Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review - just interested in learning what people think.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 2
Profile Review - just interested in learning what people think.Page 1 of 1    
Hi OP, my best guess would be it may attract a woman that likes to ride a bike, swim, or possibly spend time in a sauna.

Yup, that's my best guess based on what you have.

Does that give you the impression what you have is largely useless? If not it was intended to do so.

Have you seen the profile tips at the top of the page in green?

Best wishes

Jerry
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 3
Profile Review - just interested in learning what people think.
Posted: 11/20/2014 5:47:06 AM
Your pics are bad quality, not smiling, badly lit, plain background. Need more.
"Wants to date but nothing serious" will put many off. Women in your age range are looking for something more. Dating but nothing serious is what they did in their 20's.
Do you have a car is a yes/no question, what does "N/A" mean?

What you've written is decent enough, but I'd remove the "steady career" part (that is assumed since you filled in the profession field) and the last sentence.

You then need to expand it a little, with another paragraph talking about your personality. And a third, describing the woman you'd like to meet.

Oh and give Everest a go, the base camp that is, not the top. I went earlier this year and it was amazing! How much better is it to write that you've done something, than you're not going to do something.....
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/20/2014 7:19:32 AM
It's all just very... average. That's not really good, is it.

You need a variety of photos from recent holidays, events, outings. A few more specific Interests (a favourite food, sport, musician, holiday spot) and an expanded profile with - again - specifics and humour if you can.

Read a few of the other threads, reviewers' profiles and the Profile Writing Tips in green lettering at the top of this forum page. There are lots of ideas and ways to help you avoid being generic. I look forward to the rewrite.
 tennistown
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/20/2014 12:53:54 PM

what type of people it may (or may not) attract.

* rubs noggin.

Left handed librarians would be immensely interested in your profile.
Of course it's not an exact science reading a profile and determining
the attracted audience. So, I should allow for some wiggle room.
Both, left and right handed librarians in my opinion, would be attracted.

That said, if you would include more detail about you, in your profile.
Your audience would open up exponentially! Try it, you might like the results.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/20/2014 1:16:46 PM
It's very unimpressive, bland, unremarkable. I'm quite surprised you're rendered responses at all. A bit strange messages -- well, I guess a bit strange can range from one word responses to kinky invitations for orgies.

I should hope you'll do something to spruce up your profile, including more attractive text and quality photos.

Cheers.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review - just interested in learning what people think.