Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Feinthearted's Profile Review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 feinthearted
Msg: 1
Feinthearted's Profile ReviewPage 1 of 1    
I've been struggling getting replies. I finally discovered the wonderful stickies and this forum.
I've read through the advice and tips and corrected my profile to the best of my ability.

I realize that I probably need to work on the pictures. I'm not big on pictures and these were the only flattering ones I could find. I suppose I will have to make a day of it.

Without further ado:
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=32234254

Thanks!
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Feinthearted's Profile Review
Posted: 9/29/2014 8:00:15 PM
Do not mention cuddling. Whenever the ladies see cuddling on a profile, they don't see the guy as sensitive or romantic - they see the guy as creepy.
 feinthearted
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/29/2014 8:01:47 PM
Good call! Fixed. Thanks!
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/29/2014 8:02:44 PM
Your niece is WAY too young to date. At minimum, get her a separate profile so you don't have to share.

Generic Interests should be replaced with one or two-word specific examples. Same with the profile body - specifics/description are needed.
 BeachBikeHike
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/29/2014 8:03:11 PM
Agree with the above ^^^ comment: don't talk about cuddling.

Also, don't use pic of yourself holding a BABY in your main pic. No!
 feinthearted
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/29/2014 8:06:28 PM
I had reservations about the baby picture. Should I remove it completely?

I'll try to work on the interests!
 CTRLvector
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/29/2014 8:09:01 PM
Do you think its a good idea to have any picture with a kid? Let alone your default picture be with a kid? If you don't actually have kids?

That's called giving yourself a handicap. And I am all for that sort of thing, makes you a stronger person in the end. But I don't think anyone in their right mind would apply it to dating. No matter how successful they were or weren't.

Now imagine you had a kid, imagine how horrible that would make your dating life, now imagine someone wanting to join that horrible dating scene.

See the connection now?

##EDIT##

Also you seem overly friendly? Like a super nice guy who likes to fix things, help people with puzzles, and play video games. Could use a little more, testosterone I guess.

And I don't know if you qualify as athletic, but I guess there are different ways to be athletic. Its a hard point to sell when you don't mention any participation in athleticism or fitness. And you know because most people have eyes.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/29/2014 8:09:17 PM
Remove any mention of cuddling in the dating profile immediately!
That is not something one would discuss with new acquaintances at a dinner party...same rule applies here.
Good luck with your romantic search.
 feinthearted
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/29/2014 8:14:15 PM
Okay, fixed the 'cuddling' bit. I suppose it could seem weird.

Also, removed the baby picture. I thought maybe women would see how good I am with kids and swoon! :P (j/k)
 Forums_only
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/29/2014 8:25:29 PM
Good call on removing the baby pic. Why not add a line in your profile to offset the tech-talk and make you sound more humanoid, along the lines of "Although I have no children of my own, my 1 yr old niece thinks I'm hilarious and that works for me for now!" This implies a sense of humour and that children like you and that you may be considering children at some future date.
 tennistown
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/30/2014 8:57:22 AM

I've been struggling getting replies.

You end the "First Date" section with some negative vibrations.
That is the last thing they read,
before deciding
to reply back to you
or
hit the block button.

First Date
Ideally a first date would be mildly active and full of conversation. A nice walk, going to a museum, or perusing a flea market come to mind. I wouldn't want to go to a movie or on a date that lacks conversation.

No need to bring up "a date that lacks conversation".
Or even mentioning a date, that you wouldn't want.

Personally, I wouldn't want to siphon
a couple gallons of gasoline
out of my date's car
late at night.

So, I don't write about that in my profile.

Your profile would be enhanced by removing that last sentence.
 hemingway114
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/30/2014 1:54:04 PM
At this point, the most important thing you need is a teeth-showing smile pic - there is nothing women like more at first glance.
 feinthearted
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/2/2014 4:22:34 PM
Removed that negative sentence. I also finally took a picture where I'm smiling with my teeth.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I feel like they have all been very helpful!

Maybe now I will get more than one response every 6 months! Haha
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/2/2014 5:03:32 PM
Excellent changes you've made are a vast improvement over the original profile. Bravo!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Feinthearted's Profile Review