Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review Please?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TangoDown229
Msg: 1
Profile Review Please?Page 1 of 1    
OK, I've been on POF for quite awhile and while I have talked with a few ladies, there has never really been anything worthwhile to come from all the time and effort put into it. I have been told by more than a few ladies that my profile was very detailed and they loved that fact but apparently those haven't really gone anywhere wither so I'm bringing my profile here to see what the females think about it.

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=20083003
 JohnyJohn7
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Profile Review Please?
Posted: 11/4/2014 10:06:34 PM
I'd say it just need editing. You start off well but then it goes downhill. Its too long and there is too much negative stuff.
Cut out most (or all) of the stuff about what DON'T like.

"Undisclosed profession" - She's probably assume you don't have a job. Your call.

Stick to the things that you enjoy and make you happy, and the reader will feel happy too.

All the stuff you put in "First Date" seems too detailed, but maybe chicks like that, who knows. When you talk about how much you aren't looking for sex, I feel you are laying it on a bit thick.

Good luck mate, feel free to critique mine..
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Profile Review Please?
Posted: 11/4/2014 10:11:22 PM
Everything about your profile screams Friends-with-Benefits, as much as you are trying so hard to convince your viewer otherwise. From your intent, to the 'looking for', to the not-so-vague references in the profile... it's just tacky.

You have no photos that adequately show what you look like, and apparently are on welfare. Seriously, why would anyone be interested in some shadowy unemployed guy who is all 'tactile'? Seriously. Why?

They love the detail because it really paints a pretty accurate picture of someone to avoid. They forgot to mention that part. The obvious things that are scaring away women are the 'nothing serious/FWB' intent; the fact you are simply looking for 'friends (with benefits??)' on a DATING site; the obsession with guns for those that aren't into that; the compulsion to talk about sex and explain that's not why you're here... it just goes on and on.

It's just way too over the top for probably 99% of the women here. If you don't mind waiting a long, long time for the 1%, carry on. Do consider how this will read to the Christian lady you are hoping to attract. Have you looked into the specific Christian dating sites, too?

ps - please don't use the word 'females'. It just ghetto.
pss - I was posting at the same time as John. Interesting to note similar perspectives from two different sexes.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 4
Profile Review Please?
Posted: 11/4/2014 10:17:29 PM
Delete the '1st date' part. Even though you state you arent looking for sex, mentioning all the cuddling, kissing, affection sounds like you are. Undisclosed profession sounds like youre unemployed. Delete the mail restrictions. If you arent getting flooded with messages, you dont need them. Btw, you cant message anyone 21 anyway. Delete the 2nd Amendment stuff too. Save that topic for conversation.
 tatersprout
Msg: 5
Profile Review Please?
Posted: 11/4/2014 10:36:48 PM
Wow, really really creepy.
How many times do you have to mention cuddling. snuggling, and wanting to touch women?
You know you are addressing complete strangers, right?

So you are seeking a FWB but might be ok if it turns into a relationship.
You have a secret job.
You own a lot of hats with writing on them.
You love guns.

*LOL*
!!!!!!!

Is your inbox exploding with messages? Then delete the silly restrictions.
Want to date a 21 yr old? Can't do it here...30 is the youngest you can get.

First date is beyond my ability to comment on.

Blow it all up and restart.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 6
Profile Review Please?
Posted: 11/5/2014 6:29:03 AM
* knuckles eyes*
Beyond the shade of creepy... kinda IDK Pro Creepy!
Blow it up real good and re-do. And for the love of Prada lose all the snuggling/cuddling/kissing
 tennistown
Msg: 7
Profile Review Please?
Posted: 11/5/2014 11:25:47 AM

I have been told by more than a few ladies that my profile was very detailed

So detailed,
you excluded yourself,
from further consideration.

Too much kissy huggy right off the bat.
Break bread and bring her a flower
before mentioning any of those intimate details.

I am one of the extremely rare 3% of truly "Good Guys" out there.

Good guys,
don't throw the other 97 percent of men,
under the bus!

Things I AM NOT looking for:

Liars, Cheaters, Manipulators, Gold-Diggers, Drug Addicts, Alcoholics, Drama Queens, Mind Games, Arrogance & Head Cases! Been down all these roads in the past and have NO desire to waste time with any of these!

If you have been down "all these roads in the past,"
you might consider letting someone else
pick your next date going forward.
Good luck!
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 8
Profile Review Please?
Posted: 11/5/2014 4:51:54 PM
Too creepy. You're looking for women interested in

1.Hugging
2. Kissing
3. Holding hands
4. Snuggling
5. Cuddling

Yup that went way off the creep-o-meter! And they show up in your interest field too. Most people are interested in things like sports, TV, traveling, stamp collecting, etc. When was the last time you struck up a conversation in real life with a woman and she asked you what your hobbies are and you answered cuddling and snuggling? Yup creep factor in person. How fast can she get away?

