Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Looking for help, thanks      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thesuccessfulone
Msg: 1
Looking for help, thanksPage 1 of 1    
Alright so I'd appreciate someone telling me what I need to change with my profile, as I'm getting a terrible response rate. For every 10 messages I send, I'll be lucky to receive one reply. I don't think I'm an unattractive guy in terms of looks, so what could be the cause? Thanks
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 2
Looking for help, thanks
Posted: 11/20/2014 4:36:38 AM
You have 2 sentences. Try again.

You have a master's degree? Not unheard of at 22, I'm just checking (some people here think working toward a degree is the same thing as having a degree).
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 3
Looking for help, thanks
Posted: 11/20/2014 4:47:01 AM
I think it's a good profile for what you're seeking, which is NSA sex and hookups. 1 in 10 is a very good response rate in that arena - it's very competitive.

If you're looking for something more then you need to re-think your strategy.
 Smthn_Like_Olivia
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Looking for help, thanks
Posted: 11/20/2014 5:13:13 AM
Agree with both commenters above. I see a profile that says, "look at me, I have muscles". Eh...
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 5
Looking for help, thanks
Posted: 11/20/2014 5:52:00 AM
Should be fine for what you seek OP, there are better sites for getting what you are chasin.

Best wishes

Jerry
 Forums_only
Msg: 6
Looking for help, thanks
Posted: 11/20/2014 7:22:46 AM
You have a tacky half-naked torso selfie, no "interests", and nothing to talk about except you like to have 'fun'. So all you're offering is a body? Honey, girls can get that anywhere. What makes you special? Literally, what makes you special? Speaking 5 languages isn't going to help if you're not looking for 'conversation'. And you're really not, are you.

As already suggested, there are other sites that would get you faster results for what you're really looking for.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Looking for help, thanks
Posted: 11/20/2014 2:29:46 PM
Perfect, really shows who your are and what you are all about.

Change nothing
 2015LadyLove
Msg: 8
Looking for help, thanks
Posted: 11/21/2014 6:30:31 AM
Hi neighbor,

I don't think I'm an unattractive guy in terms of looks, so what could be the cause?

This is LA and your pictures "scream" (with jazz hands) West hollywood and gay.
Your hair up and styled like Glee (Kurt and Blaine) is one reason.
"If" you are straight you are sending the wrong signal.
 Ainen
Msg: 9
Looking for help, thanks
Posted: 11/21/2014 11:12:27 AM

all around alpha. Message me if you'd like to know more about me.

Alphas don't need to proclaim themselves as alpha. They show it by writing good text in their profiles. They send confident messages instead of saying "message me if you'd like to know more".

The shirtless photo is against site rules, and even if allowed, it's douchy and lame (mirror showing phone). Two other photos need cropping.

The sleeveless red shirt has discolorations that look like stains. If even I notice them, most girls will too.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 10
Looking for help, thanks
Posted: 11/21/2014 11:13:34 AM
Shallow. There isn't anything in that profile that would convince somebody to take you seriously. Your "about me" section looks like it was cobbled together by pre-school pupil. Good luck with that.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 11
Looking for help, thanks
Posted: 11/21/2014 2:51:18 PM
I agree with the others.

Your profile is perfect for a student seeking cute girls.
 petula1908
Msg: 12
Looking for help, thanks
Posted: 11/22/2014 12:23:28 AM
you are getting 10% strike rate, much more than most. You seem attractive and tall but as a student you probably don't have much money to spare, right???? At your age you should be doing okay in real life.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Looking for help, thanks