Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What message ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MoparJF
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What message ?Page 1 of 1    
Just wondering what kind of message girls prefer as an opening message ? I know "Hello" and "Hi" don't go down too well but then I thought some kind of cheesy chat up line would be ignored too ? Thanks
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 2
What message ?
Posted: 9/18/2014 12:57:38 PM
This question has been asked a million billion trillion and one times.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
What message ?
Posted: 9/18/2014 1:19:32 PM
You will definitely wish to use the SEARCH feature on this Forum.
There are thousands of threads by looking with terms like "First Message" or similar.
Happy reading. It would take you months to read all the content about this topic.
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What message ?
Posted: 9/18/2014 2:57:25 PM
Use this as a message:

Hello (name), I hope you're enjoying your (day of the week). Then find something on her profile to ask question on such as profession, interests, etc.

You may want to go get a profile review.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 5
What message ?
Posted: 9/18/2014 8:59:02 PM

Just wondering what kind of message girls prefer as an opening message ?

The Top 3:

"I would like to take you shoe shopping. My treat."
"I would like to take you for a ride on my Harley." (I see a lot more women claiming to enjoy Harley rides than women who claim they don't)
"I would like to take you for a ride in my Ferrari."
 gcdeb
Msg: 6
What message ?
Posted: 9/18/2014 11:25:42 PM
Just attach a shirtless pic and you'll get tons of messages
Do NOT do this. It is against site rules.

You may want to go get a profile review
This is good advice. Head over to the Profile Review Forum.
 MoparJF
Msg: 7
view profile
History
What message ?
Posted: 9/19/2014 4:01:40 AM
Haha, ok thanks for the advice, I don't have a Ferrari but I have 2 Mustangs but I'm not the sort of person to start bragging in a description anyway

Thanks again
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 8
What message ?
Posted: 9/19/2014 4:48:03 AM
The message is irrelevant if the profile is bad.
And yours is pretty bad.
I suggest a visit to the profile reviews forum.
 rftv1020
Msg: 9
What message ?
Posted: 9/19/2014 5:37:42 AM
"I would like to take you for a ride on my Harley." (I see a lot more women claiming to enjoy Harley rides than women who claim they don't)

NO NO NO, One seat and one seat only on your chopper. It says I am single, I like being single, I ride my bike alone or with my buddies. If you have a nice bike, take a woman for a ride and get in a relationship. The next thing you know, the chopper has been traded for some big touring bike with fat padded seats and saddle bags for her purse and makeup. Which is the equivalent of trading your Vette for a Mini Van. Don't put it on your profile. If she comes to your house, hide the bike in the garage and cover it with camouflage netting.
 MoparJF
Msg: 10
view profile
History
What message ?
Posted: 9/19/2014 7:03:58 AM
Ok thanks for the advice, what's bad about my profile ?

To be honest I'm not sure what to write, in person I talk all day long about anything but I struggle with things where I have to write about myself etc
 Tatsuchan18
Msg: 11
What message ?
Posted: 9/19/2014 10:11:48 AM
(Greeting) (Name),

(Mention hobby/interest that you read in their profile). (Express informed positive opinion of their hobby/interest). (Segue into an interesting fact about yourself that might be related to their hobby/interest). (Possibly include other comments/opinions of things you noticed in their profile). (Express interest in getting to know them in the future.)

(Well Wishes),

(Your Name)
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 12
view profile
History
What message ?
Posted: 9/19/2014 12:31:10 PM
^^ extremely bad.

op, include a dog picture. chicks love dogs. extra points if he's shirtless. if the dog is holding up a fish he just caught, even better.
 rftv1020
Msg: 13
What message ?
Posted: 9/19/2014 12:35:14 PM
If you put a baseball cap on both do you double your chances? Maybe matching sweaters,
 ScooterSB
Msg: 14
view profile
History
What message ?
Posted: 9/19/2014 1:31:01 PM
Introduce yourself, ask some nice questions from reading her profile. Mention shared interests, close with something that super easy to respond to.

Hey there I'm *your name*, really enjoyed reading your profile. Wow, I see your into *hobby or interest* that's really cool, how long have you been doing that? I also really like *other interest*, it's so much fun when I *explain why you like it*. So do you have any big, fun and exciting plans for this weekend?

DO NOT mention how cute/hot/sexy/beautiful she looks, in a first message mentioning looks comes across as creepy.

Best of luck
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 15
What message ?
Posted: 9/19/2014 5:19:38 PM
Offer to take her shopping for brassieres and ask her what her cup size is.
 gtomustang
Msg: 16
What message ?
Posted: 9/19/2014 6:07:32 PM
A Mopar guy with 2 Mustangs? Taking a lesson on how cars work? (jk, Mopars had great engineering).

personally, I'd like, "I know Hi and Hello as a first line don't go down to well...but I sure do." to go along with the d1ckic. Put some Christmas tinsel on and paint the tip red with food coloring like a Santa hat, we're approaching the holiday.

seriously, read her profile, make certain you're a good match and not just shooting for the moon, and comment on something in her profile, so it looks like you care about her personality, not the great "cleavage shot on the bed" picture. Make it personal, and you'll have a better chance. or get shot down anyway.
 rftv1020
Msg: 17
What message ?
Posted: 9/20/2014 5:14:43 PM
Offer to take her shopping for brassieres and ask her what her cup size is.

"By the cup full, Ain't we got fun. By the "C" cup ain't we got fun. By the "D" cup ain't we got fun.

Then you break up:

Mammories oh oh Mammories of the way they were.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What message ?