Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Flying Dragons that burp worm holes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 1
Flying Dragons that burp worm holesPage 1 of 1    
Flying Dragons that burp worm holes

I am sure that a scientist that is an expert in genetics/physics could develop a hypothetico-deductive model for a Flying Dragon that could burp worm holes.

That science would be sound.
Just because we don't have any evidence does not mean that they never existed.

And just because they never existed does not mean that they are unable to exist.

Much like a worm hole that we don't have any observable evidence that they exist, the flying dragon that burps worm holes is just as sound of a proposal.

For man to travel time, scientists would have to design a way to latch onto the dragon and direct it to fly through the worm hole.

A contraption, like a saddle, would be best as the dragon would probably fart rainbows and the astronauts do not want to be on the tail end of that.
Dragon fart rainbows consist of exotic material that may be hazardous.

I think that the DNA of fireflies should also be introduced into the proposed flying dragon that burps worm holes and genetically positioned to act as markers to assist others in the detection of the dragon upon arrival when it lands.
Posted: 12/15/2014 12:47:08 PM
I myself am still very skeptical of wormholes and such, but,

...is just as sound of a proposal [as a wormhole.]

that ^ is the part of this post that's quite questionable.
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/15/2014 2:25:28 PM

drinkthesunwithmyface
I myself am still very skeptical of wormholes and such

Yet the whole basis of humans travelling time is based on a worm hole's existence.

So.... logically, you would have to be skeptical of humans travelling time.

...is just as sound of a proposal [as a wormhole.]

And why is that part questionable drinkthesunwithmyface?
Posted: 12/16/2014 6:48:23 AM
If you have to ask why it is questionable to claim that creating worm-hole-burping, rainbow-farting dragons is as sound of a proposal, with just as sound science, as actual investigations into the possibilities of real wormholes and real time-travel...

...I would say that you have bigger problems than the validity of the subject at hand; That you might be burping what you should be farting, and farting what you should be burping. I think that you have a rainbow in your wormhole. And a psychological monkey-dragon on your back. No pun or inuendo intended.
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/16/2014 9:34:54 AM
Given that worm holes are a figment of the imagination....I would say that your inability to prove otherwise makes sense.

Remember, in imagination world....almost anything can allegedly exist.
You know I am simply mocking the others that believe humans can travel time because of the imagination.
Of course Flying Dragons that burp worm holes don't exist....neither is the ability for humans to reach a worm hole or create one.
 robaustralia
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/27/2014 7:53:08 AM

Yet the whole basis of humans travelling time is based on a worm hole's existence

Says who? Your scientific illiteracy is incredibly funny. My 12 yo niece understands Time Dilation, why can't you?

BTW

Wormholes don't exist.
Wormholes don't exist.
Wormholes don't exist.
Wormholes don't exist.
Wormholes don't exist.
Wormholes don't exist.

Is not proof that wormholes don't exist.
 robaustralia
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/3/2015 8:26:27 AM
^^^^^^^^^

I thought you left the building?

Thanks for your informative post about the technological difficulties of relativistic speeds. I already know that. However that doesn't prove that wormholes don't exist.

The whole point of that has gone sailing right over your head.

Keep trolling though, your childish tactics remind me of a 12yo.
Posted: 1/5/2015 9:07:10 AM

Oh I totally understand Time Dilation.
At the speeds we travel at in everyday life "time dilation" is so small
that it's not detectable to all but atomic clocks.
Even if you were to spend your whole life travelling in a fast modern jet
your time dilation as measured by a stationary observer
would still not even register on a digital watch.

Woohoo, you travelled time.
Not exactly what the OP was talking about nor what I am talking about.

The purpose in pointing out time dilation is to understand what time, and time travel, really is...when discussing whether or not time travel is possible. But I don't know about this new thread about dragons burping worm holes and farting rainbows...let alone claiming that a serious hypothesis or method for creating such a dragon is actually scientifically sound. Again, I think that someone has a rainbow in their wormhole.
Posted: 1/6/2015 12:42:32 PM
^ And that's the reason for pointing this out - Humans not only can travel time, but they DO travel time. Constantly. In reality. It may not be what you're imagining for fun, and it may be forever infinitesimally unnoticeable...but that's beside the point. The point IS to realize what you're really talking about, when saying stuff like "humans can't" and "theoretically versus real". What I'm talking about REALLY IS "time travel". Ironically, you should depart from the views of time travel born of fantasy, in order to see what we're talking about in reality.
 3rdmediumfish
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/31/2015 10:04:13 PM
If you just spent the last couple months being unable to turn lights on or off.
You're dreaming.
 kidreason29
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/2/2015 1:59:57 PM
worm holes,
vortexes,
teleportation,
time travel (forward and reverse),
cloning,
putting consciousness onto 'computers',
super intelligent AI,
dragons that breath fire,
traveling faster than light,
...list goes on, are all possible, until someone proves they are not.

Looking at a black hole, then a worm hole, it is not difficult to see that a worm hole would be possible

Teleportation, and time travel happen at the smallest levels of reality. Physics supports things to happen in reverse.

quantum-entanglement happens faster than the speed of light

Dragons that breath fire, in order to prove that they never existed, you would have to visit every planet that has life and look at their history and see that their were never dragons, etc Until then, it is a null statement to say dragons don't exist. Then there is the possibility of genetically mutating an animal.
 kidreason29
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/2/2015 6:18:07 PM
There is no absolute definition of god. To say god is an omnipotent being is itself a belief.

Omnipotent can also be possible, for example, if the universe were a hologram or a simulation, etc. and god created such, from within the universe god is omnipotent, but in the plane of existence god is(outside the universe), god is not omnipotent.

I don't believe god to be Omnipotent, just 'super intelligent', but that does not mean it is not a god.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/4/2016 4:34:38 PM
The research into nuclear fusion will provide the technology required to protect the rainbow farting dragons and passengers.

Superior magnet technology and nanobiotech-genetics
 Aaman1953
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/24/2016 3:38:26 AM
This raises some of the key points. No, we do not know that the dragon/wormhole thing is impossible, nor do we know that it is possible. But how might one test it? Here I see a few problems:

1. Find a wormhole.
2. Learn enough about it to be able to create a vehicle that can fly it - this is where the dragon talk belongs.
3. Fund the vehicle, build it, validate it, get enough explorers crazy enough to try this.
4. Finally, figure out how to get feedback from the explorers to know if they actually got "there," or if they had a problem they could report before radiation or something smoked them.

Even orbital space, 200 to 25,000 miles above Earth's surface is a very hostile place. How much more so the wormhole environment?

Just another thing we don't know!
 standabovethecrowd
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2016 10:00:49 AM
Those flying dragons are a menace. I've had to put down traps.

Are you sure it's a dragon, and not an invisible pink unicorn?

The current understanding of physics says a wormhole would close up if you tried to send anything down it.
Posted: 1/29/2016 5:36:27 PM
I think my wormhole is burping dragons.
 LovingLoner2
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2018 9:34:55 PM
Seriously?
This is why this forum doesn't get much traction.
 jotlet
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/25/2018 6:45:43 AM
No...this forums was great in years past...but the posters are all gone now...decimated by admin and moderator aholes and incompetence.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Flying Dragons that burp worm holes