You can't mention sex and sexual relations in your profile unless you want it deleted by POF. Another thing that goes off the creep-o-meter charts.

Look at all those restrictions you have about who you will and will not receive mail from. What was your Inbox like before you put those restrictions in place? Were you getting so swamped with mail from women that you had to monitor it with restrictions?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 9
Profile Review Please?
Posted: 11/5/2014 5:02:44 PM
TangoDown229...welcome to the Profile Reviews forum.
My first suggestion is to immediately remove the inbound email restrictions!

You are a 44 y.o. man. Do you mean to tell us if a fun, smart, pro-RKBA, and beautiful 46 y.o. woman wished to message you to discuss her vast Heckler & Koch collection...you do not wish to give her the time of day? Those restrictions also serve to alienate women *IN* your desired range, too. A nice 41 y.o. woman might think you are holding-out for a 29 y.o. and opt NOT to write to you. See how that works?

Have a friend take two dozen well-lit, OUTDOOR, crisp photographs using a high-quality digital camera...which is preferred over a fuzzy cellphone. This is primarily due to better ergonomics and superior capability of a camera to process available light. Include a variety of backgrounds, activities, and various articles of clothing to add greater interest. Make sure there are enough without hats, costumes, or sunglasses. Have both close-ups and full-body images. Upload the best pics of the bunch. Ensure you continue to date and caption each...to make them more entertaining to read. Good luck with your romantic search. :-)
 ScooterSB
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Profile Review Please?
Posted: 11/5/2014 5:18:00 PM
Here are this sites own tips on pictures, not my view (though I fully agree) but those of the owners and makes of this site, so they should know what hey are talking about.

Pictures
Your main pic should be a clear head shot, hopefully with you LOOKING AT the camera. Leave off the caps and hats and sunglasses, pretty please!! I’m begging you, people want to see your face. A picture with sunglasses and a hat will get your profile clicked off, trust me.

As far as other pics, a full length or some type of body shot is good. Just an idea of what you look like in person besides just your face. If you put in group shots, do be sure that it’s obvious who you are. People will not spend the time to figure it out if it’s not obvious.......

.......So put some thought into your pics, okay? One last thing, if the pic is NOT flattering don’t use it! Even if it’s all you have handy, no pic is better than a bad one.

To sum up:
Hats and sunglasses, loose 'um
If it's not flattering ('just me' pic) loose it
Fully body pic, get one.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 11
Profile Review Please?
Posted: 11/5/2014 7:33:36 PM

I have been told by more than a few ladies that my profile was very detailed and they loved that fact but apparently those haven't really gone anywhere
If these women aren't going out with you, their "approval" of your profile is pointless. I assume you are here to meet women in person, not receive online accolades.

Looking for a female friend (possibly more) to hang out and do things with and playfully flirt with as well, once we get to know each other.
There was not a single phrase in this sentence to suggest you want to date a woman. If by "more than friendship" you mean "date" or "relationship", please use that terminology.

I am one of the extremely rare 3% of truly "Good Guys" out there.
Actual good guys don't insult other men in order to get women to go out with them. Plus, assuming you have multiple male friends, that means you willingly and regularly associate with the 97% of "bad men" out there. What does that say about you?

I have decided to make some serious changes in my profile in hopes of finding some happiness in life..
And by happiness, you mean almost-sex that you are unwilling to pay for. We're adults. Let's call a spade a spade, shall we?

For those that take the smoking thing into account when looking for a gnetleman
There is no point in saying this. For the women that do not want contact from smokers, they have already utilized POF's "no smokers" filter (or they clicked next as soon as they saw your smoking status).

I'm looking for a female friend to be flirtatious with and have good, clean fun with. Below are some of the things I'm looking for:

1.Hugging
2. Kissing
3. Holding hands
4. Snuggling
5. Cuddling
You think a friendship entails kissing, hugging, cuddling and snuggling? If you wouldn't do it with your male friends, then it is not a friendship-type activity.

Yes, you heard right, I am one of the rare few guys out here that's NOT looking for sex!
Considering all the physical stuff you intend to do with your "just a friend", the ladies will figure that means you're actually here for everything but sex. Soon, that snuggling and cuddling and overnight visits will turn into getting naked, having oral sex, masturbating and parking.

Age between 21 and 45.
POF has an age restriction of +/- 14 years, so... do the math. Even if a 21 year old wanted to give you a very special kiss, she could not contact you on this site.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review Please?