Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > review my profile......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tommy1282
Msg: 1
review my profile......Page 1 of 1    
Anyway i think its time i start looking for a relationship ive met alot of girls on pof in person but not one was what i would call gf material. Wanna meet i guess what you would call a good girl so need to completely change my profile im guessing.......
 Tommy1282
Msg: 2
review my profile......
Posted: 10/10/2014 12:20:08 AM
Any help would b appreciated also feel free to make fun of me idc i have thick skin
 CTRLvector
Msg: 3
review my profile......
Posted: 10/10/2014 12:35:54 AM
Something tells me that the last sentence in your profile was inspired by a real event. Maybe the problem is more dynamic than you think.

So you could be looking at it wrong, maybe you're not reading between the Jersey Shore episodes? I mean lines.

Yeah, complete change to the profile, that sounds brilliant. Id start off by highlighting the entire thing, and then hitting backspace.

I would write something to the effect of ---
"It's not that I can't afford a shirt, its just that I like to drive around with my shoulders flexed aggressively. And that doesn't work, even in a sleeveless shirt.... I know right? I was pissed too, I bought like 10 of the freakin' things."
 Tommy1282
Msg: 4
review my profile......
Posted: 10/10/2014 12:51:13 AM
Would prefer a womens help instead of some dbag that comments on every forum on here talking bad about people to make himself feel better
 CTRLvector
Msg: 5
review my profile......
Posted: 10/10/2014 12:53:01 AM
I didn't imply that you had a problem with being a douche, you do well with respect to that on your own.

Do you know how to construct a sentence? Are you really that illiterate? You're a loser who flexes his shoulders in a pathetic attempt to show any muscle definition.

And you do have a problem getting laid, otherwise you wouldn't be on POF, crying about being a douche who can't get laid. I've got 99 problems
 Tommy1282
Msg: 6
review my profile......
Posted: 10/10/2014 12:57:22 AM
U can see ur man boobs through ur tshirt bro. Lol think my muscle definition alot better than yours. You look like your a VIP member in the dallas buyers club
 Ouija2025
Msg: 7
review my profile......
Posted: 10/10/2014 5:53:51 AM
Now boys, don't make turn this thread around and go home.
Tommy - ok let's start with the Header. Yes it is true however it is better to have a header that reflects something of your personality.
Photos - Main is alright but most women prefer a man smiling. Your shirtless picture is against site rules ( nice guns) and can get you nuked if reported. Same with the 2 of your furbaby, you have to be in every picture.
Interests - ditch the " gay pictures " Women your target age generally want a Man who behaves
Don't have negativity in the text
Describe yourself, give us an idea of what it is like to date you
What type of woman are you attracted to?
Besides the gym what are you passionate about ?
First date is a first meet, doubt you wanna splash out money buying strangers a dinner, that is for the second date if you click. Pick something that is easy and public.
 Forums_only
Msg: 8
review my profile......
Posted: 10/10/2014 7:04:40 AM

i have thick skin

Remember oh so long ago when you said that? Keep it in mind.

The entire profile now is currently geared to goofing off. You will need a complete mental turnaround to accomplish what you say you are looking for now. Instead of the GTL image you are showing, if you want 'gf' material, you have to prove you are 'bf' material. That means:

- no tacky shirtless photos
- no tacky car selfies
- no photos of just the dog (we'll assume it yours only if you're in the picture with it)
- no smartass answers for the Job question. Put in a general answer about what you do. Driver? Factory? Neurosurgeon?
- no smartass notations in the Interests field. Think of something you could put that you could talk about for a while, like a favourite holiday spot, or music type/group, or a favourite food or cuisine.
- clean out anything that presents as less than intelligent from the profile. This means making clear paragraphs, using your capitalization and grammar skills. Make the effort here or she'll expect you ARE the stereotype.
- there should be nothing negative in the profile. Focus on what you enjoy besides the gym, and what type of lady you'd like to meet. Positive language only, and try to avoid clich├ęs. (ie: good sense of humour, likes to go out/stay in, down to earth)

You are going to have to make a huge effort to reverse the image you have now and have half a chance at what you say you are looking for. Good luck.
 tennistown
Msg: 9
review my profile......
Posted: 10/10/2014 9:16:37 AM
ive met alot of girls on pof in person but not one was what i would call gf material. Wanna meet i guess what you would call a good girl

You need to change your lure.
to catch different kinds of fishies.

In the middle of your
"big block of words" profile
you squeeze in, this shiny sentence....

im looking for someone to hang out with and have fun

Change that sentence
to reflect
what you're really currently hoping for
from the woman of your dreams.

It's a big step up
from hang out and have fun,
to good girl
girlfriend material.

That will require much more exertion on your part.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 10
review my profile......
Posted: 10/10/2014 9:47:32 AM
"Fun" is often a code word for sex on here. Be careful how you use it.

Overall, the pictures scream "frat boy" to me. A splash of seriousness will do wonders in attracting a more serious woman. A real profession, a not-frat boy photo, proper punctuation, etc. Unless you think "good girls" are into douchebag-acting types. (I'll give you a hint, the answer is no)
 Tommy1282
Msg: 11
review my profile......
Posted: 10/10/2014 11:53:21 AM
Thanks everyone work on that saturday when i have time
 CTRLvector
Msg: 12
review my profile......
Posted: 10/10/2014 4:19:46 PM

U can see ur man boobs through ur tshirt bro. Lol think my muscle definition alot better than yours.

Being able to see definition through a shirt, when you're not flexing, is called definition.

You look like a reality tv show reject.
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
review my profile......
Posted: 10/10/2014 8:17:54 PM
I'm from the Pittsburgh area as well. Lots of hot women in the Burgh.

Add more women friendly interests. Add that you like the Pens as well in addition to the Buccos and Steelers.
 Tommy1282
Msg: 14
review my profile......
Posted: 10/10/2014 11:03:35 PM
Haha u took a shirtless photo an got a chicken chest. Hahaha lets ask people who got more definition. Ur a skinny lil punk an ur the type of dude i would smack around in a bar cause u act like ur the shit but ur just a lame
 Tommy1282
Msg: 15
review my profile......
Posted: 10/10/2014 11:06:01 PM
Also for being 30 u got acne like a teenager. Lol u look like a scrawny 13 year old with acne
 CTRLvector
Msg: 16
review my profile......
Posted: 10/11/2014 2:28:28 AM
So I go from man boobs to chicken chest? You're so dumb.

My shoulders have definition, you have to shrug then flex so hard that you look retarded. Well judging by your illiteracy are retarded.

You're really reaching lol, you've got your body so contorted flexing that you look like you're crapping your pants. I don't need to flex.

Also, I've never had acne so? Like I said, reaching.
 Forums_only
Msg: 17
review my profile......
Posted: 10/11/2014 9:43:45 AM
Tommy, it's not worth it. Do you really want to continue rolling in the mud with pigs? Wash it off and move along.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 18
review my profile......
Posted: 10/11/2014 1:23:58 PM
Pot, this is kettle. you shouldn't be calling anyone a pig.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > review my profile......