Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > why don't girls on here talk?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oldcarsneverdie
Msg: 1
why don't girls on here talk?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I was on this site 3 times over the years and i can't ever get one girl to talk, I don't understand why they don't talk on here this is a site where you are supposed to TALK to people. I sent 104 messages over the course of 2 days one time and still I got nothing.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 2
why don't girls on here talk?
Posted: 9/21/2014 7:36:16 PM
I do not find that hard to believe at all OP, zero effort usually amounts to zero results.

You need to start from scratch, read the profile tips at the top of the page in green, then post back to THIS thread and someone will help you tweak it.

OFMM
 gcdeb
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/21/2014 7:43:25 PM
Your headline is a downer and your actual profile is as good as non-existent.

Did you think your good looks were going to attract the women? It doesn't work like that.

EFFORT is required. Read the Profile Writing Tips thread, as suggested. Read 5 other profile review threads. Write a proper profile and then come back here for more advice.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/21/2014 8:05:27 PM
oldcarsneverdie...welcome to the Profile Reviews forum.
Your profile is extremely sparse and a woman needs some "content" if she was inclined to write you a note.
One does not just "order" a girlfriend or a boyfriend on this website. One has to extend modest effort.

It is essential that proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization are embraced.
You will wish to compose your POF profile in MS Word to catch some of the simple mistakes.

Have a friend take two dozen well-lit, OUTDOOR, crisp photographs using a high-quality digital camera...which is preferred over a fuzzy cellphone. This is primarily due to better (and steadier) ergonomics plus superior capability of a camera to process available light. Include a variety of backgrounds, activities, and various articles of clothing to add greater interest. Upload the best images of the bunch. Ensure you continue to date and caption each...to make them entertaining to read. Good luck with your romantic search. :-)
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/21/2014 10:26:56 PM
No serious intent = casual sex.
"Ask" = unemployed.
Snotty headline = "I'm a multiple loser and no one will talk to me"
Lazy ass profile because you think you'll run out of things to talk about? Wow. How boring ARE you that you can't fill in 3 little paragraphs?

Sorry for the harshness, but if you thought this was some kind of drive-through babe-a-palooza, you were sadly mistaken.

Nobody is obligated to respond to your messages, especially if there is nothing to talk about. If you want instant results, you're going to need a credit card for the $3.99 a minute charges.

Or - make a freakin' effort.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/22/2014 2:43:14 AM
They do talk, they just don't talk to you, because your profile is terrible.

Start over. Put in a little effort.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/22/2014 4:32:08 AM
Really, dude? Your profile is atrocious. At least you posted this, in the proper forum!

Where do I begin? The fact that you want booty calls (casual dating/no commitment, the new I.E.) is enough to deter anybody from having a worthwhile conversation with you, and justifiably so.

The rest...

...is so...

...blah
 Ouija2025
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/22/2014 5:54:13 AM
104 messages in two days?
You have spelling mistakes
I guess nice girls have taken an oath of silence.. or
there is nothing to talk about regarding your profile.
Everyone has time for some BS :/
 oldcarsneverdie
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/22/2014 2:58:44 PM
I just have to make a comment on the women don't care about cars or guns, I have those pics up because that's what I do :) what else should I put up? stuff I don't like?. I agree that my profile is negative and I come across as annoyed because I am very annoyed with the girls on here, I never seen so many stuck up people and I deal with people a lot. thanks for the feedback.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/22/2014 3:19:35 PM
Online dating has potential for lots of rejection for both men and women alike.
You will likely wish to get a handle on the "mild annoyance" being felt prior to continuing.

Regardless of what you ultimately decide to do...you will have to address your photo selection.
That is the easy part, so it is something you can improve until you decide what you wish to do about dating.
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2014 3:21:51 PM
Rewrite whole profile. It's too lazy and too negative. Headline is negative. Add some women friendly interests. Add some humor so the ladies will get a chuckle or smile.

Get better pics. These are no good. Are both of those cars yours?

104 messages in 2 days is unheard of. The ladies aren't going to respond to copy/paste messages and a lousy profile.

A small percentage of the people are on here for the wrong reasons but the vast majority are decent and looking to meet someone.
 oldcarsneverdie
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/22/2014 5:07:25 PM
yes those cars are mine, I did send 104 messages out in 2 days I was on vacation and I had all the time to do so, and the messages were not copy and paste, I know better then that :) most of the messages were different they were regarding something on the girls profile. What do you mean women friendly interest???
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2014 5:54:18 PM
Women friendly interests as in interests that appeal to both genders. Target shooting, classic cars, car shows - those are all dude activities, not too many women are into those things.

