Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Curious what people think      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ScooterSB
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Curious what people thinkPage 1 of 1    
'Profession: unemployed' will probably be your biggest stumbling block on here. It's hard to change if you really have no job, but if you are studying in some way you could put student, or as you make music you could put music producer or something.

Your pictures are very dark and gloomy. Your pictures should show you AT YOUR BEST this is your one chance to make a great first impression. Think how you would want to be seen on a first date, when woman first walks in the door how are you going to look to make her think 'wow'. I would hope you would be dressed nice, smartly groomed with a nice friendly smile. Get some pictures of this, and then delete some of the not-smiling photos.

I like the text about music.

The text about your friends is ok, but delete the last part about them not being the easiest to get one with.

Talk about what attributes you find attractive in a woman. What is it like to date you? What does romance mean to you?
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Curious what people think
Posted: 10/28/2014 6:25:20 AM
So how can you afford weed and dinner dates if you're unemployed? Is it a temporary thing? If so, what do you normally do when you are working? Are you looking for work? Are you attending school or something? Just way too many unanswered questions that make it sound like you spend all day in your parents' basement in front of a computer. Rewrite?

A few more outdoor smiling photos would help.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/28/2014 8:51:33 AM
If I were your age, seeking a partner my age, and I saw this, I'd not give you a second of my attention, for obvious reasons. You absolutely need assembling; but it isn't anybody else's job to do it.

That's what I think.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/28/2014 10:15:08 AM
You smoke, youre currently unemployed, have no car, use drugs and are overweight. Those are alot of strikes. Perhaps getting your priorities in order would be a better idea than finding someone to date.
 tennistown
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/28/2014 2:07:02 PM

I'm honestly really curious to see what people think of my profile.

Your "About Me" and "First Date" sections end with peculiar sentences.

If you're offended easily or can't laugh at dark/morbid/crude humor then you'd have a hard time hanging with them, but hopefully you can at least ignore they're****ry.

And all I own is flannel and stupid t shirts so don't expect me to be too prettied up.

I suggest removal of these particularly offending sentences.
 HotNSC123
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2014 4:47:23 PM
I think you really need to start from scratch. Your whole profile gives off creepy, loner guy, who wears flannels for all occasions and laughs at really immature crude/morose subjects. Do you think women are attracted to any of that? Is that really the image you're going for? You're going about this like you're searching for another DUDE to hangout with. Do you want another guy friend or a woman who takes you seriously? Now, you may appeal to a very select few with your profile as it is, but you've certainly excludes probably about 95% of women contacting you.

The choice is really up to you whether you want to increase your chances on getting women to notice, but you've got to put effort into your profile, your appearance, and your attitude. Only you can do that.

If you want to take a serious crack at this, then checkout the profile tips in green. They are helpful.

Good luck, OP.
 gingersnapOH
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/28/2014 7:38:45 PM
Sitting in a park with a guitar may work to pick up chicks, but saying it on the intenet is a whole other story, I am afraid. I doubt that the "I am an unemployed musician who should be touring the world in a band' is really going to work. It is a nice fantasy, however.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/28/2014 8:05:48 PM
I agree the pictures need some work. The second one is terrifying.

Also, do emphasize what you ARE doing in terms of finding a job/career. Even if it's applying for crap minimum wage jobs to pay the bills or blindly sending out your demos in hopes of a gig, you want to appear to have some goals. "I'm still figuring out my long term plan, but for now I'm looking for a job to cover my bills." Or "I've auditioned for a few bands, trying to make my dream of being a rock star cone true."

If your friends are really that terrible, don't talk about them. I get the impression that if your future lady friend were to have an unpleasant time with your friends, you'd defend them instead of trying to make her comfortable.

And it's been a week. Online dating isn't insta-date; it takes time to find someone intriguing.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Curious what people think