Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > seriously now...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TortaDiManzo
Msg: 1
seriously now...Page 1 of 1    
Okay. I think I feel better now. My old thread turned into an existential question rather than a profile review so it moved to the "Off Topic" section. :P

I think I've pinpointed a lot of the problem to how my writing receives on the other end. My sense of humour can easily come off as creepy if you don't know me. Even my close friends roll their eyes on a daily basis. I need to tone it down but find another way to be funny as an introduction. My weirdness can come out later once someone understands me a little bit better. I also tend to avoid situations that make me feel vulnerable, even more so than other people do. Yes, I realise I'm not that special but crossing that line is still huge for me.

I really have to change my game plan based on how I'm sending messages and to whom these messages are going. I want to keep it short and sweet. If it can be two or three sentences, cool. It might be a little "cute" right now but it doesn't seem to be popping out.

I'll get on taking better pictures of myself - especially a headshot that's not from work. I could do a lot better if I put a little effort into it. Does anyone have any good ideas for this?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 2
seriously now...
Posted: 9/13/2014 11:05:42 AM
read the rules, one review thread per person or you risk getting them all nuked
 ScooterSB
Msg: 3
view profile
History
seriously now...
Posted: 9/13/2014 11:17:06 AM
bump up your old review
 TortaDiManzo
Msg: 4
seriously now...
Posted: 9/13/2014 11:17:09 AM
That's a good story.

Maybe someone can merge them if it's that big of a deal but technically this is my only thread in this subforum.

The other thread got moved.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > seriously now...