Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Need Advice      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Staygold-92
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Need AdvicePage 1 of 1    
Hello,

I over picked an acne on my face (above my left cheek) on Thursday and the day after it was so noticeable and inflammed that I skipped school on Friday.

The following weekend, I stayed at home and took care of the scab by keeping it moist.

I was hoping it would heal enough that it would still be noticeable, but not pinkish like it is now.

Needless to say on Monday morning (today) it did not heal to the point that was to my satisfaction.

I feel like crap, and so regretful because I skipped school for this and I got a huge test tomorrow and I need to be there, but I just feel like I can't pull myself together to build up the courage to go.

It's hard to talk about this with family and friends so I figure the anonymity of the internet is a good idea.

Any advice for someone in my situation?

Thanks!
 Consensuality
Msg: 2
Need Advice
Posted: 9/29/2014 12:23:33 PM
Invest in some flesh colored band aids
 laika100
Msg: 3
Need Advice
Posted: 9/29/2014 12:23:33 PM
Yeah. Put that neutrogena 8 hour thingie, overnight. It's not white , kinda like a gel so it fuses well with the skin. Really works fast. And then in the morning, wash your face and put concealer on.
 Walts
Msg: 4
Need Advice
Posted: 9/29/2014 4:52:43 PM

Well, if your "looks" are keeping you from going out in public, do what I do, don't look in the mirror in the morning. There are mornings that I end up going to grocery store looking like, well, someone that doesn't care what he looks like. And get this, sometimes I wear my crocs out in public too!!! I got a pair of bright yellow ones that get all kinds of people turning their heads. I'm sure they've never seen anything like them before,,,,, or after.
 rftv1020
Msg: 5
Need Advice
Posted: 9/29/2014 5:46:21 PM
Stop masturbating so much. Choking the Chicken causes Zits.

Never wear Crocs in public. LOL
 professora
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Need Advice
Posted: 10/13/2014 3:55:11 PM
look up Clinical Formula in California. go to the actual site (not one that sells their products).

They have an amazing product. they will talk to you. the 8oz container will last a year or two.

I have used this for over 30 years. Developed by an dr when he got out of med school. better than pro---act...v.

call them. I don't sell it or have any interest except that its amazing.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 7
Need Advice
Posted: 10/13/2014 8:42:35 PM

I over picked an acne on my face

more often than not, picking at your pimples will only make things worse.

but I just feel like I can't pull myself together to build up the courage to go.

quit being too self conscious
on a big test day, do you really think most pple are gonna give a shit about a pimple on your face?

I have to agree with poster #6
If you "beat-off" too much then it causes high spikes of testosterone
which promotes oil production in the skin that can make acne worse.
Acne can also be made worse by eating citrus fruits.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 8
Need Advice
Posted: 10/13/2014 8:55:35 PM
Visit your dermatologist if there is infection.
You don't wish to have scars on your face.
 Dee4166
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Need Advice
Posted: 10/14/2014 3:06:36 AM
@rftv....& Walt....

Don't dis the Crocs,man...I wear mine all the time...Does that mean I've "given up"????? LOL

That WOULD explain a LOT!!!

As for the acne, it can be awful for those suffering with it, try straight alcohol to dry it out and then a moisturizer to stop it from producing oil, make sure the moisturizer has aloe in it...
But as for your test, I think like someone else said,nobody is going to be interested in what you look like when there;s a test....
 Worbug
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Need Advice
Posted: 10/15/2014 2:47:14 PM
You list your personality as "Free Thinker" on your profile, yet you are in prison over acne. Your profile says you are 22 which means you are in college (or really really dumb LOL), which means you are paying dearly for that education. If I was paying that much for an education, I would be there witha Third eyeball and two heads if need be. LOL

Sound like you need a Pyschologist not a Dermatologist (Just kidding, Seriously) LOL

When I first read the thread, I though it teenaged girl (No offense meant). This is not an issue commonly heard from young mean to this extent. A .10 cent band aid is you solution!!

I am predicting a very difficult future for you if you cannot negotiate the minute things life throws at capacity over acne. I hate to see what happens when a REAL crisis falls upon you.

If this is a Troll thread, get a life

If not a Troll, learn about things that matter in life, a it is definitely not acne.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Need Advice