Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AquamarineBlue8
Msg: 2
Profile reviewPage 1 of 1    

Go on then, say your worst!

Ow, this is not a firing squad...

Your profile is a bit too succinct and as Jerry would say, have a look at the profile writing tips at the top of this forum. Your pics: your mains does not do your level of education and status justice (wrinkled collar) and you have a spelling error (lowercase I). The shark hat photo and it's caption shows your sense of humor nicely. I'd get a better and closer shot of the full length and I'd dump pics #1, 2 (no little kid pics on an adult site), the pub pic and the one with the older guy, use the last one as a main. You are pretty nice looking so I am sure you can get lots better pics put up. I'm a visual person and a grammar/spelling n*zi so that's all I can offer based on what you have presented.

And to go with your headline, your main could have a bigger smile with your eyes looking straight at the camera.

Good luck you handsome devil!
 CTRLvector
Msg: 3
Profile review
Posted: 10/11/2014 8:20:17 AM
Didn't Frank Underwood off you?
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 4
Profile review
Posted: 10/11/2014 8:50:41 AM
Let's see, you're a self-deprecating man and you seek a woman who doesn't take herself seriously. Gee, I wonder where you're going with this. 😴
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
Profile review
Posted: 10/11/2014 9:55:48 AM
Well it's just generic, isn't it. Too bad, your photos are interesting, but there's not really any personality in your profile.

Do you really want to meet someone who can't pay attention for more the 42 seconds?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 7
Profile review
Posted: 10/11/2014 10:21:07 AM
^^^ Your pics: your mains ^^^
Usually it is me who makes errors when I am complaining about spelling.
The Main - no, too much background, not enuff you
Remove the white t shirt photo, the angle or the way it is falling makes you look like you have a large stomach
Do the parents of that little cutie know you featuring her on a dating site? Is it to lure women ( oh look, children don't run from him?)
But I wish I had that shark hat.. I really need it!
JMO good luck
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 8
Profile review
Posted: 10/11/2014 10:48:55 AM

I'll try and keep this short and sweet.

Short? Yes. Sweet? Not so much, although you did manage to avoid negativity for the most part. The first bit of a profile can be read without actually clicking on it in some features, don't waste the opportunity. Delete

Me: A dry, quirky sense of humour, self deprecating, easy going chap.

Humour needs to be SHOWN, simply proclaiming it makes you just another BSer. delete and SHOW them!

A bit of a geek/techie at heart, with a keen interest in alternative music and live gigs.

Not great, but okay, keep it for now.

Also have an interest in film, sport (football in particular) and motorsport, notably F1.

Yeah, you and well over half the the other guys on here. These are interests and do not belong here unless you have a story to tell about a few of them. As is it is redundant, or should be if it isn't. Add them in the interests section. delete

I should probably add here that I love travelling, right?

Actually you shouldn't, unless you want to go into a bit of detail. Just another interest redundantly stated the way it is. delete

Any excuse to "escape from GY" and see friends, family etc

Do you REALLY think ANY woman will read the above and think, Oh wow, I need to send THIS guy a note!? delete

Female wise,

Huh? What the help is this? Lookin for a breeder? Rethink that!

I'm looking for someone who preferably has similar interests, a similar sense of humour, someone who doesn't mind a little bit of playful banter, doesn't take themselves seriously and is generally down to earth. Someone who i can have a laugh with, basically.

In other words you want the same things everyone else does. Try some UNIQUE personality traits for both you and the woman you seek.

As was mentioned, profile tips, top of page in green.

Best wishes

Jerry
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 9
Profile review
Posted: 10/11/2014 4:09:16 PM
I'm wondering if you are actively hiding your teeth in all of your photos. To me, your smile appears just on the edge of forced.

Female wise
That's such a... weird choice of phrase. Female what? I'm assuming a female human, more commonly known as a woman, but perhaps you were referring to female kangaroos. "In terms of a relationship/partner/girlfriend" might fit better. Or "relationship wise".

I feel like it says basically nothing about you. Which, might work in your favor because it says nothing bad about you and you've got a nice face. If you find your profile isn't working in a few weeks, try adding a splash more substance.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 12
Profile review
Posted: 10/14/2014 3:19:07 PM

Wow you guys are.... brutal shall we say, ha!

lol, Yeah, one kind of has to be at times in this line of work, glad you could take in all in stride unlike some that personalize it too much.

Just post back to this thread if you want another round after revisions.

Best wishes

Jerry
 tennistown
Msg: 14
Profile review
Posted: 10/27/2014 5:01:15 PM

Given my profile a bit of a rejig.

First Date
Something "out of the box", something different. Definitely not the cinema.

Your "First Date" could use a rejig while you're rejigging.

It starts off good, but then you end with the most common (unfortunately) first date option ever jigged.
Dinner, cinema, then check the mattress for squeaky springs.

Now, if you ended it with an idea,
something truly out of the box
that would be something grand!

Carve a Halloween pumpkin.
Make your own nets, then go hunting for butterflies.
Rock hounding near the beach for a rock that looks like the Prime Minister's nose.
Or, feel free to come up with one of your own "completely different" first date ideas!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review