Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has anyone had success on here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alanj805
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Has anyone had success on here?Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
My definition of "success" as far as using these sites go would be if I was able to connect and set up meets with interesting people (which worked great with POF as well as Match and OKC). What happens after the first meets has little to do with the site itself but maybe more a combination of your picker or something about your approach.
 SD2131
Msg: 3
Has anyone had success on here?
Posted: 10/22/2014 1:11:20 PM
Yes, i believe I-dating works if you`re realistic and understand a relationship is a 50/50 partnership... I wish you the very best...
 HotNSC123
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 1:14:35 PM
Well, it depends on what your definition of success is? Some view success as obtaining dates, friends, activity partners, LTR's, or sexual partners. So, it's all depended upon what one is after. Judging by your profile, your after an LTR?

If that's the case, it's been my experience at least, that it is likely to take a bit longer than a few months to get what you seek, as you will meet a lot of "Mr wrongs", before you find a connection. But, yes, there is success to be had here. It just takes time and continuing to put yourself out there.
 Dee4166
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 1:17:24 PM
Nope,never,in fact,this is where HOPE comes to DIE!!!!

LOL j/k

Or am I?

It's a numbers game imo,if you keep plugging away at it and can summon up an enthusiastic tone when you ask yet another guy, for the umpteenth number of times...

So...what do YOU do for a living? OR What do you do for fun? Or, Have you had any success on POF....or.....insert non-invasive,as it's a first date, question here about him personally, such as Do you have siblings? If so, how many? etc. ad nauseum...rinse and repeat...

etc.

IF you can manage that and have "an upbeat positive attitude, and LOVE Life"...there's actually quite a choice of men that are looking for that...As long as you're NOT fat...my impression is,and this is JUST my impression, a lot of guys will put up with a bunny-boiling psycho HOSEBEAST, as long as she's "hawt"...LOL

In all seriousness, it IS a numbers game and if you're feeling discouraged then you can go to the testimonials thread and peruse and read all about all of the , supposedly, "happy couples" that met right here on POF...

Good luck in the pond...
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/22/2014 1:26:31 PM
POF has been a source of remarkable dating success for me. I can't say enough positive things.
One of the most spectacular and loving relationships of my entire life was found at this very site.
 averagewhitechick
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/22/2014 2:13:38 PM
If you're basing it solely on the ability to get a date on POF, I've had a ton of success. Unfortunately, most of them were only 1 or 2 time dates. Most of the men where I live in my age group aren't looking for relationships so I think that's where most of my problem lies.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/22/2014 2:31:33 PM
it's too soon for me to remark.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/22/2014 2:42:48 PM
I have had quite a few dates.
Like others most do not go beyond one or two.

Certainly I have met many, many more men for a date via an internet dating scenario than in real life.
I rarely meet age and otherwise appropriate single men in real life. None of my friends know any single men. Lots and lots of married men... "The world is full of married men'?

I did meet a man on a different site and we lived together for 18 months.

Would I call this success?
Maybe yours and my requirements are rare and difficult to find.
 Iam_RFSF2014
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/22/2014 2:44:38 PM
PoF was my first venture into OLD 4.5 years ago and through this place, I met a guy who I fell in love with and was with for 2.5 years.

Since then? Well, lightening hasn't struck again like THAT but ... I've used this and other sites to continue to meet people (which is my only 'goal' really in terms of what I want from an OLD site). So I'd say yes, it has been a 'success' for me.

I agree with whom ever it was that said once you have real life contact, where/how you met does not really seem that important anymore.

I'm currently getting to know someone I met via Match. I would recommend not just limiting oneself to one OLD site and (of course) not to make OLD your only window to a social world.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 4:00:35 PM
Yes absolutely had lots of success from POF!!

I've had many, many dates and several LTRs, most current of which is my GF of 5+ years. She is awesome and I met her right here on POF!!

It does work!!
 Olympian2121
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/22/2014 4:07:19 PM
I'd say I've had good success. I've been on many dates because of this site, and while many didn't last, a few did, but most importantly , I met my current girlfriend online and we've been together for a year now and have a little one on the way.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/22/2014 4:15:28 PM

Posted by Olympian2121 who joined POF on 09/21/2014:
"...I'd say I've had good success. I've been on many dates because of this site, and while many didn't last, a few did, but most importantly , I met my current girlfriend online and we've been together for a year now and have a little one on the way..."

Your profile is truly puzzling...just created a few weeks ago while you have a girlfriend and newborn infant on the way.
One would think a man would mention something like that in his profile if he was here with a NEW profile. Hmmm.
 sigungq
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 4:36:09 PM
OP, you are lucky to even get messages........... OH wait you're a woman.......... OK scratch that.......... As a man, I'm lucky to get one response to a message when sending out messages daily for about 3 years now. In fact, in 3 years, I only ever got one response, and that's about as far as it went. There were other responses that don't count, as they were to fellow forumers, and they are at quite a distance from me, so I guess they thought it was safe to respond.

