Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > honest profile review please.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
honest profile review please.Page 1 of 1    
We're always honest in these parts.

Your photos are all BAD. Can't see your face in any of them.

The first line will put off every single woman viewing your profile. Are you serious here, or what? It's a waste of time reviewing a profile of someone who doesn't even want help.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 3
honest profile review please.
Posted: 11/18/2014 7:02:50 AM
Hi OP, for starters remove all negative, redundant, and cliche text.
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/18/2014 7:04:43 AM
You don't think your opening sentence could have anything to do with alienating readers do you?

"I am done dating girls. I don't have time for immature games."

You're looking to date but nothing serious = you're looking for fvck buddies. Women kind find those going to a singles bar.

What was your response rate like before you put on all those email restrictions about who you will and won't receive mail from? Most women look at those restrictions and whether or not they meet the criteria won't bother responding.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/18/2014 7:11:52 AM
As a full-time university student your dating opportunities in and around campus far exceed most typical online dating options. You are involved in real-life interactions daily...something to which online dating acts as just a springboard.

Your profile indicates you are "DONE" with online dating as of July 30, 2014.
That is going to influence the vast majority of women to not message you.

If you are changing you mind, have a friend take two dozen well-lit, OUTDOOR, crisp photographs using a high-quality digital camera...which is preferred over a fuzzy cellphone. This is primarily due to better ergonomics and superior capability of a camera to process available light. Include a variety of backgrounds, activities, and various articles of clothing to add greater interest. Make sure there are enough without hats, costumes, or sunglasses. Have both close-ups and full-body images. Upload the best pics of the bunch. Ensure you continue to date and caption each...to make them more entertaining to read. Good luck with your romantic search. :-)
 Forums_only
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/18/2014 7:25:28 AM

as it hasn't seemed very successful

It's really difficult to see what you really look like with all the sunglasses and ball caps. Smile?

The line about not wasting your time is obnoxious. If a woman is not into dogs, she won't be reading past that line anyway.

You are probably safe to remove the email restrictions as I suspect you will not be overwhelmed with incoming messages, and do you really want to miss out on someone by a birthday or a half a mile?
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/18/2014 8:07:27 AM
No need to repeat your name - it already says About Stewart.
Work/study is not an exciting subject to talk about first. I would switch the order of your paragraphs.
In your second paragraph, almost every sentence starts with "I".
No need to tell them to message you - they know how it works.
No need to put the updated date on the bottom - viewers won't come back to check for updates. You get 1 chance per woman.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/18/2014 9:42:56 AM

About Stewart
I'm Stewart,

That is redundant.

Nights out and nights in is cliche.

Never ask the ladies to message you, write a great profile and you won't need to ask, they will.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2014 11:06:48 AM
Here's POFs own advice on profile pictures, they kinds know what they are talking about, it's their site afterall

Pictures
Your main pic should be a clear head shot, hopefully with you LOOKING AT the camera. Leave off the caps and hats and sunglasses, pretty please!! I’m begging you, people want to see your face. A picture with sunglasses and a hat will get your profile clicked off, trust me.

tennistown
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/18/2014 11:27:27 AM

I have made some changes.

Keep going!

a nice quiet evening on the couch with a good movie is likewise fun.

I'm sure it is.......... Mr Hands.

Playing "hide the remote" while sofa surfing,
may come in time.....

However "new" relationships often hold promise
of adventure, fun, and entertaining conversations.
Not glazing over, in front of the "boob tube."
 Forums_only
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/18/2014 5:53:35 PM

I have an impairment which makes me extremely sensitive to light.

I assumed that, but don't you have the opportunity to take a couple of photos indoors? No flash required?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > honest profile review please.