Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Honest feedback      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 seeking_u_2014
Msg: 1
Honest feedbackPage 1 of 1    
Hi there .. looking some feedback and suggestions to improve my profile. I don't get many views, maybe 2 a week and very few women message first. Maybe its where live, maybe I'm a hideous monster :D ... I don't know.

Thanks in advance for taking a look.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 2
Honest feedback
Posted: 10/3/2014 2:14:42 PM
Listing long kisses and sex as interests is creepy. Delete those.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 3
Honest feedback
Posted: 10/3/2014 2:19:09 PM
Past creepy . Surprised you aren't just getting blocked
Then you go on about intimacy. We like to think men are sexual so no need drive that "point" home
btw.. do you and your buddies talk about long kisses? How long exactly? Hour, two?
Oh and since you " like to be challenged" you have spelling errors.. you find them :/
 tennistown
Msg: 4
Honest feedback
Posted: 10/3/2014 2:59:24 PM

looking some feedback and suggestions.....

I seek someone who is not afraid of intimacy ... emotional/spiritual, physical, it forms the basis of connection. And when you have that, everything is so much more fun.

You should slow your roll, Mr. Hands.

Women know things.

Like that since you're under 70,
you're probably ready and willing
to have her
ride the bologna pony
at the drop of a hat.

I suggest cooling your jets.
At least until you
can break bread,
and hand her some flowers.

Remove those few awkward sentences.
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 5
Honest feedback
Posted: 10/3/2014 3:05:35 PM
For "do you want children" you answered "prefer not to say". Why not? What's the big secret? You're 48. You should know one way or the other by now. When we do an advanced search one of the options is "do you want children". Its my guess that most women know one way or the other and choose "yes" or "no" as part of the search criteria to find a similar thinking man . You aren't landing in many women's searches, viewing your profile, because most women aren't choosing the "prefer not to say" option. And the women who do land on your profile and know for sure they're a definite yes or no are not wasting time reading the rest of your profile.

You have email restrictions .... and you're complaining that not many women message you? Perhaps if you removed your restrictions that might help your odds. Must live in the United States and within 75 miles? How many foreign countries are within 75 miles of Deep River, Connecticut? Are you scared that you will be swamped with messages from all these foreign women who live in these foreign countries within 75 miles of your location?

Too many issues with your profile that give women a bad feeling and they just move on to the next man.
 seeking_u_2014
Msg: 6
Honest feedback
Posted: 10/3/2014 3:28:33 PM
Wow, so much anger in response :( , just looking for suggestions...
 tatersprout
Msg: 7
Honest feedback
Posted: 10/3/2014 5:30:07 PM
You are sensitive...you are not being reviewed; what you've written is.
There is no anger being shown above, just constructive criticism.

Sex, kissing, cuddling, etc are not exactly appropriate words to use with perfect strangers. Would you discuss that on a first date? Makes it look like that's what you're looking for right off, no matter what else you say. It honestly will turn women off.

As for children, again a valid question. At 48 and not having any yet, you should know. Makes it look like if you snag a young thing, you'll go there for her, but if you end up with a 40+ you are ok too. Women read between the lines.

Men here simply don't get so much mail that they can't screen their inboxes so restrictions are silly.

Your first paragraph isn't strong. The first few sentences show up in searches...make those words count. Your relationship philosophy isn't necessary.

Don't use the cliche "My friends have described me as ". Does this actually come up in conversation?

You have said twice that you are funny/humorous but the content here is dry and predictable.
Most sentences start with "I".
Do you really jet off to Chicago or NYC for the night after a long day of playing at home?

Some grammar errors.

Don't thank her for stopping by, mention again that you don't drink, end with a negative, or wish her luck.

I think your 5th pic is better for the main; you look friendlier and not facing the camera directly.

You need to read some of the male reviewers' profiles and read the writing tips up top, highlighted in green.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 8
Honest feedback
Posted: 10/3/2014 5:42:51 PM
Drop the restrictions, "Must have picture", take a risk you may be surprised, I have been.
If you are going to wait for messages in your age group, the only thing I can say is GOOD LUCK!!!! LOL
Hone your writing skills and get messaging
 ozsealady1
Msg: 9
Honest feedback
Posted: 10/4/2014 2:35:27 PM
I like this version.

Try it without any restrictions for a while.

Most women (for their own reasons) do not send initial messages often.
So it is up to you to contact ladies who you find interesting.

GreenThumbz18
Msg: 10
Honest feedback
Posted: 10/4/2014 3:26:03 PM
I didn't get to see the sexy stuff, but what remains looks awfully generic to me. I suggest you include a few things that can spark some dialog, like favorite shows/music, personal stories that changed your life, reasons that you do what you do.
Deep River isn't a metropolis, but if you drive a little you can hit some decent population centers. I'll be in Hartford next week to visit my cousins and get some good apples :)
 Forums_only
Msg: 11
Honest feedback
Posted: 10/4/2014 8:13:49 PM

That's what you got out of all that? Wow.. you really ARE in I.T., aren't you.

The photos are good, the Interests are OK, but the profile is as vanilla as anything else. It's truly interchangeable with dozens of other guys, and for someone claiming to have humour, it wasn't evident.

Something tells me you are not going to have a good experience with online dating. Are you actually writing to women you find interesting? Or just waiting for them to line up in your inbox?
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 12
Honest feedback
Posted: 10/5/2014 6:22:47 AM

For crying out loud, you requested a critique of your profile. Did you expect people to be gentle with you, hold your delicate hand and handle your equally delicate ego with baby care, when you had included suggestive and objectionable material in your profile? How very mature of you. I hope you were blocked, for every message you sent somebody. No wonder you're here.

Anyway, it seems that alleged anger worked well, in your favor; you eliminated that garbage. Now it's up to you to make it as so it isn't plain. And...it is still up to the people to whom you respond to decide if you're that guy.

Good bloody luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Honest feedback