Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review, new to this.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rgillian
Msg: 1
Profile Review, new to this.Page 1 of 1    
Hello everyone I'm rather new to the whole culture of online dating and would like some help if you can. I believe I've had my account for roughly week and I have sent many messages to several dozen ladies. I am always courteous, polite and I feel I can hold a conversation well. Of all the messages I've sent I've gotten 6 replies half of which feel like I'm interviewing then and respond with brief open ended answers which doesn't contribute to the conversation. The other half initial reply back with "Hi, nice to meet you", and "Hi my name is.." but when I send a second message I get nothing back. Anything in my profile that needs some work? Thanks.
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
Profile Review, new to this.
Posted: 11/18/2014 9:38:43 PM
You're Married.
Looking for 'no commitment'.

Don't you think craigslist is more appropriate? Unless, of course, you're also messaging 'ladies' who are also married and looking for 'no commitment'.

(You've gotta be kidding...)
 Rgillian
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/18/2014 9:43:30 PM
Sorry I accidentally changed my status when I was updating my profile. I am not married. I'm a young single 23 year old
 Deedeelogan
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/18/2014 9:48:04 PM
Hi Rgillian. Try putting captions on those photos. Women like to read what you're up to when they're taken. Perhaps a few more action shots.

You're looking for "Casual Dating/No Commitment" code on POF for looking for a fvck buddy. The women you've messaged likely aren't looking for a f-buddy so there's no point in responding. The others who respond are probably just being polite and sending you a reply. They're not responding to your second message because they're not interested - they can see you're looking for a f-buddy and they're not. And if they were they can head to a bar and find one there instead of shopping online.

Profile is OK. Any woman looking online for a f-buddy probably isn't going to read your profile anyway, just look at your pictures and decide whether to hop in bed with you or not.

Somewhere down the road if you decide you're looking for a more committed relationship you could add a few more things about your goals, what its like to date you, places you'd like to travel to. Not really necessary right now because you're not looking for a relationship.

Good luck in what you're looking for.
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/18/2014 10:25:50 PM
No commitment/Hangout still looks like casual sex. Who knows, maybe that's what you're really looking for, but the majority of women you contact won't get past that to read the rest. Your call.

By the way - when you invite someone to a meal on a first date, you pay. Isn't that a little pricy? Why not just meet for a casual afternoon coffee and cake thing? With the 'distractions' of people watching there will always be something to talk about if the conversation slows and it won't feel like an interrogation.
 Rgillian
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/18/2014 10:50:44 PM
Thank you both for the insight, I appreciate it.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review, new to this.