes in White!!!!!!! lmao
 overunity
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2014 2:28:43 PM
Not common enough for my liking.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/27/2014 3:20:48 PM
I don't know how common that is as I only have one black female friend. When I asked her if she would date any other race, she said "no, I never thought of doing so".
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Black girls dating white guys. How common is this?