Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Constructive Feedback Welcome      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ainen
Msg: 2
Constructive Feedback WelcomePage 1 of 1    
The diploma joke picture is not allowed because you're not in it.

Separated. Write when you think the marriage will be officially over.

Height does not matter, weight does not matter, hair colour does not matter, race does not matter, religion does not matter. I don't like being negative at all but I don't like ignorant, bigoted or judgemental people.

The above is negative. Religion should matter to you: Westboro Baptist and the KKK two examples of religious groups most people would classify as ignorant, bigoted and judgmental. Weight could matter if it's a result of bad choices.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Constructive Feedback Welcome
Posted: 10/15/2014 12:25:39 PM
Balood31...welcome to the Profile Reviews forum.
My suggestion is to first concentrate on the images you have posted.

Have a friend take two dozen well-lit, OUTDOOR, crisp photographs using a high-quality digital camera...which is preferred over a fuzzy cellphone. This is primarily due to better ergonomics and superior capability of a camera to process available light. Include a variety of backgrounds, activities, and various articles of clothing to add greater interest. Have both close-ups and full-body images. Upload the best images of the bunch. Ensure you continue to date and caption each...to make them more entertaining to read. Good luck with your romantic search. :-)
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/15/2014 12:32:13 PM
Your biggest obstacle is your marital status. i don't agree that you should give an idea about when you'll get a divorce, because at that point, when somebody sees separated and they don't want to connect with a separated man, they're going to click for the next profile. If somebody is interested and they ask you personally, then that's when I think you should reveal it. You'll have to accept.

Watch your punctuation and your ideas on your page are out of order. It looks like you're just listing things rather than writing your story.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/15/2014 1:10:06 PM
The two pictures are so diff you need to caption them. Since you identify as BBW you need a full body shot so she can see just how big.
It wasn't funny, did you mean it to be? The punctuation and some minor errors might be overlooked if one did not profess to be so intelligent :/
I so dislike " think outside the box" if I was in a box I doubt I'd be thinking.
But yea, you are still married. And most will just click NEXT. Just another hurdle so you need a great profile
 tatersprout
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/15/2014 2:30:04 PM
Hi David,

I am guessing that you don't realize your text is egotistical and negative, but if it accurately represents you don't change a thing.

The current main pic is a scary up close mugshot.
The other photo looks to be 5-10 years old...you have hair and your beard isn't gray, different glasses, and you just look much younger.

Agree that separated will be a problem. I also agree that you should note when the divorce will be finalized.

Might want to mention kids' ages as in toddler, teen, etc.
Thank you for not posting their pics.

You are smarter than everybody else:
I am a smart, kind gentleman
I have brains to burn and a superior IQ, not my words.
I have three degree's
my humour goes over most peoples heads
I can sound like I am funny in normal company
I have been on Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

Errors in grammar, punctuation, spelling...a smart person knows how to fix that.

Negativity, even though you claim to not like being negative:
I am not on here to play games or serial date
not to play mind games
Just because they are evil doesn't mean I have to be to. I often find being kind to an enemy messes with their mind better than any attempt to get even.
Not just because I am a greedy fat pig
Going on holiday to Spain and having a McDonalds should be illegal.
I don't like ignorant, bigoted or judgemental people

does not matter
Repeated 5 times in 1 sentence.
 Forums_only
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/15/2014 2:58:12 PM
... and suddenly you're "Single"? Very bad form....

"German" as an Interest implies you like to speak German. Are YOU German? If that was your intent, it belongs somewhere in the profile body. If you would like to travel to the country of Germany, use that word instead.

Most men report around a 10% (or less) response rate on these type of sites, although no response IS a response, just not the one you want.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/15/2014 3:32:40 PM
That is a vast improvement on the images you have uploaded.
My follow-up suggestion is you should date them month/year to provide further perspective.

For example, do you have cropped hair now or have you buzzed it entirely smooth?
A woman will wish to know these things so she is not surprised at a live meet to be scheduled soon.
 tennistown
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/15/2014 4:02:32 PM
Could I have some constructive feedback on my profile

In one of your captions,
you say you lost 281 pounds.
That is terrific!

I don't have a physical type because everyone is beautiful. Physical characteristics are not important to me as I honestly believe it is what’s inside that counts.

^^^ While I believe what you say is true.

I can't quite fully
wrap my arms
around this concept.

Gee Sally, you have some very functional tonsils.
And don't get me started talking about your spleen again!

I've got to chalk this one up to,
different strokes for different folks.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/15/2014 7:18:27 PM
Hey Buddy
everyone can now see your posting history, so unless you got a divorce within the last 3 hours I suggest you change it back to be truthful
This is why I do not like trying to help "separated" what she was downstairs sorting laundry?
Liar
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/15/2014 7:33:52 PM
Oh, and by the way OP, once one is married they can NEVER be single again, that is called divorced, kinda like a virginity thing.

I am going to move along as I do not care to be a part of blatant deception.
 tatersprout
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/15/2014 8:50:39 PM

once one is married they can NEVER be single again, that is called divorced

Not exactly.
My divorce decree 13 years ago stated "both parties are returned to legally single status".
Since then, I lived with my partner for 10 yrs.
I am more accurately "single" than "divorced" but both are true.
Widowed is also single.

Doesn't change the fact that "separated" is not "single" in the legal sense...putting David into the liars' club.
Do you think this is in conflict with his "strong belief in fairness" or does he have his own ideas on what's fair?
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/15/2014 9:18:35 PM

My divorce decree 13 years ago stated "both parties are returned to legally single status".

I am sure it does, one needs to be "single" legally before they can "legally" marry again, in theory anyway. I suppose not technically true because of poligomy (darnit, spelling) and such.

You are free to do as you wish of course, to each their own. But if I were talking to a woman that listed single. I will assume she has never been married. If I ask and find out otherwise, IMO that would be deception and grounds for dismissal.

I am more accurately "single" than "divorced" but both are true.

You of course are free to believe what you wish to believe, I happen to see it differently.

Widowed is also single.

Okay, if you say so.

Doesn't change the fact that "separated" is not "single" in the legal sense...putting David into the liars' club.

I agree totally, hence my bowing out.

Do you think this is in conflict with his "strong belief in fairness" or does he have his own ideas on what's fair?

Apparently he does have is own standard for fairness, OP, apparently you think it is fair to list single when you aren't even divorced yet? It is actions like that, that make it harder for the average truly single/divorced guys to make any progress here. Thank you!
 BeachBikeHike
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/16/2014 2:12:43 PM

I have three degree's

Hmmm evidently no degree involved basic English courses? Plurals require no apostrophe.
 Forums_only
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/16/2014 4:54:01 PM
So now you can remove some the lists and add those specific examples in your Interests field.
 tatersprout
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/17/2014 2:17:58 PM

I have returned myself to separated ...Posted: 10/16/2014 153 PM

Marital Status Single ...viewed 10/17/2014 5:14 PM

I thought all Associates and Bachelors Degrees required English Comp...maybe that's just here in the U.S.

*I'm dyslexic, too. It comes in different forms, but I pride myself on proper grammar and writing skills, and I work at it.
 BeachBikeHike
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/17/2014 4:16:14 PM
Last time I checked, dyslexia was NOT an excuse for missing a word in the Scripps-Howard Spelling Bee.

Nope! They just ring that buzzer for WRONG!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Constructive Feedback Welcome