Anyway, just keep responding to all those messages, and I'm sure you'll find the right one.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 5:12:50 PM
Yes, but it took a lot longer than a few months.

I met about 70 men over 2.5 years, and most of them were just one date. Then I met my fiancé. He lived 200 miles away, and but for OLD, I would have missed out on the best relationship of my life.
 Olympian2121
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/22/2014 5:40:45 PM
Yes, truly puzzling......

Actually, I've been on the forums for a long time, and I recently made a new one to come back to the forums. Just copy and pasted my old zoosk profile , and with no pictures I don't get messages , so I don't feel the need to specify that im not looking to date since I don't message or get messages.
I was on before here and im sure people would recognize me on the forum if I put a picture .

Trust me. I'm glad my dating life is over..... (knock on wood!) I don't want to go back to it. Though it was fun.

I will add, though that after my friends introduced me to pof, my dating adventures got a lot more frequent and interesting.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/22/2014 6:11:32 PM
^^^

Fair enough and spoken like a gentleman.
Congratulations on the good news as well.
 basilisk123
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2014 6:52:55 PM
Nope no success whatsoever.

I don't know what I was thinking to give online dating a try. It has been the final nail in the coffin of my already weakened confidence. I wasn't attractive enough for women in the real world, and now I know I am definately not attractive enough for the online dating world. I just gave up looking for a woman after that. The fustration of dating and always being not good enough for women made me rethink my priorities. I found that chasing women was way more trouble than they were worth because it felt impossible that any woman would feel anything for me.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/22/2014 9:04:29 PM
I have succeeded in becoming a hermit. Does that count?
 petula1908
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/22/2014 9:24:37 PM
70 men over two years wow!! I cant imagine even finding that many interesting enough to date once. However I do know a gal who has met about 500 she reckons and not a single success.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/22/2014 10:27:47 PM
I have 'met' more than 600 men now over the last 10 years since my divorce.
When in full flight have had up to 4 first meets a week.
Average 1-2 dates or meets a week when looking.

Out of those 600 odd, 3 have been real life introductions.
One a neighbour and 2 via boats.
So about 0.5% from real life vs 99.5% from online.
My success rate? Longest live together relationship: 18 months - from on line.
The great majority 1 short first meet.
A few up to 3 months.

A few friends / mates for 3-5 years - not romantic even though they and I are single.

So how do you define success?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/23/2014 1:21:47 AM

Posted by ozsealady1:
"...I have 'met' more than 600 men now over the last 10 years since my divorce.
When in full flight have had up to 4 first meets a week.
Average 1-2 dates or meets a week when looking..."

Do these numbers include our torrid transoceanic love affair? ;-)
Just for kicks I will have to try and determine my number of meets.
It truly is exhausting when in "full-flight" dating mode, huh?
 south_city
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/23/2014 6:08:25 AM
On POF, I had a handful of first dates / meetings. On Match, I had a lot more first dates including a couple of short term relationships. In general, I think most of the time there won't be a second date even when a first date goes well. Even many people that had a LTR from a dating site probably had many first dates / meetings that went nowhere.
 Iam_RFSF2014
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/23/2014 6:44:16 AM

Yes, but it took a lot longer than a few months.

I met about 70 men over 2.5 years, and most of them were just one date. Then I met my fiancé. He lived 200 miles away, and but for OLD, I would have missed out on the best relationship of my life.

LiliMarleen's story is one of my VERY FAVORITE PoF success stories :) A story of persistence and a positive (but realistic) attitude. BTW -- If you google Should You Date Online and her name, you can find a place that offers a whole lot of great advice for making this work.
 weathervanes
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2014 8:57:34 AM
Nope, been here a long time and never met a soul.
 hemingway114
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/23/2014 9:54:25 AM
The vast majority of your meets will not go very far, if you are doing it right... you will not have many multiple dates with the same person. This makes perfect sense. You are ultimately only looking for one person.

A lot of your experience depends on you relationship/dating skills - primarily, how good your gut feelings are, and how well you listen to that intuition... and how positive you are. I've had a pretty good run for a man.

I had 28 meets from POF.... ran into many broken hearts, women on the rebound and just poking it with a stick, not ready for love yet - but nice ladies, just the same. Made a few friends along the way. Had some wonderful and funny dating bloopers... like the time I invited a lady to meet me at a resturant that was closed... the resturant and parking lot had no lighting, and was dark as a back-alley on the wrong side of town! With another lady, we were cutting up so loudly in the resturant we were in, the waitress threatened to kick us out! Fun times! No daters were harmed in the making of these escapades!

Met some real beauties too... one lady was a dead-ringer for Uma Thurman. Another looks like Mary-Louise Parker, and I'm still dating her ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has anyone had success on here?