Another turn off for the ladies is going to be the picture of the Monte Carlo with the license plate that says "bone".
 Forums_only
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/22/2014 5:58:54 PM
So you've made a couple of minor changes already, good. Keep going.

"Female friendly" Interests would be things that women can picture doing with you, or enjoying with you. There are some that may enjoy classic cars (I do) or guns (I do) but those in your age range are hard to find online. What about instead of putting "Music", you mention a couple of your favourite music artists or a group/singer? You have also noted "Hiking" as an Interest. Even misspelled, it matches with someone else because it appears in blue, so you know there's at least one other person who has misspelled the same Interest. In my area, there are specific parks, mountains and trails I enjoy wandering through. Could you mention instead of "Hiking" or even in addition to hiking, a favourite location? If someone has also been there, it will create a mental image and there will be an automatic commonality.

When you go hiking, do you take your camera? "Photography" could be something you might note. Are you interested in things like wine-tasting tours? craft beers? Chocolate? Imagination is helpful here.
 tennistown
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/23/2014 8:25:55 AM
I agree that my profile is negative and I come across as annoyed

You are just a few keystrokes away
from having a much better profile.

Personality Class Clown

You might be
the funniest guy
on the internet,
but women your age
aren't looking to date a "clown."

Gee, Helen tell me about the guy you met on PoF?
"He's a real clown, er... a class clown."
You don't want that, do you?

So, change your personality to anything else!
Avoid, Princess and Diva also.

About Me
I am hopeing to meet......

I am hoping to meet......

Beginning with a misspelling is a big no no.
Rabbits are hopping, guys are hoping.

I don't have time for games or drama and bullshit.

^^^^^^ This sentence would look
out of place on any top shelf profile, remove it.

These three changes
would take you five minutes to do.
OK maybe six. Good luck.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/23/2014 11:06:05 AM

I never seen so many stuck up people

How do you know they are stuck up if they never reply to you?
Oh wait, just because they don't like your profile, means they are stuck up?
LOL.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/23/2014 1:03:08 PM
Stuck up and silent.
Some women like old cars and guns. But that is best kept for your FB.. most women I know dislike firearms.
Are you looking for a date or a guy buddy?
Serious q, nothing much appealing to women re dating..
 oldcarsneverdie
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/24/2014 5:46:36 PM
the license plate says ''bad to the bone'' its a song :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/24/2014 6:18:49 PM
Huh?
You hardly appear bad to the bone
But you are not Listening to us
so You keep nailing your head to the coffee table
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/24/2014 6:32:23 PM
There have been some modest improvements to the profile. More change is needed.
Instead of random pictures of cars, how about pictures of YOU with the cars?
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/25/2014 3:50:50 AM
It still seems like you seek a "Bromance."

A photo wearing a gun?

Sexy …

Profession: ask

"Any questions just ask =)"

Hmmm …

Let me guess -
No one has asked you anything.

I guess they just aren't interested.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/25/2014 4:01:35 AM
Women dont need to talk, they get the messages and can quickly burn you... which I guess happened 104 times in the course of 2 days.

Your first bet is they aren't attracted to you by either profile or picture. Second bet is if you got passed that, then your message sucked. Law of averages says your messages sucked as hard as anything else.
 dichoTommy
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2014 5:11:25 AM
The goal is to meet someone interested in you.

To that end you need to make your profile speak for you.

If you do that, you won't have to send out messages, since they'll be all into contacting you - and if you do send message, you'll be more likely to get a response.

Demonstrate who you are. Someone who doesn't know me at all will get a very solid read on me by perusing my profile. If they don't like it? They aren't for me.

What you don't want is to put something that gives the wrong feeling up - when it comes down to it, put yourself out there, and someone into someone like you will find you (horribly worded sentence - for which I apologize - but valid all the same).
 oldcarsneverdie
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/25/2014 1:37:41 PM
I will take your advice with the pic of me with the car. thanks for the feedback
 oldcarsneverdie
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/25/2014 1:48:02 PM
I actually put a little effort in my messages, I introduce myself and I made some comment about something on there profile and I asked a question and they just don't write back, if a girl wrote to me and I was not interested I would write back and tell her that. Its not hard to answer a question. I sent some messages to profiles with hardly anything on them the less on the girls profile the better it gives me more questions to ask them.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > why don't girls on here talk?