Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OverthinkEverything
Msg: 1
Profile review!Page 1 of 1    
Opinions, I want them all.
It didn't let me post yesterday so I hope this is working.
200 character rule???
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
Profile review!
Posted: 10/31/2014 9:35:05 AM
2 dark, unsmiling, bad quality pics. Who are you trying to attract with these?
Edit: oh you just changed one to a smile. That would be a good pic if it were taken OUTDOORS! Natural light makes a much better pic than glare form a screen.

Not sure the username is that good.
Think of a better headline...
"Wants to date but nothing serious" will be taken by many women to mean you're looking for a one night stand. Is this true?

Get rid of the first line, sounds weak and indecisive. Those are not attractive traits.

List of adjectives, not a good plan. Better to show these things rather than list then. You're creative - what have you done that's creative? Give an example. Same for the others.

Your "strange example" makes you seem... strange.

The next paragraph sounds a bit demanding, you spend a lot of time telling them why they should NOT message you. Rather than saying what's not necessary, say that you are attracted to creative people.

Last line can go, it's pointless.
 tennistown
Msg: 3
Profile review!
Posted: 10/31/2014 11:06:40 AM
200 character rule???
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Yes, only 200 characters are needed to post a question.
Usually not a difficult task for someone intelligent.

Also, it's good practice. 200 characters would be
a nicely sized first email, to initiate an earnest reply.

About Kyle
I'm an intelligent person,.....

First Date
My brother started going to this airsoft gun thing. It's like paintball basically, you shoot each other around a bunch of obstacles. I haven't gone there yet but I'm going to soon so I'll totally take you there.

I wonder what is
the ratio of Ladies to Germs,
at the airsoft
shoot 'em up events?

I bet it's a helmet-fest.

Most women enjoy a snack,
something to drink,
and an entertaining conversation.

Instead of hunting humans.

Now, if you're looking for that elusive two percent
of the female population that likes to punish
opponents with an (airsoft) pistol, your first date idea is superb!

I suggest changing your "First Date" to something more.... inclusive.
 petula1908
Msg: 4
Profile review!
Posted: 10/31/2014 12:16:11 PM
Unlike others. I dont think that you want one night stands necessarily because you say you want to date but nothing serious.
You are young yet and of course you want to sample a few dishes. The smiling pic is a big improvement. I would also try to get a full length shot done outside somewhere.
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
Profile review!
Posted: 10/31/2014 6:37:55 PM
Your stats say you do drugs but don't smoke. Shoot heroin?

I'll wait for the edited version.
 gingersnapOH
Msg: 6
Profile review!
Posted: 10/31/2014 6:46:45 PM
You talk too much about being intelligent. It just comes off badly in an online profile. No one cares how old you were when you took calculus. Talk more about your interests instead of how smart you are.

You say you want someone creative, but then say it isn't necessary. Choose one. You can say I like artsy people, you don't have to say the 'it isn't necessary' part. It means that maybe an artsy girl might contact you, but you will have to put your foot forward and contact other types of girls.

You need better pics. I have a horrible flip phone that takes much better photos that that. So no excuses. Are you taking them in a dungeon?
 OverthinkEverything
Msg: 7
Profile review!
Posted: 11/2/2014 10:30:57 AM

Your stats say you do drugs but don't smoke. Shoot heroin?

I haven't done drugs in a pretty long time, but I'm not going to explain. I don't smoke cigarettes, there are other drugs other than the smokable stuff... I think I'll just put it as doesn't do drugs, I really just mean that I'm friendly to drug use, it doesn't bother me.
 OverthinkEverything
Msg: 8
Profile review!
Posted: 11/2/2014 10:33:59 AM
You talk too much about being intelligent. It just comes off badly in an online profile. No one cares how old you were when you took calculus. Talk more about your interests instead of how smart you are.

That was actually because of the suggestion of the first reviewer to back up the qualities I said I have with examples. I thought it sounded a little conceited too. Ok, good idea.

You say you want someone creative, but then say it isn't necessary. Choose one. You can say I like artsy people, you don't have to say the 'it isn't necessary' part. It means that maybe an artsy girl might contact you, but you will have to put your foot forward and contact other types of girls.

I don't see how removing the "it isn't neccessary" part would make more girls message me, rather than less.

You need better pics. I have a horrible flip phone that takes much better photos that that. So no excuses. Are you taking them in a dungeon?

This a review, not a bashing, if you want to be rude, go to YouTube or Reddit.
I'm taking them in my room because it's winter.
 OverthinkEverything
Msg: 9
Profile review!
Posted: 11/2/2014 10:36:57 AM

Edit: oh you just changed one to a smile. That would be a good pic if it were taken OUTDOORS! Natural light makes a much better pic than glare form a screen.

