Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Need some help with advise on profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DatMustang
Msg: 1
Need some help with advise on profilePage 1 of 1    
Hello :)

trying to get some advise on my profile
I tried to make it as clear as possible im not like most of the guys on here that have no job, no car, no money, lives with mom, etc. and yet i feel as i have the same luck as those guys.

what exactly else is missing? its kind of frustrating.
 Ainen
Msg: 2
Need some help with advise on profile
Posted: 11/6/2014 12:41:23 PM
Delete the bathroom mirror selfie. Yuck.

Replace the car photo with a photo of you in front of the car or in it.

You said:

Sex is honestly last in my priorities in my life.

She heard:

Sex

Good strategy to mention the Army first in your about me.

A lot of your about me text is redundant, already apparent from your settings (no drugs, no smoking, wants to marry, etc).

I believe it would be wisest to omit the part about money. Only a gold digger or high maintenance woman would find it appealing. A good girl might think negatively of the money mention.

It's not good to badmouth the other guys on here and their supposed flaws.
 tennistown
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/6/2014 1:18:03 PM

im not like most of the guys on here

Sure.
If you say so,
I'm a believer!

My wild time has passed me (And Trust me it was wild).

This sentence is best said in the men's locker room.
Or, on one of your many late night rendezvous at the comic book store.
Not on your dating profile.

I'm a huge fan of cuddling. Sex is honestly last in my priorities in my life.

^^^ I gotta call bullsiht, on that last sentence.

Even if you put it near the bottom of the list
it's still in the top four?

Food.
Water.
Shelter.
Sex.
Wash the Mustang.
Buy a new comic book.
Work.
etc.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2014 2:14:29 PM
Delete and start again is my advice, as well as buy a camera that can actually focus. The only ones that seem to be in focus are one where you have just devoured a massive bowl of ice cream....

"Hey ladies, I can eat like a pig, wanna go out?"

and your mustang. FYI no one cares what your car looks like. SOME (not many but some) will be interested to see a picture of you with your car, no one wants to just see the car.

Read these profile writing tips and come back for a review on your second attempt. http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts1262627.aspx
 Ouija2025
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/6/2014 5:40:37 PM
How wild could it have been at the comic book store playing a Board Game?
You need a full body picture
Are you in a public washroom in the one selfie? Lucky the stall was empty or you could have been photo bombed
Honestly nothing much creepier than a grown Man who claims he loves to cuddle.
I call BS on sex being the furthest thing on your Mind. Just a way guys think women will get sucked into their game
" oh he likes whiskers on kittens and cuddling! He's perfect" said no woman ever
Plus makes it sound like you would be a stage 3 clinger
Nothing date profile in your text - I'd not say you wanna get married.. perhaps meet and date her first
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Need some help with advise on profile