Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I guess it's my turn for a review...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SLCLBJ1989
Msg: 1
I guess it's my turn for a review...Page 1 of 1    
I'm pretty bad at this. I've completely revamped my "About Me" section everyday since I've been here. I don't really have any of my interests in that section. I don't know how to do that without it sounding like a laundry list. And we already have the "Interests" section anyway. Is there a way to add them to the "About Me" section too without it being redundant?

I mostly tried to focus on what my goals are on this site. I feel like that section along with the "First Date" section should give a good portrait of my personality. At least I'm hoping it did.

So... is it the worst profile of the week or just the worst of tonight?
 irishgirl772
Msg: 2
I guess it's my turn for a review...
Posted: 10/30/2014 9:28:11 PM
Using blah, blah blah in your profile sounds lazy, like you dont want to be bothered writing anything.
You need more and better pics. Expand your age range. 18-26 is too narrow for someone 25. Will you really not consider anyone more than 1 yr older than you?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/30/2014 9:56:18 PM
My suggestion is to eliminate all inbound email restrictions. They are unnecessary for men. Screen via your inbox.
Listing an age requirement of 18-26 y.o. also successfully turns-off the 24 y.o. who might have otherwise written to you.
She will be thinking you are simply holding-out for the next 19 y.o. hottie coming down the pike. Good luck.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/31/2014 2:21:43 AM
Your primary objective should be fixing your awful photos. The main is small and blurry. 2nd one is old and has some chick draped over you. 3rd is a bathroom selfie REALLY?? Come on man you know these pics are rubbish so why don't you get some better ones?

Headline is dismissive and negative, not a good first impression.

DO NOT talk about exes or what type of girl you hang out with! Jeeze..... this is Dating 101 stuff bro.
You rant a lot about what you're looking for, but don't even talk about yourself.
It's called "about me", not "about you"! You need to get them interested in you!
 ScooterSB
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2014 4:51:20 AM
Delete and start again,

All you really do is talk about girls you like to date, you make very little mention of yourself.

Read these tips and follow them, give it another go and come back for another review....

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts1262627.aspx
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/31/2014 5:56:11 AM

Posted by scooterSB:
"Read these tips and follow them, give it another go, and come back for another review..."

OP, you can easily do that by returning here to THIS same thread and posting again to notify reviewers of changes.
 SLCLBJ1989
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/31/2014 7:45:20 AM
Okay thanks for the suggestions so far. I'm on my phone right now but I'll make changes when I'm on a desktop.

I'll expand more on the "About Me" section and cut a big portion from what I have and leave what's left for a second paragraph. I didn't want to put everything about me on there but after rereading it, I didn't really have much of anything about me.

I'll try to follow that guide more. However it seems like they want us to focus on describing our personality traits. Whenever I talk about myself I prefer to talk more so about what I believe in and what my ambitions and accomplishments are. But I know that the person who wrote it knows more than I do.

I'll try to get better photos over the weekend. The ones posted were just a few from Facebook. I suppose I could take a few selfies and post them. What are the unwritten rules on selfies though? Like how many should I have and any other general suggestions.

Also I didn't get any feedback about the "First Date" section. Are there any tweaks I can make to it?
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/31/2014 9:13:12 AM
My photo is a selfie. There is nothing wrong with selfies as long as they are good quality, good focus, you're smiling, good lighting with a decent background - the same advice as any other photo. The only extra "rules" are don't get the camera/phone in the picture and don't use a dirty mirror or a public bathroom. Obvious stuff really.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I guess it's my turn for a review...