Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why am I got getting replies?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DRadical
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why am I got getting replies?Page 1 of 1    
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=83864236

I've gotten one or two (one girl who I decided before I even messaged her I'm not giving up on) but eventually they just stop responding... I'm kinda starting to lose my patience, I've messages most of the girls I would be interested in, and some even below my standards, and it's just been terrible. I can't even find a girl who shows traits of seeking enlightenment or who likes talking and thinking about things that cannot be perceived, stuff like the universe and the human consciousness... I mean in real life I think I'm a pretty decent looking guy and I'm told I'm funny, I'm fairly chilll and can keep a intellectual convo... Is POF just not for me? I don't know where else to meet girls...

I think one problem is that I don't have a job... but I was hoping to find a girl who would be down to look past that for a little bit, as I would haha....
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
Why am I got getting replies?
Posted: 11/28/2014 11:56:51 PM
Head over to the Profile Review forum. Nice people will help you there.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/29/2014 12:33:00 AM
Forget this place dude. Only male models and rich guys get replies.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2014 2:15:07 AM

Neither a male model nor a rich guy here.

I get a good amount of replies, so maybe it's something else.
 gcdeb
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/29/2014 4:36:18 AM

maybe it's something else.
Like a cute smile, nice photos, a profile that shows effort and a positive attitude perhaps?
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/29/2014 5:01:12 AM
The listed "Yes" to the question about drugs could be one of the reasons why?

Profile review forum: This is where your query belongs.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/29/2014 5:02:06 AM

Whiny, 'pity me' profiles and expectations are most repellant.
 bmore_goat
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2014 7:24:33 AM
You really need to go to profile reviews.
In a nutshell, I personally don't think 18 year old college students should be on dating sites.
That being said, get some decent pictures and lose the partying pics especially the ones with your girl pals.
People your age are all about the looks and your current pics don't put you in a good view.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/29/2014 7:29:54 AM
Honestly.. It doesn't look like you are trying to impress anybody with an IQ over 40. What do you expect. If you act like a turd your gonna get turd. I think you should take some time off from romance and give yourself a chance to grow up.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/29/2014 8:14:58 AM
You look like an immature idiot in your photos. Your mouth crammed with cigarettes...blurry pics of yourself in the mirror, effed up hair. What do you expect? You look like a childish slob.

You dont have a job and most of your profile is dedicated to looking for a girl who wants to do drugs with you.

This is a "loser" profile.
 hemingway114
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/29/2014 9:50:37 AM
I don't know about you, but every time I got getting, I seem to get got!
 forums1
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/29/2014 11:55:17 AM
18yrs old, no job, "Drugs" and "Weed" as interests... can't understand why women aren't throwing themselves at you. Sounds like you have a lot of "potential"...
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/29/2014 12:31:54 PM
OMG, I love your profile.

I especially liked the first two paragraph, and then it went to sh*t from there...lol

Dude, leave the profile as it is, with the exception of making your pictures way more sharper and interesting.

I think the problem lies in the fact that most women around your age want to do other things that do not include sitting on a couch smoking weed and "tripping". But there are drugs users everywhere (heck, they keep me in business, lol), so it shouldn't be hard to find someone who wants to be a scavenger (I'm sure to recognize the lingo), I just know it because I'm a substance abuse counselor, lol.

The contradictions have to come to an end buddy, you want to find an intelligent woman to have conversations about the infinity of the world and the depths of our thoughts? Likely an intelligent woman needs no aide from drugs, to be able to make the hamster spin the wheel.

You think you're onto something? I challenge you to drop all drugs for the next 60 days and see how much clearly your thoughts become. Then maybe....just....maybe......wait for it......you'll be enlightened for real.

I have nothing against drug use.....wait.....I kinda do as I f*ck with people's high for a living, but sincerely, moderation is key and there are other ways to stimulate your brain. If you just want take a break from reality, take a nap. From the minute drug use begins, you are stunting future growth (emotionally and developmentally), so you might want to give it some serious thoughts. People who begin to use drugs way later in life tend to be more receptive and understanding of why it is necessary to be intact, so that our body and mind does what it needs to do.

