Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Any tips?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ozsealady1
Msg: 2
Any tips?Page 1 of 1    
Is that your wife or girlfriend in your photo?
Does not matter who... it needs to be deleted.

That is the only glaring error I can see.

You are a handsome, fit, literate man.

A rarity on here.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 3
Any tips?
Posted: 12/14/2014 4:02:56 PM

Haven't been getting many (any) replies

Welcome to POF, where women demand long messages with content. That also display that you've taken notice to whatever drivel they are into. But never reply back anyway.

Do you like writing short essays for no reason? Because if you do, POF is the place for that bro.

Seriously though, your profile is fine. Its just the way online dating is. I think theres some weird fascination women have with keeping a profile up for giggles. Either that or im one ugly dude online for some inexplicable reason. In reality im fine, its much easier to meet women in reality... go figure.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 5
Any tips?
Posted: 12/14/2014 4:22:07 PM
The real trick is finding the new users, they almost always reply back.

I suspect, though I have not confirmed, that there are a lot of people on this website that aren't who they say they are. Or there are a lot of people on this website that sort of use it as a "play the field" option open type deal.

Another thing is you don't want to be too far away, its a turn off.

I don't know, I've sent messages to women I wasn't even interested in just for shits and giggles to see if they would reply back. Lots of no replies, for one reason or another, its all speculation... but people are sleezy... hell I know I am hahha
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 6
Any tips?
Posted: 12/14/2014 4:28:53 PM

Welcome to POF, where women demand long messages with content. That also display that you've taken notice to whatever drivel they are into. But never reply back anyway.

Truth in advertising.

Any tips?

Don't tug on Superman's cape.
Don't spit into the wind.
Don't pull the mask off that ole Lone Ranger.
Don't mess around with Jim.

And use as much clean humor as possible in profile and messages.
It used to work well, and may start getting appreciated again soon.
 Tiny_danc3r
Msg: 7
Any tips?
Posted: 12/14/2014 4:55:39 PM
you "kinda" went to school for fitness and to play drums sounds rather vague...

You have a few good photos but are lacking a clear body shot that features just you.

If you like Tricking see if you can find a Capoeira class in your area. It's a Brazilian dance/martial art form that includes a lot of the moves I saw in the tricking videos. I've been studying for 2 years now, it's very challenging and a lot of fun :)
 CTRLvector
Msg: 9
Any tips?
Posted: 12/14/2014 4:58:30 PM

Capoeira class

Yeah if you want to get flattened in a street fight lol, go to your local boxing gym in a low class neighborhood. That's practical, and if you live in the south, watch out for the Mexican fighters, they're boxy and wiry.
 Tiny_danc3r
Msg: 10
Any tips?
Posted: 12/14/2014 5:19:43 PM

Yeah if you want to get flattened in a street fight lol, go to your local boxing gym in a low class neighborhood. That's practical, and if you live in the south, watch out for the Mexican fighters, they're boxy and wiry.

LOL... Yep, could be :) Capoeira is completely non-contact. Which could potentially get your ass kicked if you came up against someone who wasn't "playing"... The capoeiristas are pretty bad ass, but for most of us, it's the tricks and not it's combat appeal that keep us going :) Actually hitting someone with even a basic kick throws off your balance and you are likely to land on your ass! But you look bad ass right up to the splat :)
 Forums_only
Msg: 12
Any tips?
Posted: 12/14/2014 7:28:40 PM
Jason!

You have a great gallery, love the captions.

The Interests field could use a couple more (hamburgers?) to help show that great big personality.

The profile body was a good read and I could definitely get a sense of what it would be like to hang out with you, liability waivers and all.

For me, as a hypothetical 20-something ish girl reading your profile, it basically says FWB (wants to date but nothing serious means different things to men/women here) until you add a line explaining otherwise. If you truly don't want to find a one-on-one relationship, don't change it, just be aware of how most young women interpret that intent.

Intro messages should be 3-4 sentences at most, light humoured, specific to one topic in her profile and include a question so she has an easy way to respond IF she chooses. If you are frustrated with how to create a message with the limited profiles some women throw on here, why waste your time? It's obviously a clue on how boring a conversation would be with her, anyway. Or - go completely the other way and throw down a challenge to her. "Well your profile is pretty vague, what's something you could tell me that you didn't put in your profile?" (I had a young friend in Texas use that approach and he either got a great response or blocked, but he was totally fearless.)

Good luck.

ps - using your real name and occupation made it really easy to find out where you worked. I'm too far away to stalk you, but....
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Any tips?