Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review Please, any sugesstions would be appericated.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Im_great_guy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile Review Please, any sugesstions would be appericated. Page 1 of 1    
so just wanted to get some feedback on my profile, should I add or delete anything?

I have met a few girls who are just not right for me, I'd like to think im a good guy, and I just want to find someone who I am a right fit, someone I have lots in common with, and who appreciates what I have to offer. someone who is non judgmental is that too much to ask??
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 2
Profile Review Please, any sugesstions would be appericated.
Posted: 10/1/2014 9:27:52 PM
Your photos are killing you. The main one is blurry and the others are group shots. And not even recent group shots. No one wants to play where's Waldo. Post some nice outside photos of you only playing the sports you like, at the water park. Throw some personality in there.

Put some more interests. 12 to 15 interests is what you should aim for. Makes the columns look nice and neat. Perhaps you could expand on what sports you like and list them separately. Or list your favorite authors or movies.

In About Me - kill your first sentence and your last sentence. Too many people say something similar. I don't think the 3rd and 4th paragraphs are helping you. You say a lot without really saying anything.

Keep working on your About Me. Do you have a favorite travel destination you want to talk about or somewhere you'd like to visit? Talk more about the sports you enjoy. Do you have a favorite beach you like to hang out at? Describe a fun day at the water park and put her into the picture going down a slide with you.

You need to be more specific about the First Date. You come across as indecisive and creepy at the same time. Women don't want to be surprised until they've been in a relationship for awhile, and maybe not even then either. What if your surprise consists of driving them out to Charles Manson's former compound to meet the family members who still live there. Any takers if you advertise that one? Make sure its a public place with lots of other people around so she feels safe. Use the old go to Starbucks standby. Or meet at Mann's Chinese Theater and then explore the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel and grab a killer chiller in the lobby coffee shop. Beats a killer chiller at the old Manson compound!
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/1/2014 11:43:57 PM
Agreed. Not going to guess who you are in the photos.

I would hesitate to contact you (hypothetically) if I weren't Jewish, because I'm not sure from your profile if you'd date outside your faith for anything longer term. I suspect it will ultimately be a dealbreaker for you, so unless it's not, leave the wording on that for now.

Other than your nationality (how long have you been in California?) and that you like music, I truly don't remember anything else distinctive about you in the profile. It had so many dating profile clich├ęs it was painful. What KIND of new things do you want to try? Surfing? Archery? Ballroom dance?? Give her some clues.
 tennistown
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/2/2014 6:56:46 AM

so just wanted to get some feedback on my profile......

I live by the motto of word hard and play hard.

^^^^ This sentence should make the librarians go wild for you.

(They go bonkers for words.)
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/2/2014 9:12:11 AM
You need all new photos. No one wants to spend 5 minutes figuring out which guy is you in the photos. Plus, your group photos are watermarked from 1 to 2 years ago. Who knows what you look like now? Your hair could have changed, you could have lost/gained 50 pounds, etc. Recent, clear, solo photos are the way to go.

The family photos combined with the family as an interest and an entire paragraph dedicated to your family makes me think your family is coming on the first date (or that a potential date needs to be approved by them before you can meet her). Family is very important, but keep the focus on yourself for now. If things go great, she'll meet your family when it's time.

Not sure, I'm not good at picking places. will be a surprise.
Please, I beg of you, do not surprise a stranger. What you may consider a wonderful surprise can end up being her worst nightmare. Save the surprise dates for when you get to know her better. In this section, list a date or two that you would enjoy. It doesn't have to be terribly detailed. "Afternoon at the museum" or "coffee and a walk around the city" or "night on the town, trying a new restaurant". And when it comes time to ask her for a date, present a complete plan: date, time and activity.

After reading it, the only thing I remember is that you were born in Israel. Everything else is the typical generic profile stuff. Share some details, add specifics. Even if it isn't terribly interesting, knowing WHO your favorite author is sticks in the mind more than you simply read books (for example).
 Ouija2025
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/2/2014 9:28:25 AM
Hi :) I am sure you are a great guy - but your profile, well not so great.
Unless your family is coming on the first date ( and every date after that ) do not feature them. It is considered strange here in these waters.
Undecided about children? Getout!!!! You talk on and on about how family is so important so just answer it yes or No
Remove mention about you being shy/super sensitive - I'd worry you would cry over anything. Women are attracted to self confidence.
You have some quite sweet well thought out bits ( inner beauty) that I'd keep but honestly I think you need to start over..
write it the way you would approach a woman you are attracted to - not a Bio.
Not too sure why you made mention of being born in Israel. Are you only looking to date other dispora?
As mentioned - no surprises.. suggest something easy and public for the first meeting
Best of luck
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/2/2014 10:27:56 AM
Hi OP, I agree with the previous replies, little more then useless cliche and rambling.

Do not describe yourself from the perspective of friends and or family, you are who you are, OWN it.

Go to the top of the page here, in green you will find profile tips, follow the guidelines then post back to this thread and someone will have another look.

It may also be helpful to follow the tips and progression of others that ask for help.

Best wishes
OFMM
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review Please, any sugesstions would be appericated.