Not sure the username is that good.
Think of a better headline...
"Wants to date but nothing serious" will be taken by many women to mean you're looking for a one night stand. Is this true?

Get rid of the first line, sounds weak and indecisive. Those are not attractive traits.

List of adjectives, not a good plan. Better to show these things rather than list then. You're creative - what have you done that's creative? Give an example. Same for the others.

Your "strange example" makes you seem... strange.

The next paragraph sounds a bit demanding, you spend a lot of time telling them why they should NOT message you. Rather than saying what's not necessary, say that you are attracted to creative people.

Last line can go, it's pointless.

Made most of these changes, any other comments?

EDIT:
I see that I misunderstood this, you meant that I should write an about me that makes these qualities obvious, rather than stating them one by one... I'll see what I can do.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Profile review!
Posted: 11/2/2014 10:51:57 AM

You changed to 1 dark smiling, and one bright unsmiling.

Natural light is your friend! Have someone else take the photos, very few people can look good in a selfie.

Have a look on the 'ask a girl' forum on the thread you started about if smiling is important, general consensus is yes it is, yet your main still makes you look dull and boring.

There are 8 slots for pictures, fill them up 5-8 pictures are best, maybe some of you doing a hobby, or having fun at a party. Tell the story of you in 5-8 pictures.
 OverthinkEverything
Msg: 11
Profile review!
Posted: 11/2/2014 10:55:45 AM

You changed to 1 dark smiling, and one bright unsmiling.

Natural light is your friend! Have someone else take the photos, very few people can look good in a selfie.

Have a look on the 'ask a girl' forum on the thread you started about if smiling is important, general consensus is yes it is, yet your main still makes you look dull and boring.

There are 8 slots for pictures, fill them up 5-8 pictures are best, maybe some of you doing a hobby, or having fun at a party. Tell the story of you in 5-8 pictures.

Haha... I'm trying man, I'm a busy dude.

Thanks for being polite, unlike a lot of the posters.

I'll bug my brother about it lol.

I actually changed them because I get more views when I'm not smiling! lol...

That's a good idea, I didn't think about the fact that I could get a lot more into my pictures.
 gingersnapOH
Msg: 12
Profile review!
Posted: 11/2/2014 3:57:41 PM
It literally take 2 seconds to take a picture, then about 1 minute to upload them. You can say I am being unkind and bashing you, however that is not the case. I am giving you good advice. The super dark pictures look like you took them in a dungeon - no joke. I say no excuses, because people talk about needing a camera, blah blah blah, and I know for a fact that it isn't that hard to take a semi-okay picture with a bad phone. Because I do. So, again, no excuses. Or continue to use your excuses, but don't expect dates. And again - this is all being said very sincerely. I don't know the other sites you are talking about - so I don't know how mean people are to each other online. That isn't my intent. I am very to the point. And this is written, so you can't tell my intonation or how I actually feel by reading my words. Except to read the actually words - bad pictures, etc.
 Forums_only
Msg: 13
Profile review!
Posted: 11/2/2014 4:28:21 PM

I haven't done drugs in a pretty long time, but I'm not going to explain. I don't smoke cigarettes, there are other drugs other than the smokable stuff... I think I'll just put it as doesn't do drugs, I really just mean that I'm friendly to drug use, it doesn't bother me.

If you don't do drugs yourself and don't intend to, you are correct to change it. You could always add "420-friendly" in your Interests field to explain subtly that you don't mind if the potential mother of your future children does drugs.

Two of your photos still look miserable. You've already been told about how first impressions are important. Busy or not, get a family member/friend/co-worker/stranger in the grocery store take your photo. Tell them it's for Facebook or something if you're embarrassed. It's really that important.
 OverthinkEverything
Msg: 14
Profile review!
Posted: 11/2/2014 8:37:23 PM

If you don't do drugs yourself and don't intend to, you are correct to change it. You could always add "420-friendly" in your Interests field to explain subtly that you don't mind if the potential mother of your future children does drugs.

I see what you did there... lol. At 20 years old, I'm not looking for the future mother of my children lol... If that were the case drug use would not be acceptable.

Two of your photos still look miserable. You've already been told about how first impressions are important. Busy or not, get a family member/friend/co-worker/stranger in the grocery store take your photo. Tell them it's for Facebook or something if you're embarrassed. It's really that important.

Alright, alright lol... I took down the miserable-looking ones at least.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review!