Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > help please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 guardian1984
Msg: 1
help pleasePage 1 of 1    
can you please review my profile and tell me what I need to add or change? I've had some views but not a lot of responses.'........................................................................................................................................................................................................
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
help please
Posted: 9/15/2014 7:46:37 PM
Get new pics. Car selfies and a Walmart selfie aren't going to work.

Rewrite the whole profile. It is nothing but clich├ęs.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
help please
Posted: 9/15/2014 7:58:15 PM
Guardian1984...welcome to the Profile Reviews forum.
You will certainly wish a more comprehensive selection of photographs.

Have a friend take two dozen well-lit, OUTDOOR, crisp photographs using a high-quality digital camera...which is preferred over a fuzzy cellphone. This is primarily due to better (and steadier) ergonomics plus superior capability of a camera to process available light. Include a variety of backgrounds, activities, and various articles of clothing to add greater interest. Upload the best images of the bunch. Ensure you continue to date and caption each...to make them entertaining to read. Good luck with your romantic search. :-)
 ozsealady1
Msg: 4
help please
Posted: 9/16/2014 12:03:35 AM
Hi Guardian.

I agree with the others.

Get some new photos taken.
Good posture is vital.

Try a full body shot in your security uniform with a big friendly smile.
Keep your chin out. If you tuck your chin in.... it creates multiple chins.

We ladies like to look in your eyes and see your smile.
I think you may benefit from wearing a solid dark coloured shirt and trousers and/ or a suit.
You may also look great in bright colours.

Good luck.
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
help please
Posted: 9/16/2014 6:37:25 AM
You've had lots of great advice about the photos. The profile body also needs more personality. I'm going to add some details for you to see how it would look with a bit more imagination. And paragraphs:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a native Floridian. A family oriented guy, I treat women with a lot of respect and am a good listener.

Movies are my great escape - I love horror, action and comedy movies. Couldn't help but love Expendables 3! I am also a microwave master, but willing to learn how to navigate the rest of the kitchen.

I love animals and look forward to getting maybe a dog. It would be great if you have a pet. They offer so many comedy moments and opportunities to get out and walk around the neighbourhood.

Honesty and loyalty are very important to me and I always try to give 100%. I like conversations that make it seem like no time has passed, and just spending time with my significant other.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a VERY brief version, but can you see the difference use a few more descriptive details? Please feel free to use/edit/ignore this as you see fit.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 6
help please
Posted: 9/16/2014 7:05:57 AM
You appear larger than a " few pounds" - you need at least one full body shot.
You have spelling mistakes
I found taking care of your partner when they are sick, well, pretty creepy. I mean why did you include that?
I did like the microwave Master line .
More interests would be good
jmo good luck
 tennistown
Msg: 7
help please
Posted: 9/16/2014 7:59:51 AM
.... tell me what I need to add or change?

I feel relationships should be 100/100.

Feelings are good to write about.
Yes, guys have feelings too.
(Often buried under our armor plating.)

The 100/100 thing seems to elude me though.
If you devour a hundred jelly beans,
she should eat a hundred also?
 ScooterSB
Msg: 8
view profile
History
help please
Posted: 9/16/2014 9:13:01 AM
I can only agree with others, new photos, clear bright, well lit, smile, dress to impress, not selfies.

There are a number of grammar errors in your profile, people notice these things. If you struggle in that area we can help clean it up for you.

I feel relationships should be 100/100.

I honestly have no idea what this means.

Here are some questions that are useful to answer in a profile:
What are you passionate about? (Women love a man with PASSION and fire in his belly)
What makes you special and unique?
What's the most exciting thing in your life right now?
Why should a woman date you over every other guy on this site?
What attributes do you find attractive in a woman?
What is it like to date you?
What does romance mean to you?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > help please