Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review for me please?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Samlietxh
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile review for me please?Page 1 of 1    
Hello! Could I possibly get some one to review my profile please? I'm pretty awful at this online stuff. Obviously as I'm looking to talk to women more than guys I would prefer a woman to review. Of course gentlemen can feel free to comment as well since the extra eyes may just catch something that is confusing.

Yes, I'm aware it may not be good to start off with saying that I am not where my profile location says I am yet, but between now and when I show up I will be bouncing between Germany, Arizona, Texas, and then finally Florida. So I just thought I'd put the location to where I'll be living next to possibly start talking to people in the area. Thoughts?

Don't feel like you need to tip toe around with answers either, I prefer the blunt slightly painful responses more than the vague feel good answers. Thanks!
 Samlietxh
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Profile review for me please?
Posted: 11/1/2014 9:55:58 AM
Hey Jen,

And it's more just traveling due to work before I get to the next place. Haha.

And the negative comments were more from a few messages I've had in my time on here. I didn't think much of it until it started being brought up more and more...

And as of right now, I'm still freshly single from a bad split so I'm not going for a dating thing right now. So yes, friends would be great. But whenever I actually DO want to start getting into something I will probably change it up some. Unless I accidentally find someone I want to be with before I realize it in which case I'll probably just delete this then. No sense in keeping this if I start exclusively seeing a woman. And I think most women would have an issue with if I kept this after starting to date them? Idk. Just speculation there.

Thanks for the feedback! :)
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/1/2014 10:26:38 AM
It's really confusing.

"wants to date but nothing serious" is usually code for FWB/FBs. Most young women will delete on that alone.

"Friends" - don't you have friends? I know most girls do already, they're here looking for a romantic partner. There are so many other places to go to meet 'friends'. Are you contacting women who have "friends" in their intent instead of "dating"?

You don't live in the area you say you're in in your stats, but are going to be there next summer. This is November. Unless you are going to specify in your profile you are looking for penpals only, this is going to trigger a huge red flag for anyone reading that far. If you have to change locations frequently for your work, you may also want to mention that so someone looking to stay where they are doesn't waste their time. Although - if they are just 'friends', it probably doesn't matter.

In your profile you say you're open to something if the right girl comes along? But if that girl is looking for a relationship/dating, she's sure as heck not reading a 'nothing serious/friends' profile. Either that or if you DO end up meeting someone looking for 'friends' and you start getting all clingy on her, she's going to be really pissed. Do you not see how irritating and confusing mixed messages are? If you really don't know what you want, maybe you need to take a few months to figure out when you're going to be ready. Again, if you just want to meet friends, join a dart league, or bowling league, or whatever.

I don't know your geography, but if someone drives 75 miles in any direct from your home or wherever the computer thinks you live, are they not still in the US ? or the ocean? Email restrictions are a bit silly for guys, unless you are truly overwhelmed with incoming messages. And really, are YOU within 75 miles of where you say you are in your stats?

It just seems like a huge waste of time at this stage. Sorry, until you figure out if you just want penpals or are actually looking for something personal, there's just nothing else to suggest either way.
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/1/2014 10:28:28 AM

And as of right now, I'm still freshly single from a bad split

ps - your profile says you've been here since September 2013. Still 'fresh'? or just reactivated an old profile?
 Samlietxh
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2014 11:06:11 AM
THANKS!

That is definitely the kind of feedback I needed. I get what you mean with the very confusing things and contradictions. I'll definitely be sure to give a little more information like when I'll be moving there, and make it a little more clear that since I'm going to be new that I won't know anyone there. And I don't move around a lot per say. I've been in Germany for the past three years and am moving to Florida. The stops on the way are all just very brief so I didn't think it would make a lot of sense to set my location for there if I was only going to be there for two months or so.

Since I AM just looking for friends for right now what would you (or anyone else) suggest I put for my Intent? I don't think putting that I'm looking for a relationship would be a good idea, but putting that I'm not looking for anything makes it sound even more like I want FWB/FB kind of thing which also isn't really what I want.

Seriously, great points, thank you again. I'll be making a few changes for sure. :)
 Samlietxh
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2014 11:12:42 AM
Oh! And in reference to
Still 'fresh'? or just reactivated an old profile?
I created this during one of the hiccups of me and her being on and off and then I brought it back when it completely fell apart. Just since you asked, haha.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/1/2014 11:22:14 AM
Women already have friends
whatever possessed you to mention the bad split - remove that asap. No one wants to be the rebound/heart mender?blah blah.
Doubt you'll find too many who want to be pen pals on a dating site. Women are here looking to meet/date
 Samlietxh
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2014 11:30:20 AM

No one wants to be the rebound/heart mender?blah blah.

Valid point, see progress being made haha. I don't think about these little key things until someone points them out. And really the pen pals is more just to talk for now, when I get there, sure I'll meet people and maybe try a few dates, but I don't want people to find out the whole me not being there yet thing and think it's a red flag for this being some kind of fake profile. Thoughts on how to phrase that?
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/1/2014 12:17:17 PM
^^honestly, the "looking for friend" optioned the best for you, though people will misinterpret your intentions as looking for non-committal sex, which I think this is your goal.
 Samlietxh
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2014 12:22:48 PM
Well thats like, your opinion man. :P

But thanks I suppose.
 QuirkyTeacher
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/2/2014 7:43:07 AM
You're kinda smirking on your main photo and that can be taken a lot of ways. I usually take that expression in a photo to mean the guy's a douche. I know that can be completely false, but it is my impression. If you want to come off that way, keep it.

I like the head-shot where you're wearing all black. Maybe not that photo, since it's dark, but that facial expression seems friendly. Even better, show some teeth. Smile SMILE.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review for me please?