Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > let me know where I need improvement please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Thomas8982
Msg: 1
view profile
History
let me know where I need improvement pleasePage 1 of 1    
Hello. Thank you in advance to whom ever reads this and leaves advice. I've reached out to a lot of women on here both single with no kids and single with kids and haven't got a single response yet. Please let me know where I'm doing good and what needs improvemen . Again thank you.
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 2
let me know where I need improvement please
Posted: 10/16/2014 8:27:05 AM
Hi Thomas. You need better photos and recent ones including full body shots. It looks like a round up of selfies. You should put the date on them. You have some clean cut photos and others with a beard and one with what looks like a hickey on your chest.

You have no interests. No interests = no conversation. Those women you're messaging have nothing in common with you because you have no interests so there's no reason for them to respond. Interests are searchable so you're missing out on a bunch of searches. See if you can figure out at least 9 interests. You have a dog. Do you like any sports teams? Do you like to visit any cities or countries? Do you like any specific foods? Do you like to hike? Swim?

You have email restrictions set up. Most men don't get so many messages that they can't screen them as they come in and women tend to not bother messaging men who have restrictions up, especially the ones with age restrictions. A woman your age will think you're looking for a younger woman and not bother.

Your profile is a start. This is your opportunity to sell yourself so put some thought into it, the things you'd like to do on a date, what its like hanging out with you. Good luck.
 tatersprout
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/16/2014 10:50:02 AM
Hi Thomas,

2 selfies wit no shirt and pics of you with some funky chin hair....
Your daughter is looking for dates, too?

Fill out the interest list. you have that stuff kind of listed down below.

About me is a block of text that looks like it took 3 minutes to write.
You need to show more effort here.
You've had your heart ripped out...good for a potential date to know. Not.

avoid cliches:

down to earth
very understanding
patient
know how to love unconditionaly.
got a big heart
fun, sweet, romantic, loving
know how to treat a woman right

Show personality and energy.
Don't talk about getting physical with her when you haven't yet met.
Talk more about you.
Tell about the type of woman you're attracted to.
Keep it light and add some fun.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/16/2014 11:03:24 AM
Thomas8982...welcome to the Profile Reviews forum.
My first suggestion is to immediately discard the shirtless pics.
They are against POF terms of service and could get your account nuked. Rebuilding a profile is a hassle.

Have a friend take two dozen well-lit, OUTDOOR, crisp photographs using a high-quality digital camera...which is preferred over a fuzzy cellphone. This is primarily due to better ergonomics and superior capability of a camera to process available light. Include a variety of backgrounds, activities, and various articles of clothing to add greater interest. Have both close-ups and full-body images. Upload the best images of the bunch. Ensure you continue to date and caption each...to make them more entertaining to read. Good luck with your romantic search. :-)
 BeachBikeHike
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/16/2014 3:46:11 PM
Punctuation! You should try it sometime.
 tennistown
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/16/2014 5:06:19 PM

Please let me know where I'm doing good and what needs improvemen .

I will address what needs improvement.

All in all I just want to love and be loved, but the unconditional type because that's what I have to offer.

I think you need to
back the love boat
away from the dock
Captain.

It is too much, too soon,
to be talking of "unconditional love."
Take her out to eat before playing the "love" card.
Keep it close to the vest until that special time is right.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > let me know where I need improvement please