Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Would like some input.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BSensfan
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Would like some input.Page 1 of 1    
Have had this profile for a while, and would like to re-structure it. I know I need more photos. As well as more things in my about me section. I will say I'm not the best at describing myself. Any help would be appreciated as to what to add or take out.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
Would like some input.
Posted: 9/12/2014 4:43:43 AM
Main pic is bad, it's too backlit so your face is dark. The background colour and lighting is similar to mine but how much better can you see my face? 2nd pic you look like a serial killer. You need more, high quality, well lit, pics including a full body pic.

A joke in the profession box usually means you're unemployed and trying to hide it. If this isn't the case then change it.

Headline... spoilers! I think everyone who gets the reference doesn't need it spelled out so clearly, and anyone who doesn't, well, it's lost anyway.

"Wants to date but nothing serious" is what guys looking for FWB put. If that's not you, change it.

Intent for "friends"... really? Most women here have friends already, they are looking for dates.

Not a fan of the INTP thing, why pigeon hole yourself like this? Isn't everyone an individual?
Saying you're not really doing anything is going to be an immediate turn off. Who wants to get involved with someone so apathetic?

You need to write more, interesting and exciting things about yourself. You can't just stick this up and wait for the hot chick fairy to grace your mailbox. Why would anyone write to you rather than the 10 other guys who messaged her this morning? Sorry but you need to put in a lot more effort than this else you're in for a lonely time here.

Get rid of all the mail filters. How do you think they will get you more messages?
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 3
Would like some input.
Posted: 9/12/2014 7:56:31 AM
Here are the reasons you're being passed over:
As you already noted - photos
You want to date but nothing serious. Many women are on here with the hope of eventually finding a serious relationship. There are some women who are looking for casual dating/casual sex and it just takes a little longer to find them or have them find you.
Your occupation is dragon slayer.
Your mail restrictions. Must be in the USA and must live within 75 miles. How many foreign countries are within 75 miles of Garner, North Carolina? You sound paranoid that all these foreign women who live in all these foreign countries within 75 miles of your location will be clogging up your Inbox because they too are looking for casual dating/casual sex.
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Would like some input.
Posted: 9/12/2014 8:15:08 AM
Photos.
Occupation.
Interests.
Height.

There are a lot of things that are not helping, but only you can work on the presentation. You've had some great suggestions already.

How are you supporting yourself if you're not working/studying and apparently playing video games all day? At 26, this is a major concern.

Please post back to this same thread when you've had another run at it.
 tennistown
Msg: 5
Would like some input.
Posted: 9/12/2014 10:28:23 AM

I know I need more photos

Has anyone mentioned "photos" yet?

Actually two photos could work well....
Provided they are great ones!

Your second photo is so lame
that you caption it with an excuse,
exactly why you think it's so bad!

I can't tell what is on your face?
"Eye Black" (for a sporting event.)
Your preparing for a Rain dance.
War paint.
Or, indeed crazy shadows
cast by your very fashionable eye wear.

The good news....
There is an easily solvable solution to your photographical dilemma.
Take a few new pictures,
post them up,
rotate the "Main"
every so often.
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Would like some input.
Posted: 9/12/2014 1:40:57 PM
Get rid of age restrictions 23-30. What if there is a 31 year old supermodel that wants to date you.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Would like some input.