Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Tips welcomed!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Tips welcomed!!Page 1 of 1    
Don't say you're a typical guy. Women don't come on here for a typical guy. They want someone unique.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Tips welcomed!!
Posted: 9/14/2014 2:07:58 AM
Firstly there is nothing wrong with being nice, women do like a nice guy. However they also want to be swept off their feet by a prince charming. Nice is fine but also show PASSION and ROMANCE in your profile.

Pics: All apart from the red tshirt one are bad and need to go. You have to remember this is a dating site, not facebook where you sling up any old photo from your life. The one and only thing viewers are interested in is YOU! All photos should be of you, and only you, no one cares about what your friends look like, they are checking you out. In general (I know there are exceptions) women don't like guns, so with your main as you firing a gun you basically come across as a 'gun-nut'.

Text:

Pretty typical guy

In general women don't want typical. They want to be with someone special who can make them feel special. What makes you special and unique, why should a girl date you over every other guy on this site?

I'm certainly not a guy for every gal out there.

Basically telling girls not to message you here, cut this line out.

I'm more geared toward the wholesome/old fashion kind who share similar beliefs and integrity that I aspire towards.

It isn't massively clear what your beliefs are so it's like saying "I'll only date someone who believes the same things I do, but I'm not going to tell you what I believe." Women are not mind readers.

I'm a pretty open book, anything else you're curious about feel free ask.

There should be no need for this as anything they might ask about should be covered in your profile
 ozsealady1
Msg: 5
Tips welcomed!!
Posted: 9/14/2014 3:24:06 AM
Sorry I disagree with you about your pictures.

Please ONLY have photos of you..
With a smile.

Not a selfie... ask a friend to take some pictures and choose the best.

Be positive... remove all negativity.

Write about what makes you YOU!!!!
 irishgirl772
Msg: 6
Tips welcomed!!
Posted: 9/14/2014 4:34:03 AM
^^^ +1 Gun photos are generally a no-no on a dating profile.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 7
Tips welcomed!!
Posted: 9/14/2014 4:48:03 AM
I'm not going to open your profile with that whatever it is you're displaying on that main profile photo.
 Forums_only
Msg: 9
Tips welcomed!!
Posted: 9/14/2014 8:43:58 AM
So many young women on this and similar sites get messages from couples looking for threesomes that as soon as a message comes in with what appears to be a "couple" the message will automatically be deleted. We don't really care if she's your Pastor's neice who is married and has 12 kids or whatever, the message will not be opened for anyone to find out. Do you really want to blow your chances at a first impression with something so easily fixable? Crop that picture to just your fabulous smile.

The Interests field is a mess. Shorten up the words that appear in black. If you see the ones in blue, this means there are other users that have the same Interests. You can click on them and find a list of people with those items in THEIR Interests field. How about adding "Expresso"? or "Faith"? or other clues for your viewer to help her want to read more about you.

Not really sure where you're going with the old-fashioned values thing. Do you want a virgin? Are YOU a virgin? Not really anyone's business, but it could create enough confusion on your intent that someone who doesn't meet your requirements won't respond. Maybe you're thinking once you're married she can stay home and pop out some babies while you support her indefinitely??? Either way, this may be something more suited for a later conversation if you feel there is a potential in the person you meet. Or - if I'm way off, you can clarify what you're talking about in your profile.

I agree you should keep the gun photos in your profile so there are no surprises. Those women that hate guns can avoid you, and those that are into it will appreciate it. Simple.
 tennistown
Msg: 10
Tips welcomed!!
Posted: 9/16/2014 8:57:28 AM

i live in the south. Guns must be a big deal depending on the area your from.

In your "Main" photo, with you and the large caliber handgun....
The "gun" stance looks unsafe.

Your elbows are not locked.
No eye and ear protection.
And, your finger is on the trigger!

Look, you have "innocents" standing behind you,
to both sides, and even in front of your muzzle?

That photo will turn off the women that hate guns.
As well as the women
that do appreciate
proper firearm safety.

I suggest removing that ill-fated photograph.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Tips welcomed!!
Posted: 9/16/2014 12:18:24 PM
Regardless of the gun, the point of the main is to give the viewer a quick look at you, to entice them into clicking onto your profile.

Currently the old guys face, and the guy stood behind you, are more visible and than you are, no one can get a sense of what you look like from it.

How is a woman supposed to think "oh, he's cute I wonder what he has to say about himself."?

You need a clear, well lit, nice, smiling headshot of you and only you for your main.

If you must keep the gun pic, keep it as one of your other pictures inside your profile
 Ouija2025
Msg: 12
Tips welcomed!!
Posted: 9/16/2014 2:29:51 PM
Why are you featuring a $2000 gun.. is it yours?
I agree the gun and the old man are in far clearer focus than you
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 13
Tips welcomed!!
Posted: 9/17/2014 9:00:38 AM
Look at the main pics of the reviewers on this thread. How well can you see their faces?

Can you see your face, in your main pic?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Tips welcomed!!