But whatever, do you.

And you have no job? What are you planning to do with a woman? just "chillax" and smoke weed? is weed free around your way? Are you not planning to have sex.....wait if she gets pregnant, what then? what are you doing to do? what is she going to do? Weed doesn't solve any of these problems, it perpetuates overanalyzing stuck in a sofa, while the people around you are going to work, are hiking, are at the gym, are eating healthy, are jumping on a bicycle, doing laundry, are enjoying spending time with their loved ones, etc. Don't stay stuck in a sofa, go live life *allstate voice*
 blueguy99881
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/29/2014 12:40:03 PM
And a much needed makeover is needed for message 6 and 7. Not to mention weight loss wouldn't hurt. Gym memberships on sale!
 DRadical
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2014 1:29:58 PM
haha those arent party pics, those are the only pics im in that arent selfies
 DRadical
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2014 1:30:14 PM
do no girls do drugs? cuz Im not going to lie about it
 DRadical
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2014 1:32:51 PM
About the job, I still get some money, I just dont have time between interning and community college... BTW I do take drugs in moderation, and I didn't think I gave off the message that we'd only sit n smoke... I'mkinda looking for a girl that wants quality time over free dinner.... I only trip once every few months (today aaaahhhhh) and was hoping to find another spiritual girl
 DRadical
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2014 1:35:03 PM
I see your point, I probably talked TOO much about that stuff... whoops...

Yeah and photos aren't really my thing, Im not good at them, my friends dont take them, and having 9 cigs at graduation was something everyone (including parents) thought was the funniest thing they've ever seen. No joke. I was hoping to get that reaction here but clearly I didnt... Im going to focus my profile on more art and music, with a drug subtext
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/29/2014 2:11:44 PM

do no girls do drugs? cuz Im not going to lie about it

Southern California, dude.

Women with "420" as part of their username, or in their list of interests.
 daynadaze
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2014 3:09:35 PM
While I think it's right that you list the truth in your profile, but the fact is a lot of independent women are not looking for someone 18, not working, who smokes a lot. Your better bet seems to be teenagers like yourself who are still living at home and only looking for fun. I don't know how many members here fall into that category, but I'm guessing it does limit you. I don't preach the line about kids should not be online dating sites, I don't even know why they say that, since the younger age group probably spends more time online on all sites that any other age group. But no matter all that, it's just hit & miss for everyone, and the best you can do is keep trying, keep browsing, there's no magical formula. And no, you do not have to be a model or great looking or rich, etc., that's so much bull piled high & wide. You just have to be yourself and happen to contact the right person(s).
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 21
Women think on a lower intellectual wave level
Posted: 12/19/2014 11:14:41 AM
I can't even find a girl who shows traits of seeking enlightenment or who likes talking and thinking about things that cannot be perceived, stuff like the universe and the human consciousness...

BBuuuuwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....ahahahaha...haha..aha

You really need to bring down the intellectual level of your expectations for conversation.

Try talking "make up". ;)
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 22
Found a worm hole
Posted: 12/19/2014 11:15:18 AM
Captain, I believe we broke through the space/time 21 reply barrier!
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 23
21 replies barrier broken
Posted: 12/19/2014 11:15:41 AM
Steady at the helm Sulu.
Let's see how far we can go?
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 24
Hypothesis tested and confirmed. We can go beyond 21 replies!
Posted: 12/19/2014 11:16:54 AM
Captain, we can't take this level of replies any further!
She'e breaking up!

STFU Scotty and give me all she's got.... To boldly reply past 21 replies and beyond!

Edit Post
OK, well good job Scotty and Sulu.
We tested the hypothesis
and the phenomena know as the "21 replies barrier" has been proven to be false.
It is indeed possible to break through to 24 replies.

Although, under most circumstances,
the "21 replies barrier" seems to apply
but only within certain limitations.

Let's mark this down in our logs and continue further mathematical analysis of the phenomena.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why am I got getting replies?