Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Honest feedback please! Is it too much, not enough or just right?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EricusMaximus
Msg: 1
Honest feedback please! Is it too much, not enough or just right?Page 1 of 1    
Hey all,

I'd like some honest feedback from you ladies about my profile.
I didn't really take it too seriously and just tried to keep it light.
The majority of my messages have gotten replies so far,
I just wanna make sure I'm sending the right impression with my page.

Thanks! :)

E
 CTRLvector
Msg: 2
Honest feedback please! Is it too much, not enough or just right?
Posted: 9/30/2014 11:06:40 PM
The majority of your messages have gotten replies?... interesting.

And you just want to make sure you're sending the right impression? ... ok.

That question would be valid if we knew what message you are attempting to send. And if it is a message about yourself, uh, we don't know you guy.

Or its a lie you created deliberately to cover up the fact that you aren't getting message.... because you aren't getting messages. So you figured its less humiliating to ask strangers if you are sending the "right" impression?

Interesting, lets continue...

You have bullet points describing yourself, and two meaty paragraphs describing who your potential date should be. Do you see a problem with that? Because you should, ill give you a hint. If you look at the title of the box, it says "about me."

Self deprecating humor only, don't call your potential date a potential mass murderer. Its not cute, or funny, its stupid. Then you follow up with "I have a plan, ill take care of the date." That actually makes you look like a potential murderer. Explain the date or don't, but don't give a vague and creepy description of a shady place and end it with "ill take care of it."

I don't know, I think the whole thing reeks of cheese. The humor falls flat, you appear to be arrogant (demanding) without justification a lot of the time, and your math is wrong - you're at 120% which makes you look retarded.

You think women want to hear that you're going to potentially discriminate their messages? Because grammar Nazi is an attractive quality right? Really bad, the whole thing needs an overhaul, STAT...
 Consensuality
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/30/2014 11:30:04 PM
You have a strong profile that projects confidence and clearly defines many of your interests. I can see how some sensitive souls might peg you for a doosh bag because of your brassy tone. But I don't think you're interested in them and plenty of other people are so who cares?

I wouldn't change anything other than the golf photo which is awkward and if you have a photo of you piloting that isn't overexposed use that. Maybe drop the extra photo of your playing guitar and looking away and substitute a photo of you with a couple friends to prove that you do in fact have friends. Otherwise good job.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/1/2014 5:13:07 AM
How many people do you need to impress? You're getting replies, those replies are turning into dates (I'm assuming). If you're aiming for a 100% return rate, that's never going to happen. But if you're getting dates with women you find interesting, then your profile has done its job.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/1/2014 6:04:43 AM
Ah, hate gangsta talk... well Homey lots of the profile cribbed from the Net.
I see you do like the Ninja headband tho
I don't get it, hugely successful here yet you want some strangers opinions of your profile - dafuq.
Main is ok but most women dislike wife beaters.. altho it does work in the whole band thing.
I'd lose the one where it looks like you are at toys backwards us and the last one of you on the beach.
I thought the word awesome had died a quiet death. Hoped
Where you plan to take her on the first date aka meet?
Who do you play with? Oh, you'd love to date my stylist - seriously.
 tennistown
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/1/2014 10:01:38 AM

I'd like some honest feedback from you ladies about my profile.

Well, I'm no lady.
But, I can tell you honestly what I'm thinking.

First Date
Something low pressure where we can just have fun and get to know each other better. Let me take care of it :)

Low pressure.

A date in a decompression chamber?
Sofa surfing with your DVD collection and a cold twelve pack?
People watching at the closest Department of Motor Vehicles office, (again?)

Women hate surprises, especially on a "first date."
They may need to coordinate
which cute shoes
they will wear
with what outfit.

Since you want to take care of the plans.....
Write one out!
Like minded women who would enjoy
your idea of a cool date
might just respond to your invitation.
 Forums_only
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/1/2014 6:40:47 PM

I just wanna make sure I'm sending the right impression with my page.

Why don't you tell us exactly what impression you were going for so we can answer this?
 EricusMaximus
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/4/2014 3:09:20 AM

That question would be valid if we knew what message you are attempting to send. And if it is a message about yourself, uh, we don't know you guy.

