Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Your feedback on my profile would be very appreciated      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wwson247
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Your feedback on my profile would be very appreciatedPage 1 of 1    
Greetings. I've been here for quite some time and let's just say I'm still ordering rice for 1 at the Chinese restaurant. I've recently found this feedback area and whilst I am who I am maybe there is something that really makes my profile challenging for me. Any constructive feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you.
 Ainen
Msg: 2
Your feedback on my profile would be very appreciated
Posted: 10/2/2014 5:38:10 PM
Remove your birthday to protect yourself from identity theft. Otherwise your captions are excellent.

The whole thing is bold. Put in a /b to restore the text to normal.

You chose those age restrictions in 2009?

Cool stache!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/2/2014 5:55:20 PM
wwson247...welcome to the Profile Reviews forum. Hope you find this helpful.
My first suggestion is to remove the hot tub pic...it's a little too much to share with strangers.

My second suggestion is to change the narrative back to regular font.
It is written entirely in BOLD at this time, which is painful to read!
 wwson247
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2014 6:06:30 PM
Thank you. I think I've update the age thingy for restrictions. I don't understand the age thing for me for identity theft? Thank you.
 wwson247
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2014 6:09:29 PM
Thank you. I'll do that undo the bold thang. Thought the tub wasn't very showy, but taken into consideration - thank you
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/2/2014 6:15:07 PM
Men do not need age restrictions on their profiles.
What if a brilliant, witty, gorgeous, and athletic 55 y.o. spotted your profile tonight?
The POF restrictions you have would HALT her from making contact with you.

The way it is written now, a 49 y.o. woman might see your profile and decide you are *really* seeking a 39 y.o.
Men typically will not be so flooded with responses that they can't manage their inboxes.
Inbound restrictions won't help you and can only serve to hurt you.

Additionally, you don't need to list your precise birthdate in your narrative.
That is just a commonsense basic precaution when interacting on the internet.
There is no reason to broadcast to the world your exact month, day, and year D.O.B.
 wwson247
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2014 6:27:46 PM
So, Eric it won't let me take my age off of it it tells me, but really haven't try tried it. So if I change my guidelines for the women's age to anything might be a better deal. I can buy that. Will give it a shot.
 Ainen
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/2/2014 6:34:07 PM
We're referring to your caption for the France photo. Instead of August xx 2014, say August 2014 without the day.

Best if you make your about me longer.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/2/2014 6:38:30 PM
Your caption for the Tavern on France party photo contains your precise birthdate.
There is no need to include that specific detail on an online dating profile and should be removed.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/2/2014 7:31:00 PM
You need to remove the mustache from your face, or grow a beard in with it. I dig the style myself, but women, and society in general don't often appreciate the humble mustache. Therefore it must be eliminated, or obscured, at all costs.

Also, since you are a handyman throw that in as a possible date incentive. "Free oil change, redeemable after sex." You'd have them lining up!

lol obviously joking about the entire thing. But the mustache might be hurting your image.
 BeachBikeHike
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/2/2014 8:35:45 PM
All of your pictures give off a vibe like they were taken in the '80s.

The mustache is definitely Mario Brothers. I'd go for a shave & haircut if I were you :)

Agree with other posters who recommend you NOT tell the world your birthdate.
 Forums_only
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/2/2014 9:02:50 PM
This is one of the best photo galleries I've ever seen. (quick mental calculation.....) I've probably seen well over 10,000 profiles in the last *cough cough* years. Really good job.

I'll wait until you finish the profile body before offering any other suggestions. Do read the profiles of the people posting here who have had some good experiences, you may get some inspiration!
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/3/2014 10:12:31 AM
Oh, I love his mustachio. I vote he keeps it...
 ScooterSB
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2014 2:59:55 PM
Text says next to nothing about you.

Theses are some questions you can answer in your profile to make it really stand out.
What makes you special and unique?
What's the most exciting thing in your life right now?
Why should a woman date you over every other guy on this site?
What attributes do you find attractive in a woman?
What is it like to date you?
What does romance mean to you?
 2015LadyLove
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/5/2014 3:28:23 PM
It's time for a change. I suggest that you remove the Mario brothers looking tache. If you're asking for advice and you have been on here 5 years. Woman have a strong opinion about taches, the woman of your dreams may not be into them.
Once again 5 years, against a re growth of two months and a chance to open up your dating pool.
I suggest that you do this. Remove it and do a new picture as your main and see what happens :) From there grow from scratch into a tache goatee combo and then make that your new profile picture.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Your feedback on my profile would be very appreciated