Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Any such red flags?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kanova
Msg: 1
Any such red flags?Page 1 of 1    
I think my profile is pretty decent, maybe I need a couple better pictures of me doing stuff (I rarely go out though, anxiety) but other than that I don't see a problem. I figure it must be the way I look or that what I want is not common for people my age, I don't know. Do you guys see any giant red flags or not so good stuff?
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 2
Any such red flags?
Posted: 12/10/2014 8:05:51 PM
I'd like to see a big smile. I like seeing guys who aren't afraid to be happy on camera. And not showing your teeth in any photo may make a woman wonder if you're hiding them for some reason. Your face is fine and your build is an advantage for some.

I also like seeing guys have 1 or 2 dressy photos. If you don't ever dress up, then that's fine. But I like knowing a guy owns something beyond a T-shirt.

I'm 6'2, 21 and about 210 lbs.
Repeat of your stats at the top, delete it.

I don't party much, because I don't drink but I can come along and still have a good time regardless
I'm on the fence about this. On the one hand, I don't see the point in discussing things you don't do. On the other hand, I do find a "I don't drink but I can be in the presence of alcohol and have fun" explanation can alleviate concerns that you are a recovering alcoholic. Maybe the other reviewers can give advice about if it should stay or go.

Someone who likes to go out but also likes to have a quiet time at home
Cliche, delete. Everyone likes going out and staying at home in some proportion.

With my social ineptitude, I try to make up for it and maybe seem over eager :\
Delete this immediately, it is doing all damage and no good.
1. It's a depressing way to end your profile. Instead of thinking about what convention you last went to, she is thinking about what "over eager" means.
2. It raises her creep meter. She is wondering if "over eager" is code for "stalker".
3. It may be inaccurate. One woman's "over eager clinger" is another woman's "really interested and caring". Be yourself, then let her decide how she feels about your actions.

Nearly every sentence starts with 'I'. Vary your sentence structure more.

Overall, it seems like you're a shy geek. That is fine, but the online dating world is flooded with shy geeks. It's a tough market, you might need to add other methods of interacting with women if you wish to date.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Any such red flags?
Posted: 12/10/2014 8:34:50 PM
Kanova...welcome to the Profile Reviews forum yet again.
You have enjoyed several reviews.
Here are earlier ones of your many, many profile reviews to gather ideas:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16240630.aspx

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15596275.aspx

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16066638.aspx

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14629844.aspx
 Kanova
Msg: 4
Any such red flags?
Posted: 12/11/2014 3:20:50 PM
Yeah and whats the date on those? This must be the only forum that actually encourages necromancy. Anyway, thanks for the bit of advice.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 5
Any such red flags?
Posted: 12/11/2014 3:30:50 PM

Yeah and whats the date on those?

Dates mean nothing, there is not time limit on the one per customer rule OP.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Any such red flags?
Posted: 12/11/2014 3:34:53 PM
The dates are pretty irrelevant, if the advice is sound then it is timeless. Best thing you can do is go back to your old reviews, look at the advice you have already been given, make sure you are following that advice, then, and only then, should you be thinking about a new review.

For example my advice would be smile more in your pictures, especially in your main, advice you were given about a year ago.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 7
Any such red flags?
Posted: 12/11/2014 4:03:31 PM
Profile Review forum rules:
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts1947679.aspx

Note the bold font about ONLY ONE Review Per Person at the link.
That is because if someone suggests, "Use image of you in the red shirt rather than blue shirt for your main pic." it is not restated across four different threads by fellow VOLUNTEER reviewers wasting their time saying the SAME thing.
 petula1908
Msg: 8
Any such red flags?
Posted: 12/11/2014 4:48:02 PM
First up don't wait for a woman to contact you first. You need to be proactive with such huge numbers of men compared to women.

Don't mention your negative traits, keep the popfile upbeat and positive.

In all your pics you look miserable. Try a full length shot, so a woman can see your body and smiling which is more appealing and approachable. Fake it until you make it, if you have to. Pictures are all important initially, they are what decides a woman to even read your profile.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Any such red flags?