Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tennistown
Msg: 2
Profile reviewPage 1 of 1    

..... i can't point my finger on what can be the problem.

I see three things you could subtly change,
to increase replies to your outgoing messages.

1. The beginning.

About Louis
Oh my...its you...!
Hello there :)
I do realise that at first taste, i might not be everyone's cup of tea, but don't complain......

Women aren't complete dummy's,
they know you aren't Gods gift to women.
But, a couple of them might think you are.
So, your opening, is not helping you to kiss the girl.

2. The middle.

? 3rd degree cuddler

3rd degree cuddler, is that even legal, in your state?

3. The end.
(In your case, it's the very last word.)

the nutella ad is bullshit. :)

Damn it! I hate when people cuss!
Plus the last word,
they read,
that you wrote
is....
bullshit.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 3
Profile review
Posted: 11/18/2014 5:40:14 PM
Lord help me I rather liked some of what you have for text.. however the cuddler part will sink you faster than an anvil wrapped around your neck
Not that I would know your neck - none, I repeat, none of your pictures are useful - too far away, too dark, too grainy
WTH is the eye picture about? So far we don't identify our dates by optics ( atho the movie with the eye.. I ramble)
Louis - did you read the tips at the top? Did you think this over carefully before posting?
First taste? Sorry only my puppy does taste tests. And sharks.
 tatersprout
Msg: 4
Profile review
Posted: 11/18/2014 11:39:30 PM
Hey Louis,

Get those female friends to take some proper photos of you...face shots, bright and clear pics where we can see you.

Are you saying you want to be dipped in milk and tasted?

Delete all the smileys...they're annoying. Your humor should stand on it's own.
Delete "partner in crime" cliche.

You need to write more.
Talk about what you do in your free time.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 5
Profile review
Posted: 11/19/2014 1:32:07 AM
Good morning Louis,
As the girls have said, you need better pics. NONE of these are any good for a dating site.
Headline is too negative and cliche.

I don't see anything to support your "hopeless romantic" claim. You seem more like a class clown.
First line is negative.
Second, saying you're going to be mean to the people you meet. Not a good idea.
The rest is good but it needs more info about you.

First date is a bit too messy, and we don't really say "mess me up" in the UK unless you're talking about messing up someone's face. It's a US thing.
Get rid of all your message filters, they're pointless but would put people off. Imagine a 28 year old who saw these, she would think "oh he's looking for an 18 year old, I won't bother".
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review