Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Revisión de perfil / Reviwe profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ScooterSB
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Revisión de perfil / Reviwe profile Page 1 of 1    
I do hope there are some spanish speakers that can help, good luck :)
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Revisión de perfil / Reviwe profile
Posted: 10/27/2014 6:35:12 PM
I only know how to order drinks in Spanish, so this may not be as thorough as you'd like...

You have that you are looking for "Friends". Women already have friends. You may get better results using "Dating".

You completely missed the Interests field. This is where you put at least 6 things that describe your favourite things - food, music, holiday spot, sport or team, author... show your personality and humour in this field so your viewer will want to read more.
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/27/2014 9:46:07 PM
I'll give it a shot even though its been many years since I lived in Madrid.

I think its kind of interesting that people who speak other languages still have to fill out the POF questionnaire in English. You say English is your second language so - no voy escribir en espanol. My keyboard doesn't have the little symbols anyway.

You say you want a relationship but then in another section you say you want friends. Friends. Amigos. Amigos in Spanish doesn't always mean what we refer to as friends in English. If I recall my slang translation amigos also means people who sleep together. So you might want to get that fixed and change friends to dating. Or maybe not. Depends on your intent.

You didn't answer the question do you have a car. What's the secret? The answer is either yes or no. I dated a Spaniard who didn't have a car. At 21 he couldn't afford one yet. He had a motorcycle. If you get around town on your motocicleta, put it in your About Me. A woman is going to want to know how you'll pick her up for dates.

At your age you're undecided if you want children? I'm kind of surprised because generally Spanish people just love children. If you don't want them, answer the question no. A woman in her 30's knows that answer and is looking for a man who's on the same page as her when it comes to children.

In your About Me, you say you're a tall uncle. I'm not quite sure I get that. Or want to get that. We get it that you're tall because you answered the height question, so no reason to repeat it.

You missed the Interest section, though you have written many interests in your About Me, especially music. You can put in the interests the type of animals you like and the 80's and 90's musicians you like. Try to come up with about 12 interests.

There's nothing about your About Me that jumps out. In fact you say you're a normal, average guy and kind of challenge the woman to see that for herself. Come on man. Spanish men are romantic. You can do better than that. Write about the things you're passionate about besides music. Talk about the places you'd like to go with your date and some activities the two of you can do together. Put her in the picture with you.

You skipped the first date plans section entirely. Put something in there even if its going for café con leche.

Good luck. Maybe someone else who knows Spanish can chime in here.
 tennistown
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/28/2014 1:24:54 PM

Me gustaría que le echarais un vistazo a mi perfil y me dijerais cómo puedo mejorarlo.

Hola OP,
My two years of High School Spanish classes, seem so long ago.
I do remember the teacher though....
She was taller than you might expect.
Long black straight hair, big brown eyes with a slim build.
When she leaned back, her body curved like a sliver of a waxing moon.

After "reading" your profile,
I was only able to deduce a few short facts.

You were born in a small village
and now ride a burro to work each day.
You play string instruments, mostly 80's tunes.
Creamed corn with bologna are your favorite foods.
Your father was a macho man, and taught you to shave with a straight razor.

I suggest adding more detail about you.
And,
writing an English translation below
to eliminate any possible misinterpretation.
Adios!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Revisión de perfil / Reviwe profile