Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Rate my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
Rate my profilePage 1 of 1    
I'm more interested in women's opinions than men's as they are the ones I want to reply.
But the men are the ones that know what gets results for them, so their advice is very valid.

Chris, I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved nan. You know what though, even if she were still with you, your dating profile is no place for a photo of her. It's not appropriate, or relevant, to have photos of anyone but YOU on your profile (with the exception of photos with groups of friends, where you are clearly identifiable).

Hello
Unnecessary.

An interesting fact about me is I won the year six talent contest when I was in school with a comedy act. It amused a bunch of 11 year old's and my teacher who probably had a bottle of vodka to get her through an hour of 11 year old's trying to be amusing. Simon Cowell sigh me up ha ha.
This is not really an interesting fact, sorry. Save this for when you actually meet someone, and only then if it fits the context of the conversation you are having. If you disagree and are determined to keep it, change "sigh" to "sign'.

I'm Chris, I'm 29 and from Bristol.
Delete. Go to Edit Profile and find the place where you can enter your name so the section says "About Chris" - this is friendlier than "About Me". Your age and location are already listed in the top section so repeating them is just profile filler.

Well a few more (Probably more important) things about me.
Unnecessary (especially if you follow my advice and delete everything above this).

I've been told I am a very nice guy.
Delete. 99.93% of men say this on their profile - so much that it makes most women roll their eyes and click "next". Also, it matters not what most people think of you. Just show you are a nice guy in your profile text and messages. That's what counts.

I like going out when I can, more to pubs than clubs. My favourite music is dance music but I do listen to other stuff that is not dance. I love swimming and I swim about two or three times a week. However I don't do it competitively just for fun. I also do a bit of weightlifting and I cycle as well. I also like to watch football and I go to watch a***nal. However I'm not one of those guys who goes all the time I go to about two or three games a year. I love animals and love going to the zoo. I'm actually a member at the zoo. I find it very relaxing after a stressful weeks work. I try to go out on my days of and do things like that.
Put a blank line after this (ie start a new paragraph. It's easier to read that way.

TV wise I like Elementary, Walking Dead, Friends,but you can't beat Only fools and horses, officially the best comedy ever! That's a scientific fact. I also like a few other programmes that are a bit more embarrassing so I'll tell you about them later. My favourite films are Terminator 2, 28 days later and Cloverfield, but to be honest I like lots of films. I work as a chef but fortunately the place I work at doesn't open that late so my hours are quite social for a chef. I've just started a new job and really like it. Doesn't really feel like work.
Paragraph break here also.

If you have any photos with a nice big smile (showing your teeth) put them up. Smiles are attractive!
 gcdeb
Msg: 4
Rate my profile
Posted: 11/22/2014 4:24:06 AM
Hopefully some of the other regular reviewers will pop in with some comments.

You should, or course, take on board those that you agree with and discard those that you don't agree with. (Unless of course you get the same piece of unwanted advice from every reviewer - in that case it might be wise to reconsider your position.)
 DragonBits
Msg: 6
Rate my profile
Posted: 11/22/2014 6:43:34 AM
Well, I think the picture of yourself and your nan is a good thing, it's a pictorial way of indicting you are an emotionally warm, sentimental man.

I think it's not good or bad to say others think you are a nice guy, at least the way you put it in your profile, seemed like a simple statement of fact.

Generally, it's kind of dicey to say you are a nice guy, many men say "nice guy" and they really mean why are women rejecting me, BUT I don't get that idea from your profile. The picture with your nan goes a long way in saying you are a nice guy.

IMO if you want to include a picture of your dog, you should be in the picture with the dog.

More pictures would be my only suggestion, as pictures are the initial hook and the profile text is next most important.

" I go to watch a***nal " I don't know what that means, maybe it helps you to get people to ask you what it means?

Maybe a few more interest, like dancing since you like dance music.

You said you meet a fair number of women, so I am not sure what more you hope to get out of changing your profile? Is it the type of woman you meet that you want to change?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 7
Rate my profile
Posted: 11/22/2014 6:43:41 AM
If you read the site rules YOU must be in every picture.
The Main should be just you .. plus the scale is wrong you should at least crop out the top
Your interests are generic, breathe in, breathe out. So you have ended up with a profile that contains a lot of cliches but not much about you. She wants to get an idea of what it is like to date you, she will base her decision re responding to your msg based on your photos and content
Add your first name, more User friendly
Wall of text makes it a hard read, paragraphs can be your friend.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 9
Rate my profile
Posted: 11/22/2014 10:50:47 AM
Yes I know - however you aren't picking up what is being put down. Doggie tho cute is against the rules.
Chris you have some really great bits in, you need to tighten it up, remove all the LOVES, and haha or LOLs.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Rate my profile