Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > should ugly people be online?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RainTree46
Msg: 1
should ugly people be online?Page 1 of 1    
should ugly people be online with profiles? or is it a complete waste of time?

it seems like everyone looks at the photos and a lot of times doesn't even read the text. and how do you put down who you WONT go out with without sounding judgemental?
 RainTree46
Msg: 2
should ugly people be online?
Posted: 10/27/2014 5:18:46 PM
been online for a year-ish this time around and haven't found more than a small handful of men I was interested in meeting.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/27/2014 6:04:49 PM
Are you asking for a profile review ? Asking from people you have already deemed judgemental?
Are you calling yourself or other ugly?
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/27/2014 6:24:13 PM
I'm guessing Aspergers?
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/27/2014 6:25:45 PM

how do you put down who you WONT go out with without sounding judgemental?
By putting down who you will go for. "I am looking for someone who maintains an active lifestyle" = "no fatties". If someone who is not attractive still sends a message, ignore them. Getting messages from people you are not interested in is part of online dating and life in general.

Or maybe not say anything. Vague words can often be misinterpreted. I recently read a profile of a guy who said he is only into women that look like him. I wasn't sure if he was referring to ethnicity or body type. I didn't message him to find out.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/27/2014 6:27:43 PM
Hi Rain, your profile isn't terrible, but is missing a few key elements. Next, your pictures are terrible, but I can still tell you are FAR from ugly honey, get some better ones.

hi. I am on here to see if anyone sparks interest.

This is what I call painfully obvious, we are all here for the same reason. delete

I'm cool with finding friends to hang out with also, because I have barely any.

No no Rain, keep it positive and upbeat. delete

I like outdoors, camping, and crafty stuff.

These are interests, it is okay to have them here but it ISN'T okay to simply list them. Be SPECIFIC and give us DETAILS. delete unless you can expand upon them and add them in the interests section if not already there.

oh, and I bike everywhere and have been doing so for years now, but I'm hella weak so I cant keep up with those speedo wearing guys lol.

Be confident in your humor, lose the lol

ok so I've been getting like 15 email s a day from plenty of fish saying that this guy or that guy wants to meet me... I'm going to start erasing those messages that are going to my email. so if you want to, just message me on this site instead.

Useless, delete

they made me select an ambitious level and doesn't even say what the ambitiousness is for.... ambitious to date? ambitious to earn money no matter who you have to kill?? ambitious for life ? what!!? LOL

Same as before, lose the lol

Pick what you believe to be your most unique personality traits and tell us about them in a well constructed sentence.

Do the same for the man you seek.

Best wishes

Jerry
 ScooterSB
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2014 1:28:18 AM
Your pictures all have weird filters so it is very difficult to tell if you are "ugly" or not.

Your text tells us very little about you and you list your profession as "whatever" this will be harming yoru chances more than your looks. Tell us about you, let us find out what an amazing and fun person you are in your text.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/28/2014 2:28:27 AM
Well it worked for me so it can work for anyone.
But then, I had a good profile. Yours, is pretty terrible.
Are you wanting help or just having a rant?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > should ugly people be online?