Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Why do I get no reponses?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PETeacher87
Msg: 1
Why do I get no reponses?Page 1 of 1    
Ok this is a serious post lol

I rarely get any response from anyone I email. Just wondering if any woman can help me out with why that is. You can't see the actual emails I write so I'm just asking if I'm that unattractive or if my profile is that uninteresting. I try to personalize each email so I don't think it's that.

So if you could rate my pic from 1-10 and my profile from 1-10 I would really appreciate it. Again, this sounds like BS but it's 100% serious. My self-esteem is starting to take a hit lol. And please be brutally honest.
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why do I get no reponses?
Posted: 11/16/2014 3:23:56 PM
If this is a serious post, then why is lol after it?

Profile is ok but you need more pics.

When everything is alright, do NOT send any more messages and see who messages you first.
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/16/2014 3:54:40 PM
Your profile is OK. Nothing really jumps out that makes you any different.

More photos definitely needed. Put up a photo of yourself and your dog, use it as the main photo. I'm definitely more inclined to click on a profile if I see a photo of a man and his dog. I switch my pictures around and when I have the photo with my Dalmatian as the main I probably get at least 3 times more messages each day than using a photo without an animal.

Just think of your profile as a work in progress. You can write about any goals you have, places you'd like to travel to, what its like to date you, what kind of adventures you'd like to enjoy together.

You put in a short list of what you're looking for in a woman. You should remove "attractive" because that's subjective. A woman probably won't message you because even though you might think she's attractive, she might feel she isn't attractive enough to measure up to your ideal. You can screen your responses and decide if someone is physically attractive to you without putting that in your profile.

You skipped the First Date section completely. Put something in there. Even if its just go to Starbucks. A woman wants to meet in a public place where she feels safe and doing something that only requires a short period of time in case you don't hit it off. Put something in there.

Good luck.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/16/2014 3:59:18 PM
Too much redundancy and cliche, do not repeat things in the text that can be learned elsewhere, delete all that stuff.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2014 4:34:15 PM
Pics: 3

First one you look angry, second looks creepy with they blacked out faces, third one would be nice if it weren't so blurry

Text: 5
You like dogs, football, eating out and drinking. So pretty much the same as about 90% of guys out there. What are you passionate about? What makes you special and unique? Why should a woman date you over the millions of others on this site? What is it like to date you? What does romance look like for you?
 Forums_only
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/16/2014 6:27:18 PM
It's too bad the photo you chose as your first impression makes you look pissed off. You have a great smile, work that in with a shoulders up clear shot. Add a photo of you with your dog.

Having Sports as your primary Interest may be a turnoff. What about using the word Coaching, first? Or more specifically, Football, or a favourite team? Other than the craft beer thing, the rest of the Interests were pretty generic.

It's never only about being 'attractive'. There is always someone out there that will find you adorable, so work on showing that approachable side with an interest profile to read once she clicks on you.

Personalized introductions are good if they're not more than 3-4 sentences. You have a lot of potential here.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/16/2014 7:55:24 PM

I rarely get any response from anyone I email.

Now, while it is true that I do not have any pictures in my own profile, IF, and that's a huge IF (like, when pigs fly), I were to choose a picture for my profile, I would not lead off with a main one where I am glaring at the camera. Just doesn't make a good first impression.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/16/2014 8:02:17 PM
What on earth possessed you to be such an angry picture for your main? Do you think women are glancing and your picture and thinking, "yes let me message the angry, unhappy teacher"? You have such a great smile in your other 2 pictures, use it to your advantage! (Though the other 2 pictures are also awful, but at least you look happy).
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/17/2014 1:14:46 AM
I like the third photo, a lot. Unfortunately, it's not very clear. If you can somehow take a picture similar to that one, in a well-lot room or background outside, you'll be golden. As far as your "about me" text, it's drab and common. You're a graduate and this should reflect in your profile, as such. (I'm not suggesting your profile should be an academic piece; but it should be written to interestingly, creatively, and structurally express your interests, who you are and your interests, and the type of person you'd like to meet, in full, three paragraphs, that are free from cliches, redundancy and repetition.)
 tennistown
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/17/2014 12:12:26 PM

I rarely get any response from anyone I email.

That's a real head scratcher.

I see you have not filled in anything, for the first date section?

That section gives you an additional chance
to show your personality and describe
an actual date idea, that may resonate
positively with a woman reading your profile.

Of course, it will turn off some women
that might think your idea is dumb.
But, you wouldn't want to spend resources
on that woman anyway, so it's a win - win.

Jot down a first date idea!
See if that improves
your response rate!
 ozsealady1
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/21/2014 7:08:43 PM
I like your photo with the suit, tie and smile.

It shows you at work, happy, fit and handsome.
I.e. you have a job and are a happy person - all good.

Your current main picture makes you look moody and angry.

Now let me think....

Which would a woman rather meet.

A happy handsome man with a good job
Or
A man who is moody and angry.

Your choice as to what photos you choose.

Try one with you and your mad gorgeous dog.
Then you will attract ladies who like dogs as well as you.
I am sure he won't mind being your wingman.

Regarding your profile... Remove the older than 20 filter.
It reads like you are attracting teenagers.

You can always ignore or block or say No thank you to people who are not of interest.

Hey there! If you've gotten this far I guess you think I'm not hideous which is pretty cool and a good start. Let's hope you don't think I'm boring or weird in a few minutes! Thinking I'm a dork is fine.

^^^ Remove this entire block

I'm 27 years old, born and raised in Colonia. I'm in my first year as a full-time high school health and physical education teacher after spending a few years substituting. I also coach football currently and track in the spring and love what I do!

^^^^ FABULOUS

I hope you like dogs because I have a 5 year old golden retriever named Baxter. He's nuts. Trust me! If you ever meet him you'll know what I mean!
^^^ Change to "When you meet him you will know what I mean"

I enjoy going out and grabbing a drink or bite to eat, especially at new places. After football season, I'll be spending more time in Atlantic City. Right now on the weekends you might see me at a Rutgers or Giants football game. I can enjoy staying home and watching a movie or reading a book just as much as going out.

^^ FABULOUS

I'm looking to meet new people and open to anything if I meet someone special! If you're easygoing, fun, smart, humorous, and attractive you should definitely email me! Just saying...

^^^ REWRITE OR REMOVE

Try replacing with something like....

Looking forward to meeting you.

Good luck

SHS24
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/21/2014 9:24:52 PM
Because that's what girls do on here. They write "message me" or "want to know just ask me" and then when you do you get ignored.
 Forums_only
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/21/2014 10:04:10 PM
Only if you're really weird.
 petula1908
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/21/2014 11:30:49 PM
Sorry you wasted your money on an upgrade, makes no difference. Show a full length shot of yourself and smiling for a start and get rid of any scowling serious pics, very offputting.

Don't take it too personally, most men on these freebie sites don't do well, and I would be looking around in real life for a healthy connection. You look attractive enough, are quite tall and educated. So I have to wonder, why are you even here?

You do need to fill in the whole profile and make the effort make it memorable and imaginative so that you stand out amongst the many fish that swim in this big sea.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Why do I get no reponses?