Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Let me have it...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MasterOfTheWind
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Let me have it...Page 1 of 1    
Hello everyone... I am looking for some feedback on my profile, as well as ways to improve it...
go ahead and give me all your most honest opinions... I can handle it... lol

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=18936765

Yes, and go ahead and criticize the pictures too...(o;'
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 2
Let me have it...
Posted: 9/14/2014 12:10:35 AM
Hi and welcome the profile forums.
First off, some of your photos violate POF rules, so you may want to read those again(you did read them, didn't you?)
Second, your party boat photo will discourage most American women from wanting to contact you, so that should go too. Some of your pics look old, like you were still a teenager.
Third, delete this: "I'm not looking for a piece of ass, that's way too easy to come by around here lol". I don't speak Russian but have dated those women a lot, and I know that man/woman thing. American women will not tolerate what goes on in Russia, that's why there are so many fine Russian women in California :) Anyway, just skip those words, keep your dating profile on the positive.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Let me have it...
Posted: 9/14/2014 2:17:20 AM

First of all... Do I think I'm going to meet the girl of my dreams on a dating site? NO.

WOW what an awful, and off putting way to start. Why can't you meet your dream girl on a dating site? What is a female reader going to think when she reads this "OK so I can't be his dream girl then, so what am I? Someone who's just filling a gap till he falls in love with someone else?"

I'm Russian, pretty laid back, down to earth person.

I don't know why every guy on POF thinks being laid back is something to boast about. Women don't want laid back they want PASSION, ADVENTURE, ROMANCE and EXCITEMENT.

So if you are or have ever been attracted to losers, drug dealers, or guys who wear FUBU please don't message me.

Very negative, remove this. If you tell some women not to message you, chances are, none of them will message you.

I'm not looking for a piece of ass, thats way too easy to come by around here lol.

Then why mention it? Why mention what you are not looking for?
 irishgirl772
Msg: 4
Let me have it...
Posted: 9/14/2014 4:40:40 AM
^^ I agree, that 1st line is awful. Any woman would be turned off right away and not read andy further. The tone of your profile is negative. Why be here at all?
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 5
Let me have it...
Posted: 9/14/2014 4:43:19 AM
I put on my profile that I will not find my soul mate here, as PoF insists I will, simply because I don't believe in them. There may be fated relationships; I experienced one which brought about a life experience -- a life changing, positive experience -- that I'll never forget. Relations are work, and lest you put the time and effort in them, you'll continue to meet people who are as effortless in maintaining (and efforts in the destruction of) their relationships as are you.

Your "About Me" section is written in a way that it doesn't reflect a person with a professional mind-set (nor does it reflect the mind and heart of a person who is on a dating site and looking for a relationship). It's greatly immature, indeed -- the very characteristic which you say you're not exemplifying. Don't bash women's choices (that don't match yours) in your profile; talk about the kind of woman you seek and the interests that you wish to share with her, etc.

Get rid of the group booze photo and the shirtless photo; incorporate more photos of yourself that don't violate the terms of service of this site.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 6
Let me have it...
Posted: 9/14/2014 5:23:06 AM
LOL Beautiful women as your interest! Well that didn't cost you 90% of your viewing audience. You're right - you aren't going to meet too many super models on POF, they are taken .
I agree with everyone else and it does read like someone much younger wrote it
 MasterOfTheWind
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Let me have it...
Posted: 9/14/2014 7:05:25 AM
Thank you for all the reviews and comments,
I cleaned it up a bit and removed some of the pictures.
I hope it looks better now, any other tips or critique is welcome...
 Forums_only
Msg: 8
Let me have it...
Posted: 9/14/2014 8:20:11 AM
I didn't read the original.

The main photo is nice - a few more casual smiling head shots would be good.

You have 'Models' as an Interests. Do you mean women who model? or model cars? One is appropriate as an Interest on a dating profile, the other is appropriate if you are hoping to find a lesbian that you have something in common with. Your call.

The profile body is pretty generic - you work, eat, go out/stay in. Other than the walking joke, it was pretty dull. Why not add a bit of elaboration on (for examples) something you love about your work? your favourite food you like to eat? something adventurous you'd love to do?

You're almost 30. Are you open to dating a woman close to your age who may already have a child(ren) at home? If not, don't mention it.

Do you find you are swamped with incoming messages from the wrong women? Just wondering why you feel you'd need email filters.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 9
Let me have it...
Posted: 9/14/2014 9:13:02 AM
Not many women your age looking for an immature guy
You say " not to brag" but it does sound like you think going to the gym and eating are idk, prize worthy
You have spelling mistakes
Lots of people search on interests - good idea to have couple friendly ones
 tennistown
Msg: 10
Let me have it...
Posted: 9/15/2014 8:32:34 AM
I cleaned it up a bit and removed some of the pictures.

MasteroftheWind,

After reading your username
I was half expecting
to see pictures of you either sailing,
or eating "Pork and Beans" straight from the can.

You have apparently made significant changes to your profile, for the better.

Now it's time for you to concentrate on your first date plans.

First Date
When its time for that, I'll let you know.

Your first date stinks!
I suggest you change that.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Let me have it...