Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cannon94
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile review pleasePage 1 of 1    
Alright.. so I have set up a profile on here.. filled it in.. but I am having no success when it comes to girls messaging me back. I don't write perverted things, nor do I come off too strong.. I just make innocent comments and see what's up.. but I don't get a response back after the girls view my prof. What am I doing wrong? Check it out and let me know never been apart of a site like this .
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 2
Profile review please
Posted: 10/6/2014 6:24:15 AM
Hi Kevin, as it is, the only reason a woman would have to message you is she finds your pictures irresistible, the text certainly isn't going to woo very many.

Where is your personality? Do you have one? You say you have goals, but don't even so much as hint as to what they are?

Profile tips at the top of the page in green, follow the guidelines, write a real profile, then post back to this thread and someone will help you tweak it.

Jerry
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Profile review please
Posted: 10/6/2014 7:08:02 AM
The main photo you have now is the only one with a smile? the upward selfies can go, they don't help. Let someone else take your photo, and smile. At least they're clicking in your profile - this means they like the photo, but it gets quite dull very quickly after that.

The Interests field has some items that can go ("friends").

The profile is scattered - keep the info about your work in one paragraph, the dog in another, and other stuff in another. Do make paragraphs- like I've done here - with space in between the ideas so it's not a big block of words all jammed together.

If you travel a lot for work, when will you have time to date?

Messages should be about one specific thing from her profile, no fluff. Ask one question so she has an easy way to respond, IF she chooses.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 4
Profile review please
Posted: 10/6/2014 7:31:03 AM

I'm looking for friendship.
You think 20 year women are coming on POF to find 20 year male friends? Probably not. They are probably using this site to find dates, possibly a relationship. This line might be hurting you by appearing to be uninterested in the dating process.
 tennistown
Msg: 5
Profile review please
Posted: 10/6/2014 8:34:17 AM

I just make innocent comments and see what's up.

"You have a nice top, and I like your shirt too."

That, would be an example of what "not to write."

What am I doing wrong?

Four pictures with the same hat.
The bill turned up,
the way Gomer Pile
liked to wear them.
Gives off the goofball vibe,
big time.
 Cannon94
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Profile review please
Posted: 10/6/2014 12:47:09 PM
Friendships that lead into relationships im sorry but I cant just meet someone i have to get to know you on a friend level before I even think about dating.
 Cannon94
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Profile review please
Posted: 10/6/2014 12:53:51 PM
Im a 20 year old guy who has goals and knows what I want in life. I see a bright future for myself and would love to share the journey with someone. My goals are Honestly buy a home in the next few years , focus mainly on my job and building a family.
I Currently working on my career with all hands on deck. My Job title is Network Tech. I enjoy doing what I do even though it involves me to travel out of state sometimes for a few weeks. But please don't let that worry you I'm always in town and never gone for to long.

I'm a Very active person I love to ride my bike on my spare time. 11 years and counting I am very good at it actually thought about trying to get sponsored but BMX is a high risk sport. I Recently broke my hand few months back and cant wait to get back on :) When I ride I like to put in my head phones and just vibe out to some wiz. I really love all types of music yes even some country.

I am looking for a woman who has life goals set. I am looking for a Relationship but not trying to push right into anything right away. I rather Skype , Talk on the phone , snapchat and maybe text before we meet in person. Just so we can get to know each other a little bit more before we meet so things are not awkward.

I'm funny, sarcastic, smart, daring and adventurous, I'm looking for someone similar who knows how to hold a conversation.
I love to laugh and hold conversations. If you're interested in talking some more, shoot me a message!
 CTRLvector
Msg: 8
Profile review please
Posted: 10/6/2014 2:02:09 PM
If that is your prerogative, then explain the reason friendship is important, prior to a relationship. Don't assume people will know what you mean by friendship.

You have capitalized some words that don't need to be capitalized. You need commas in certain areas to add clarity.

You don't need to explain that traveling is part of your job, nobody needs to know that up-front. And they don't need to be assured that it isn't reason to worry.

It would be like me saying - I am a veteran, but don't worry.

When you say that your job causes you to travel, and then you say that it is nothing to worry about. It paradoxically becomes concerning, because you are excusing yourself before any questions are brought up about it.

Might want to consider putting up more pictures. Making a good visual impression is 100% of the FIRST battle. The second battle requires you to be cognitively appealing, and by my calculations - that second battle doesn't even need to be won 9 times out of 10 to actually get a date.
 Forums_only
Msg: 9
Profile review please
Posted: 10/6/2014 6:05:25 PM

Friendships that lead into relationships im sorry but I cant just meet someone i have to get to know you on a friend level before I even think about dating.

Bullshit. If that were true you'd be dating your friends already.

You came to a DATING site to meet girls. If you wanted to make friends, there are tons of other places you could do that. If you don't know within a few minutes of meeting someone if you have a romantic attraction to that person, you're doing something wrong. If you're not sure, move along and let them find someone who they can connect with on that level.

There's no reason you can't see someone you find interesting and romantically attractive for however long you are both comfortable before moving it to the next level. If you think girls are going to email you and text you for weeks before meeting you, you're wasting your time and hers. The only ones that do that are the ones playing you.

Reality check.
 Cannon94
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Profile review please
Posted: 10/6/2014 7:31:16 PM
call it bullshit all you want.... I never did I Say WEEKS of talking /emails before meeting.
you got ways you do things, I got ways I do things. Sorry that you don't understand .
 CTRLvector
Msg: 11
Profile review please
Posted: 10/6/2014 7:56:25 PM
Your way of doing things will cost you, because it makes you seem insecure. Not that you should really have much confidence in the dating world at 20. But its probably best to fake it, till you actually get some. You need to take chances as a guy, you have to be the forward propulsion for a relationship.

Or you can find out the hard way why women enjoy being chased. As opposed to your prospect having to humor your need for personal space before you "get to know" her.

They often call you the "nice guy," well alright then nice guy. Going the friend rout is a great way to get- friend zoned. And its not that you come in last because you're a nice guy, and you want to see that your efforts are being ricoprocated before you take the chance of rejection, actually it is, never-mind.

Hmmm, if only you could read body language and ask the right questions, maybe you could deduce in an hour, what normally takes you 2 days of texting.
 Cannon94
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Profile review please
Posted: 10/6/2014 8:21:57 PM
I understand what you are saying and I will take it to heart. but on this site I have ran into a few women who's profile photos were not them. they lied about the things we had in common . when I would ask them the questions even things they had on the profile they didn't know what they were talking about. I know not all women on POF are like this . I am a Shy person and I have to get out of my shell. I have no issue picking up females out on the go but they normally just end up being sluts I don't want to associate my self with that I'm looking for something meaningful . I'm going to change up and rewrite the profile again.
 Forums_only
Msg: 13
Profile review please
Posted: 10/6/2014 10:53:49 PM
Sorry that you don't understand .

Oh, I completely understand. Unfortunately you will continue to be disappointed in your results here if that's how you plan to go about things. Nobody said you have to jump into bed on the first (or 4th or 9th) date, but don't waste her time if you clearly have no romantic interest in her. If you want to hang out with someone as 'friends', you will have to be completely comfortable with her dating someone who clearly has a romantic interest in her while you waffle.

Good luck.

ps - the write-up is much clearer and you do explain how you intend to drag things on for a while before meeting, so she knows what to expect.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review please