Or its a lie you created deliberately to cover up the fact that you aren't getting message.... because you aren't getting messages. So you figured its less humiliating to ask strangers if you are sending the "right" impression?

Interesting, lets continue...

You have bullet points describing yourself, and two meaty paragraphs describing who your potential date should be. Do you see a problem with that? Because you should, ill give you a hint. If you look at the title of the box, it says "about me."

Self deprecating humor only, don't call your potential date a potential mass murderer. Its not cute, or funny, its stupid. Then you follow up with "I have a plan, ill take care of the date." That actually makes you look like a potential murderer. Explain the date or don't, but don't give a vague and creepy description of a shady place and end it with "ill take care of it."

I don't know, I think the whole thing reeks of cheese. The humor falls flat, you appear to be arrogant (demanding) without justification a lot of the time, and your math is wrong - you're at 120% which makes you look retarded.

You think women want to hear that you're going to potentially discriminate their messages? Because grammar Nazi is an attractive quality right? Really bad, the whole thing needs an overhaul, STAT...

Haha lighten the **** up pal, I think my profile just lacked the depth to attract the kind of relationship I'm looking for.
You might find that if you stop taking things so seriously and just project more positivity you will see better results with your messages too. Hell I can almost guarantee that any woman who reads such a negative, nitpicky post like this would disqualify you and never consider you as a potential date again. But I don't need to tell you that, you seem smart.
Behind all the king shit attitude I'm sure you're actually a decent guy.. so next time you offer some advice, just try keeping the criticism constructive, ya? That IS the point of forums, not to put strangers on blast.

Still, someone had to do it, thanks for that!
 EricusMaximus
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/4/2014 3:19:31 AM
re-wrote a lot of it..

I'm trying to attract someone who's a bit more serious about life/careers/relationships, so I hope this should work better.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/4/2014 7:56:19 AM
Hi Eric, I do not have ANY idea "who" you are or the type of woman you find attractive, only what you like to do.

Personality is what sells, it is the ONLY thing that makes us unique.

Have you seen the profile tips at the top of the page in green?

Jerry
 Forums_only
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/4/2014 9:22:12 AM

I'm trying to attract someone who's a bit more serious about life/careers/relationships,

It is an interesting read, that's for sure, but still geared toward the rockstar/race car driver image and not the 'serious about life/careers/relationship' image. An easy fix for a first impression is to replace the main photo with a simple big smiling no-sunglasses shoulders up head shot as a main. If I were an ambitious young career/relationship-minded woman and got a message from that photo, I'd delete it without opening it.

Parts of the profile body float off into the silly, and that could lose the focused person you say you are trying to attract. Consider another surgical edit, but not too much. (ie: first two paragraphs) You do have a lot of great detail there.

You can probably safely remove the email settings unless you are truly overwhelmed with incoming messages.
 tatersprout
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/4/2014 3:21:52 PM
Hi Eric,

Actually, I like what you've written. A good read, not at all boring.
You have a few grammar errors.

I'm not sure how many serious minded women this will attract...you have portrayed yourself as a rockstar, adrenaline junkie, hyperactive type guy.
Being more about play and fun, you haven't tempered the write up with anything serious so it's hard to guess that you are seeking more than a good time and playmate.

I suggest you trim the interest list to eliminate redundancies.
Get rid of the mail restrictions; not necessary. If a woman who was super compatible with you happened to just turn 27, she'd be unable to message you. Screen your inbox manually.
 EricusMaximus
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/5/2014 5:18:41 PM
Edited again, made it a bit more serious as a whole.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/5/2014 5:49:37 PM
Why are you stuttering? It says ABOUT ME, then your first words are
About me
Like this for the main
You really need to ditch the stuff taken from the Net
Instead of saying about me
Say your name ( there is a place) Then launch
Save some of the " cute" for when you meet her and connect
Tara has long red hair and is the funniest woman I know.. plus she rips around on a 'cycle
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Honest feedback please! Is it too much, not enough or just right?