Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Anyone care to help me out and give a quick review?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Donaldhino1
Msg: 1
Anyone care to help me out and give a quick review?Page 1 of 1    
Hello, so just recently updated my profile to try out POF again. My constant problem is getting girls to respond with messages. I usually can get a decent amount (~75%) to visit my profile but the responses are lacking. So I assume my profile isn't the greatest?

Any help would be great!
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
Anyone care to help me out and give a quick review?
Posted: 10/16/2014 9:45:02 PM
You are pretty cute, so your main photo should be a shoulders up clear smiling headshot, no bathroom selfies.

When they open your profile, they may see the child and not want to get involved. For a dozen reasons, it's not a good idea to have your photo gallery include an underage child on these sites. Perhaps swap that one out.

I enjoyed the read and preferred longer profiles when I was looking. Unfortunately many young women are viewing these on a little cellphone app and won't read the whole thing. If you decide to surgically edit the profile body, perhaps lose some of the work-related stuff. I did especially laugh at the loud people training.

Hopefully your messages are only 3-4 lines, no fluff, specific to one topic in her profile and include only one question so she has an easy way to respond IF she chooses. I believe you have huge potential here but will need patience and a continued sense of humour. Good luck.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/16/2014 11:10:35 PM
Hi OP, I was 20 minutes into breaking it down for you and lost it, only have time to hit the points, sorry.

Your opener if I recall correctly is what I call thinking out loud. delete

There is WAY too much space wasted on the job, they can see what you do for a living at the top. Delete ALL of that, save it for after contact is made.

Witt and humor need to be displayed, proclaiming it won't cut it, you are just another BSer on POF if you can't prove it to be true. Delete witty, dry/sarcasm and SHOW them the wit/dry! Sarcasm is best not attempted at ANY time in text.

You were more creative than most with asking them to message you, I was impressed. But I still wouldn't recommend doing that, write a great profile and you won't need to ask, they will.

Best wishes

Jerry
 Ouija2025
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/17/2014 5:52:28 AM
Hi Donny,
You are a handsome Man, yet we can only see you in two photos, the Paris one on my phone too dark to be of any use.
Remove all the negative parts ( you think Engineers boring, etc)
I think you should lead with your sentence about being Italian.. that made me smile. We can already see what you do for work so no need to open with that.
Do you go up to women in clubs/parties and start talking about how engineers aren't really dull? No
Try to avoid tired cliches, you actually painted a pretty good picture :)
Best of luck Doll
 kerplunked
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2014 7:45:39 AM
I think your photos are good.

Forensic engineer. Does what you do relate to crime, if not - how is it forensic?
There are a couple of typos in the profile but I think it is generally good. Main one is 'suites' should be 'suits'.
Maybe make it a little shorter.
Also, it sounds like you don't want to talk to any woman who doesn't sail or isn't prepared to.
They may think that they wouldn't like it but come round to it in time?
 tatersprout
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/18/2014 3:50:21 PM
^^^he explained it:

I am a civil engineer and currently do forensic work. Basically I go to sick buildings and structures and figure out how to fix them.

Hi Donny,

I think you should delete the "new car" pic as it's too far away to be of use. The camera loves you...all you need is some better quality photos.

Don't open with your job; move that paragraph farther down.
Start off with something about you that will grab her attention.

Take this stuff out; some is negativity and some is cliche here:

You may have read engineer and thought I must have no personality.
I am pretty laid back/easy going - I rarely stress and almost never show my emotions. If I'm upset its for a good reason.

You have a pretty solid profile and it's well written.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/18/2014 9:23:50 PM
Your current pictures are not doing justice. You look like a handsome guy that has been caught in awful photos.

The text itself was fine, but maybe you should switch up the order. I found the paragraph describing your work to be interesting since I've never heard of a forensic engineer, but other ladies might zone out with you talking about work right off the bat. Maybe start with something relatable to a larger audience, like being Italian. You cook and enjoy wine; that is a strong selling point for some women.

If you're willing to take the bait, I think you'll find the catch of the day.
This was cheesy, but I have to say I loved it. I'm a sucker for puns and I don't mind fish-related humor on a profile, as long as it's minimal.

Overall, I would actually message/reply to you if you lived in my area. You've got just a splash of nerdiness, but don't fit in the anti-social nerd archetype. While I like my guys a little nerdy, maybe the women you keep messaging do not.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Anyone care to help me out and give a quick review?