Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > What's wrong with my profile?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 freethinker517
Msg: 1
What's wrong with my profile?Page 1 of 1    
I've messaged a bunch of women and have been on pof for a few months. So far only one has responded and the conversation didn't go very far. Is there something wrong with my profile or am I just having extremely bad luck?
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
What's wrong with my profile?
Posted: 10/25/2014 10:22:08 PM
Well, you do drugs and are into BDSM. Either of those on their own would probably be dealbreakers for many, but together is probably a fatal combination. Anyway...

I expect the 'drugs' you are talking about is probably weed? If yes, put "420" in your Interests field. You will be able to search for others with the same interest when you do that. Also put BDSM in your Interests field for the same reason. Personally I wouldn't put anything to do with sex in a profile at this stage, but it sounds like it's going to be a regular lifestyle thing for you. There are other sites that are specifically designed for those people with specific kinks that may be more suitable for you.

The two selfie photos can go. They are off centre, badly lit and you're not smiling. Add a shoulders up smiling head shot and more photos of you that are not selfies.
 freethinker517
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/25/2014 10:34:46 PM
Fair enough. Changed that. What else?
 Ainen
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/26/2014 11:13:29 AM
Your profile says you don't do drugs. Dishonesty and inaccurate settings are dealbreakers for sensible people.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/26/2014 6:39:00 PM
^^ I agree.

The BDSM has also gone.

Please be honest in your profile.
If you are seeking someone for BDSM please make that clear.
 2015LadyLove
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/26/2014 6:59:48 PM
Please, please put your specific lifestyle needs in your profile.

There is a language to what you are looking for and others find a way to put in their profile.
"I am looking for a woman who cherishes my leadership"
"I am a strong man and prefer to lead the relationship"
"I am looking for a woman who longs to serve."

Pick one!
 freethinker517
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/26/2014 8:42:37 PM
I'm not seeking someone for BDSM. That's just a passing interest of mine that I want to explore a little bit more. I only added it a few days ago and have taken it down because I don't think it's that important to the formation of a relationship. Besides, I can just use fetlife for that stuff. And I only smoke like once a month. Can't really be considered casual usage, so I took it down as well. I really don't see what the big deal is.
 tennistown
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/27/2014 12:24:12 PM

I've messaged a bunch of women and have been on pof for a few months.

According to your join date,
you have been here for forty days.
Often, these things take time.

I think your "Main" picture is a problem.

Too casual. Looks like your wearing
pajama bottoms and a goofy T-shirt
while out in a very public setting.

I suggest a new photograph
for your "first impression."
You want to show your best picture, yes?

RainTree46
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/27/2014 5:40:11 PM
profile pic is his best one.

and he should keep bdsm up if he wants to have that kind of relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > What's wrong with my profile?