Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ShesCountry14
Msg: 1
profile review pleasePage 1 of 1    
Just wondering what people think of my profile and what I can do to improve it. I message average looking guys that I find attractive but don't get any replies, I seem to only get messages from men that are not my type.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 2
profile review please
Posted: 10/28/2014 4:22:58 PM

Hi I been Single for awhile, looking to see who is out there.

As it is this is rather pointless, if it is important for you to say how long you have been divorced then be more specific. We are ALL here to see who is out there, delete that part it is painfully obvious why we are here.

Im an easy going person and very honest and loyal and alittle reserved till I get to know you.

Most of the people here are easy going, that means it makes you the same as many if not most others. The purpose of a profile if to tell us what makes you different than, not the same as. Honest and loyal are assumed givens, they are pointless, unless you do in fact know someone actually looking for disloyal and dishonest? Think of two that make you unique, then use them in a well constructed sentence

I would like to meet someone that wants to take the time to get to know each other and become friends first and hopefully become more.

cliche, delete

Someone that has some of the same interest that we can enjoy together or I am open to try new things.

Here again, this is pretty much what EVERYONE is looking for, making this useless. Think of 2 unique personality traits you find most attractive a man. Then as before use them in a well constructed sentence.

I like to travel or just take a road trip.

Too vague, travel where? Do what?

I like a variety of music but my favorites are Country and Christian.

Again, too vague, favorite artist maybe?

I really dislike the winters here so I like to stay in and cuddle with a good movie

Probably best to keep this under your lt until u find one you are sure you want to cuddle with. delete

Best wishes

Jerry
 Ouija2025
Msg: 3
profile review please
Posted: 10/28/2014 5:27:10 PM
The photo of the "saying" against site rules
Having massages in your Interests will just get you guys who want to hump and dump
And then, then you say cuddling.
Seriously, woman to woman - this screams needy.
I'd rethink how you want to rep yourself
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 4
profile review please
Posted: 10/28/2014 6:32:36 PM
Overall, looks fine to me, except that I do see that dreaded "must have a picture to contact this user" mail restriction. Not a fan, for obvious reasons. Age range could be a little wider, too.
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
profile review please
Posted: 10/28/2014 7:22:23 PM

Hi I been Single for awhile, looking to see who is out there. Im an easy going person and very honest and loyal and alittle reserved till I get to know you.I would like to meet someone that wants to take the time to get to know each other and become friends first and hopefully become more. Someone that has some of the same interest that we can enjoy together or I am open to try new things. I like to travel or just take a road trip. I like a variety of music but my favorites are Country and Christian. I really dislike the winters here so I like to stay in and cuddle with a good movie.

Nowhere here does it say what kind of men ARE your type. Unless you're targeting psychics, you need to give the poor **stards a few more clues.

Other than music, this profile is literally interchangeable with thousands of other women AND MEN on this site. Literally. Read it again.

Introduction messages should be 3-4 sentences at most, specific to one topic in his profile, light humoured, and include one question so he has an easy way to respond. You are definitely cute, it shouldn't be this hard for you. A little personality and humour will help.
 gingersnapOH
Msg: 6
profile review please
Posted: 10/28/2014 7:22:57 PM
fyi - there is nothing 'dreaded' about the mail restriction of wanting people to have a picture to contact you. It just means you expect men not to be cheating to be contacting you. That is all.

As for your profile, it is extremely boring. There is no personality to it whatsoever. Who are you? What do you like to do? Do you really want guys contacting you asking to snuggle? I think probably not. Take the cuddling part out, asap.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 7
profile review please
Posted: 10/28/2014 9:00:39 PM
fyi - there is nothing 'dreaded' about the mail restriction of wanting people to have a picture to contact you. It just means you expect men not to be cheating to be contacting you. That is all.

fYi, that is not all.

Having a picture does not guarantee someone is not cheating. There have been married people on here with pictures in the past and there are probably some right now.

One woman I talked with was contacted by the husband of a co-worker of hers (he apparently didn't recognize her from the company Xmas party, or didn't think she would recognize him), and his wife had taken the pictures he was using on POF and 2 other sites.

It's "dreaded".

And stick to the reviews of the profiles, not critiques of other reviewers.
This is "Profile Review", not Profile Reviewers Review.

Best of luck, OP.
 Ainen
Msg: 8
profile review please
Posted: 10/29/2014 6:19:20 AM
Your text is awful. In addition to the clich├ęs, you have many errors in spelling / grammar/ punctuation. I don't blame the gentlemen who don't answer you.

The two things that stand out are not drinking and being country in NY state.

The pictures of you are good enough. The image containing text is not appropriate and it has some errors. Just seeing such an image creates an immediate negative impression. It would be good to add photos of you doing the interesting activities in your interests list. Prove you're country with photos doing country stuff!

The reason I don't like "must have a picture" is the site automatically attaches all of a user's images to the initial email. The conversation will be clogged up with images along with "Dear username, the following photos are attached because you have the picture setting..." When I've tried to deselect any images, the site sends me to an upgrade page, so sending a subset of all images seems to be a paid feature. The only alternative is to hide photos, and I'm not doing that just to send someone a message. Best if you remove the picture restriction and screen the messages yourself.
 gingersnapOH
Msg: 9
profile review please
Posted: 10/29/2014 5:36:36 PM
^^^lol. that is priceless.

Actually, I was not reviewing someone else's review. Someone made a comment about how wanted a picture is 'dreaded' and that is shouldn't be in a profile, and how that it needs to be taken out. I was putting my two cents in about how it is not necessarily that bad. Indeed, people may have pictures and be married. 100% of the men without pictures who have contacted me are in fact married. Just going by my own personal statistics.

I have been doing profile reviews for a couple of years now, and from what I can tell, people comment all the time on what other people say. Like, "yes, what all the others say", or, "I disagree with what so and so said, I say keep the part about, xyz". That is the part about having a profile review. It is very subjective to each person. The person who is asking for the review gets to look at what we all think and make a decsion.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 10
profile review please
Posted: 10/30/2014 2:47:20 AM
The "user must have a picture" filter was dreaded to me. It's fine in principle but it is so horribly implemented. It means that when you send a message, all of your photos are attached to that message. So when you look at your sent items, or when you receive a reply, you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to read the reply. If you have 5 or 6 pics, that can be 5 or 6 pages of scrolling.

Very very annoying. And that is why I personally would say get rid of that filter. Not because having a pic means you're less likely to be married, but because the feature is terribly implemented on this site.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review please