Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > :D Review please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 devinfth
Msg: 1
:D Review pleasePage 1 of 1    
Just curious to what people think.I know it's not the best but i feel like i covered most the stuff i wanted to.Anyways if you could give a guy some pointers or advice i would greatly appreciate that :) thank you.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
:D Review please
Posted: 10/29/2014 2:53:54 AM
It's not the worst, either... :)

Your main pic breaks POF rules, which state no bare torsos. It is a shame because you have a nice smile, but this can get your photo uploading privileges removed, or your profile nuked. In fact all of your other photos are terrible. Delete them ALL and get some better ones. "But I don't have any" I hear you cry... well GET some. Like the main, but with a shirt.

No need to repeat your name, it already says "about Devin".

Saying you're going to be moving abroad is going to severely hamper your chances on here. Nobody wants to start a relationship with someone who will shortly be moving overseas.

First date, trim it. Lose the negative first part, and the indecisive last part - the middle bit is good. But, be aware most women will want to feel safe on a first meet with some dude off the internet (who could be an axe murderer), and suggesting an empty beach or deserted hiking path would set off alarm bells.
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
:D Review please
Posted: 10/29/2014 6:23:58 PM
HERE IS YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD

I use to have a really long and detailed profile written but i recently edited it and removed about half of it.I get a few messages a week but none of them seem interested in me or we are so extremely different it would never work.Yeah i know some people may say "how do you know it wont work out if you dont try?!" Well for starters the average person does not interest me at all.I have aspergers and find it very hard to connect with people that don't share similar interests as me.I don't want to sound like a picky ***hole and give the wrong impression .I have met a few people who are really awesome and have made it worth the effort of making this.I find it hard to build longer lasting relationships with women now a days.I am not mad at that, i know that if a person feels they are connected more with another person than there is nothing wrong with that.It's a part of growth.I could use some pointers on how better express this.Usually when i try to i ramble on and on (like above paragraph) and the message just gets lost.I do not have a lot of pictures, i know thats a lame excuse and i should have way more but really...i don't take pictures hardly ever.I don't know what else to really say besides thank you for your time :)]

I had read your profile earlier and would not have picked up the Aspergers, and normally I see them coming a mile away. I'm was married to an Aspy (26yrs) and am the mom of a young man also with the syndrome. Your language is very clear in your profile about who you are and what you are looking for. The photos are good enough, but I'd crop the parrots to above the nip line. (That's the part that can get you in trouble)

If you have a specific interest, mention this as a note in your profile. Your viewer does not need to share all your interests, or even your primary interest, but needs to know that it's important to you.

Do you tell your dates you have Aspergers? Most people don't know what it is, or how to communicate with someone who has the syndrome. I know I had to learn a whole new way of communication when I was first dating my late husband.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > :D Review please