Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please review my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ScooterSB
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Please review my profile Page 1 of 1    
Hi,

Your pictures need to show you AT YOUR BEST especially your main, is a blurry diet coke cup the best first impression you want to make?

One of the biggest things women find attractive in a man is not looks, or money or sense of humour, it's confidence....

I'm awful at writing about me sections as i much prefer someone asking me questions rather than writing paragraph about my likes and dislikes,but here goes.

The first thing you say makes it sound like you have no confidence in yourself at all.

Rather than listing things you like talk in some detail about 3 or 4 things you are passionate about. Women love a man with passion.

These are some other good questions to answer in your profile:

What makes you special and unique?
Why should a woman date you over every other guy on this site?
What is the most exciting part of your life right now?
What attributes do you find attractive in a woman?
What is it like to date you?
What does romance look like for you?
 tatersprout
Msg: 3
Please review my profile
Posted: 11/2/2014 4:27:32 PM
Hi Shane,

Arms folded across chest is not inviting, can't see you in pic 2, and 3rd isn't good as Scooter mentioned.

Friends and family really aren't interests, they are filler b/c you couldn't think of real ones. What else do you do?

No need to say "I'm Shane" when it says that right above.

Grammar and sentence structure issues make you sound sloppy or lazy.

It's all rather cold...warm it up and talk to her as if she's in front of you.
 petula1908
Msg: 4
Please review my profile
Posted: 11/2/2014 7:35:20 PM
You look quite attractive but need to have a more open posture. Smiling and full length is always best.
You don't say what you are looking for in a woman and they wont bother to ask. Women are generally too busy fielding all sorts of requests to take the time to draw you out. Forget the comments about how hard you find it to talk about yourself etc. Keep the language positive and upbeat. Try to be a bit different, state what is unique about you. You need to stand out amongst the many many fish swimming in this big sea.
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
Please review my profile
Posted: 11/2/2014 8:07:18 PM
Hi, Shane - I like your main photo but not as a main, unless you can get it cropped from your shoulders up. I bet you look way cuter with a smile.

Some of your Interests are just too generic to be of use. "Cinema", for example. Do you watch action films? Tarantino films? or Indie films in foreign languages? What about a favourite food or cuisine? Holiday spot? Comedian? Dessert?? This is where you need to show personality and humour and the specifics can help set you apart from the generic herd.

You've already been given advice about the profile body itself. When you've done some editing, post back to this same thread for more feedback.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please review my profile